It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this photo Deepwater's smoking gun?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Source.

There's lots of buzz on several websites about this picture. Notice the hole in the aluminum helipad?

Thoughts, anyone?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hmmmm that is interesting The thoughts on the source site, of a phosphorous bomb ehhh, I don't know. I don't enough about metals to hazard a guess. How ever, it does seem wierd if that's made of aluminum, and the stuff below it didn't melt that there would be a hole there. Nice find.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This video shows the effect of the high-energy laser beam from the Boeing Advanced Tactical Laser (ATL), fired at a stationary truck from a US Air Force NC-130H flying over White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico, on August 30, 2009.
The ATL is a chemical oxygen iodine laser (COIL), and is a SCALED-DOWN version of the megawatt-class high-energy laser in the Boeing YAL-1 Airborne Laser (ABL).
www.escapistmagazine.com...
???

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CestLaVie

Well, that's disturbing...

Of course there does seem to be a difference in the size of the hole in the helipad and the one made in the video. That would have to be one hell of a laser.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

one big difference between your laser video
and the photo of the rig.

There is no smoke coming from the heli-pad
after the hole was cut.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Very interesting photograph. Good find.

I do not know what to make of this yet, I will have to think about it longer and see what thoughts other ATSers have.

I am still trying to determine other angles to this as well.

The Dai Hong Dan theory was labeled a hoax but it might not be actually because it hasn't been disproved yet. In fact some of the evidence is starting to support that theory (tenuously).

For those who don't know what I am talking about.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.youtube.com...

Just because the source is garbage, does not mean it's fake. We have to debunk it the correct way.

But judging by this photograph, we have a hole up topside on the helipad, which is very perplexing.

This is turning out to be very confusing.

We need more data.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Isn't the problem near the floor of the ocean, about a mile down? Which is why they haven't been able to cap it? I don't think a laser or other munition could have attacked from above and gone through a mile of ocean...

Of course I really don't know a thing about how these rigs work or if an explosion up top could cause that damage down below. Any experts on offshore rigs on here?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

one big difference between your laser video
and the photo of the rig.

There is no smoke coming from the heli-pad
after the hole was cut.

The hole could have been cut many hours prior to the photograph.

So really you wouldn't see smoke except for the very moment it happened, granted we are considering the airborne laser theory here.

Sorry I can't help but chuckle about ourselves.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
does anybody besides me feel like
there are 2 different US Gov factions
at war with each other ???

I mean,
the prez wanted to drill offshore
then the military (may have, speculative)
blown it up.

Who is controlling the military ????

[edit on 2-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The hole could have been cut many hours prior to the photograph.

the light grey discoloration around the hole
also tends to back ur theory.

it was also explain why all the backup systems
failed.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
When I look at the hole of the helipad, i notice that the metal is bent inward. Something coming in from the air is then more likely to be the causality.
Unless the fire under the helipad was so intense it vaporised part of it and left some part of it slowly bending downward because of gravity.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Look at the upward force of the explosion; a huge chunk of anything could have landed on the pad crushing the aluminum inward, imo. Amazing picture.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
A blow out is caused by gas, natural gas, that is coming out of the still attached pipe like a blow torch, the helipad was horizontal when the blow out happened and for the next 24 hours or so. The inward edges were probaly caused by melting aluminum which is what the helipad deck is made of for weight considerations. I know this is a conspiracy site, but come on. There were many survivors and other ships in the area. They would have been telling anyone that would listen if some attack above water took place.

[edit on 2/5/10 by spirit_horse]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Looks like the metal on the pad is warping due to high heat. It also stands to reason that with it being aluminum it is very easy to melt. Just my .02 and I definitely am not a scientists. Good find OP.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I would also like to raise another question, not so much pertaining to the photo but visible in the photo.

Who in the world thought putting that fire out was a good idea? If the fire were left to burn, we would not be dealing with as large a spill, would we?

I know they said there are two or three leaks in the pipe on the sea floor, but surely the largest is from the main pipe on the rig, no?

I heard a caller on the news, an oil man from Canada, who said it was the dumbest thing they could have done. Yet, you see now one talking about this. Isn't that how they handled the land leaks? Let them burn until they could cap?

About the photo, what is the alleged cause of that hole?

ETA it also looks blown IN?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
As this image shows, the area around the helipad was burning intensely before the platform capsized. It's not surprising the deck burned through. It also appears that is the area which firefighting was concentrated on. Makes sense.

[edit on 5/2/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sure, but they were trying to keep the platform floating so the oil or gas could burn off. The pipe broke, bent, and started leaking after the platform capsized and then worsend after it sank. I don't trust callers to radio shows claiming to be anyone. Anytime in the past when an offshore rig caught fire they attempt to put it out and possibly save the high dollar rig and not damage the well or pipe attached to it below.

[edit on 2/5/10 by spirit_horse]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
According to what I read probably on BBC news, they didnt know about the leak until after the fire was out or near that timeframe.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well, I am not a photo expert, or a military expert, or a demolitions expert, but to me, that looks like the perfect outline of a bomb.

Someone should get some experts in here for a look, and see what they see. Is there anyone on ATS from the military who specializes in bombs, who can shed some light on this photo?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
As this image shows, the area around the helipad was burning intensely before the platform capsized. It's not surprising the deck burned through. It also appears that is the area which firefighting was concentrated on. Makes sense.

[edit on 5/2/2010 by Phage]

If it burned from the bottom up, I would think that the outline would look different.....with black smoke around it. That hole in the helipad looks like a heavy, incendiary device came through the deck, and thus bent the metal downward.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join