It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran reaches out a hand to USA in help for the oilspill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Iranian state company wants to help USA with the oil disaster in the Gulf. Iran who is very innovative in both oil and Electricity knows these situations very well.
In the article a spokesman said their expertise makes this situation easy to fix.

Do you think the US will say yes, and if so is this the start of seeing a different side of Iran or is it their way of just getting more leverage?

Ive heard that they are considering fire wich was kinnda the idea an eight year old would think was ok, but i mean how can this not have big consequences?

Source : tvnz.co.nz...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think the USA is too proud to accept help, especially from Iran.

Which is a shame really.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

I would have to question Irans motives in lending a helping hand to the U.S and BP. Im sure if there was something we could do to stop this buy know they would have done it , as im all most sure BP is pushing the envelope in Deep Sea Drilling. In my opinion Iran is just trying to get deep sea drilling technology or is just tring to out maneuver the U.S on the World Stage.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I doubt the US will accept help from Iran publically, but they might take thier ideas and put them to use.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why would Iran want to befriend the western invaders? sounds like a trap to me...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracydude

I think you misjudge who has always been the aggressor in the US / Iran relationship.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I wish this made Main Stream Media.

Let them try I would say, it will take 3 weeks to drill a new hole for BP, why sit around and wait?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

It did make main stream media, just take a look around. This is nothing but a publicity stunt for Iran. They know the US will not accept their help. And why should we? They are supplying weapons to terrorist groups that kill our soldiers in the M.E. and talk about killing off Israel daily. I say if Iran wants to help, how about they start by stopping their nuclear weapons program.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
reply to post by Grey Magic

They are supplying weapons to terrorist groups

So are the United States

how about they start by stopping their nuclear weapons program.

Why doesn't the United States follow suit?

More quite intelligent PR moves from the powers that be in Iran. Bravo! I think, when the very existence and continuation of ocean life is under threat every minute of the day...nations really ought to cut out their cock-waving, egotistical banterings and mayhaps team up to fix human mistakes.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
mods asleep? there's another thread on this, we're getting really tired of seeing the same topics - is the search function broken?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So, Iran wants to help.

That is a first. And do not trust it.

Iran is a country which has murdered its own and always puts women down.

Do not trust a lying helping hand.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I do believe Iran is truly reaching out, of course its all politics so they will try and make themselves look better by doing this. I think it is in the best interest of America and let me tell you why.

If America does accept this generous offer, it would mean that Iran would begin to have a softer side to America. I know you are probably thinking they will do this so they can become even worse, but trust me that would not be the case.

It would allow for a reluctant friendship. I say reluctant friendship because they won't become friends by doing this but they will begin to listen to each other a little more. Kinda like reaching out a hand and being met with two fingers to grasp.

The US and Iran would have more dialoge while maintaining no relations. Iran would probably not be so boisterous about Israel and nuclear program and the US would not be so eeger for sanctions.

This will also probably call for a little bargaining. Iran tells America they will clean up the oil spill and in return they maybe sign an oil contract or give Iran some kind of perk without it really appearing as a big scene in the world.

top topics

join