It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection Journal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SlapBassist531

I have to be totally honest with you Bassist, I'm not much more than a beginner myself. However, I can say this in regards to your post: A still mind is essential. I've posted this in other threads but it deserves posting again.

There's a Buddhist monk by the name of Ajahn Brahm. He once said of meditation that "Patience is the fastest way." You see, an individual must (when learning any new endeavor) master the basic concepts before they can go on to the juicy stuff. You must understand each aspect as well as you understand your own hand. You have to be familiar with it, friends with it, embrace it. Only once you completely understand the basic concepts can you excel to the next level of this endeavor. Even then, every level after this requires the same patience and fortitude to succeed.

This would be my advice: Master a basic form of meditation first. There's a reason I haven't posted any AP entry's most recently. I'm going back to the beginning to master the initial steps necessary. Back to my point, become fluent in some form of meditation. Really well at it, to the point of where you can meditate uninterrupted for say...two hundred breaths. By uninterrupted I mean without interference of your mind, body, external sources, etc. You may find in the end that you no longer wish to AP. But, the meditation is good for you even if only for health reasons, the meditation should be considered.

Once you've become totally friendly with a form of meditation then I think AP will be easy for you. They share the same concepts really. Obviously they are not exactly the same, not two things are, but they are similar. Being familiar with one will help you understand some precepts of the other. Then again, I could have totally mis-read your post and blathered on like a fool for the past five minutes. Regardless, hope this helps!

Sincerely,
--capablemind

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Nah theres some truth in that post. What form of meditation would you advice (if there are as such) and how does one know they are doing it properly? In other words how am I to focus, and which task? Is it more of a focus of keeping all thoughts out and basically that of a void in the process or silence? It seems like after re-reading this it seems like a bit of jibber-jabber but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to ask. Peace

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Neat post, I've tried a few times and felt I was close once when I simply felt that I was on my way to a different place. Not sure where though. I was laying down and trying to get as relaxed as possible when it happened. I suddenly got frightened about what i was about to do and snapped out of it

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Acapable mind, I wish you luck in your journeys. I myself have had way too many half-experiences. I haven't been practicing recently due to being very busy, but I am very interested in this topic. An important factor from what I have learned is energy work. Astral projection is a process that requires alot of patience, and is more likely to work if not rushed, and all steps taken.

A great book I recommened to you and others is Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. That is the best book out their on it in my opinion, with Adverntures Beyond the Body by William Buhlman coming in second.

The first is much more detailed especially on the energy work, meditation technques, and concious/unconcious splits. The second contains the authors journals, along with an explanation of the steps, and a section discussing discoveries in science that tie into it, such as quantum physics.

I also wish everyone here luck in their attempts. And Riaden, what a well intented path you have chosen. I myself feel some kind of concious need to choose that path as well.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

[edit on 7-5-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlapBassist531
Nah theres some truth in that post. What form of meditation would you advice (if there are as such) and how does one know they are doing it properly? In other words how am I to focus, and which task? Is it more of a focus of keeping all thoughts out and basically that of a void in the process or silence? It seems like after re-reading this it seems like a bit of jibber-jabber but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to ask. Peace

Please forgive me man, the landscape company I work for is doing this enormous project for the State and I've been working my tail off. They have dignitaries from D.C. coming to the opening of this job, Governors, etc. So we've been pretty well working overtime all day. May even have to work this weekend. So, I haven't been absent from the thread, just busy and tired. I don't know that I will have the time necessary to answer your post to the best of my abilities this morning, but I will try to finish after work if that's necessary. When one meditates they need to have a goal for themselves just like anything else. You need to understand what you are trying to achieve. In this case, I think you would be pursuing (as you stated) a mindlessness. You are attempting to separate your consciousness from your own self (ego in eastern philosophy, sin in middle-eastern, etc) where your thoughts, emotions, and other daily things reside. You are attempting to rise above all of this and ascertain a state of harmony, peace, bliss, uninterrupted mindlessness.

So, with that said, there are thousands of meditation books, articles, guru's, etc to help you find the meditation that works for you. I personally practice a Buddhist technique as I find their methods to be long term commitments capable of changing one's self. Some of the 'new age' meditation techniques, in my opinion, may only serve the moment and what you are trying to accomplish. Again, if this suits you, don't be afraid to adopt it. I'm running out of time...

Perhaps this exercise will help you?:

Sit down somewhere comfortable. You don't have to do anything fancy with your body, just set your hands in your lap and cross your legs if you can. Close your eyes and breathe naturally. By naturally I do mean naturally; don't try to control your breathing or it may become labored, painful, cause your heartbeat to rise, etc. These effects won't hurt you they will just interfere with your meditation. Now, once you've managed to get comfortable in posture and breath just sit for a moment letting everything kind of melt away.

Now, close your eyes. For the next three minutes (I use this time frame because you are a beginner. In meditation, at some point for it to work, you must abandon time. In fact it is the purpose of the exercise I am showing you.) try not to think about the past or the future. Only be mindful of the present. Of you right now in this moment. Don't let memories from yesterday come up and don't concentrate on the budget meeting next week, etc. Only the moment exists. This is fundamental to succeeding in meditation. Well, in this form of meditation anyways.

So there's step one. Practice until you are only aware of the present moment for three whole minutes. Then raise the time frame until you can hold it for say...one hundred breaths? Alright, I have to go to work but I'll respond to everyone tonight!

Sincerely,
--capablemind

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Excellent thread... I tend to have more luck with transcendental meditation when I lay down instead of sitting up... Granted, it's easier to fall asleep but, it also encouraged lucid dreams if you fall asleep.

I've had some craaazy experiences with AP when doing this. The main thing I notice that happens every time is that I lose recognition of my body position. I can't tell if my hands are facing up or down, or my foot position. It's wild. I get pulsating or vibrations through my body and when I focus on coming OUT of my physical body it really feels strange. I mean, it literally feels like i'm coming out of myself. The sensation of vertigo is the most prevalent for me. Do any of you guys get crazy vertigo when doing it?

The other day I was meditating and focusing on projection and had a unique feeling that i've never had... My face got numb as I felt like I was trying to leave my physical body and then it started feeling like it was contorting and totally warping. Here's the best way I can describe it.. Have you ever used the "fish eye" or "smear" effect on picture editing software? Where you can warp somebodies picture all crazy like. Well, THAT is what my face felt like. It was freakin' weird!

Anyway, i'm interested to see if anybody else has similar experiences.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
just wanted to say thanks for this thread and to keep posting, it's an interesting read.

I'm just getting in to all this myself, slowly. It's inspiring to read the accounts here.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

I would be posting more journal entries if I had the time to actually dedicate myself to serious practice. I'm just so busy lately!! I apologize for any of you who were hoping to see a more recent post in regards to my practice.

I will try to make one soon. I just don't quite have the time I used to. So, that said, thank you all for posting in this thread and keeping it alive as long as you have. I may not be posting any AP's yet but I do have some interesting material to share with you all. Perhaps tonight?

(I know, I always say 'tonight')

I will try amigos.

Sincerely,
--capablemind

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hi Acapablemind

Just a thought, but do you wake up in the middle of the night? I find it much easier during this time as i'm already in a state where i can take my focus off my body and back into the astral. It's more difficult when you have to do it after a long hard day.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by raiden12

I do and I don't to be honest. It is very sporadic at best and even when I do, I'm don't have much cognizant awareness of the moment before i fall back asleep. However, I will take your advice and if in the next few days I wake up in the middle of the night, I'll give it a shot!

Thanks!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Depending on what time you have to get up on any given morning, try setting your alarm, or something that will wake you up and wake up for about 4 to around 5 am. When your alarm goes off etc, sit up turn it off, and actually get out of bed, walk for a few seconds and get back in. This will give you enough stimulation mentally, but as you have just woke up, it is still easy to fall back asleep.
Once back in bed, lay flat, and youl notice that you will be drifing to sleep quite quickly. Do your best to let your body sleep and yet keep an awareness of this process. To me it seems everyone here is familiar with the different stages, so dont really need to go into depth. An early morning practice is far easier when practicing rather than trying it before bed. Good Luck!

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Lately I have tried to do something close to astral projection but have found that i'm somewhat confused and almost as if there is a block, that was in florida just last week but now that I am home it is getting easier to do again any thoughts on this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join