It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief Joseph

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I suppose as Freddy Mercury once sang with the Queen song "Hammer to Fall", when the time comes and the NWO have got your group or personality focused for "removal", then there's nothing one can do.
That is when I often think of Chief Joseph.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
thank you for that video
it meant so much

and it is so relevant
in current times as well

and is just a reminder
that talk with no actions
is no real talk at all

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You're welcome. I know I'm connecting history and music, and some will criticize me for that, perhaps. But: www.sing365.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hear me, my chiefs. I am tired. My heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.
reply to post by halfoldman

Chief Joseph's surrender speech, see: www2.gsu.edu...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That was beautiful!!!! If all of mankind could live with reverence for their fellow man, the earth and all that it holds, we would all be better off for it. So much has changed over the years that we can hardly recognize how life is supposed to be. Free as the wind. We live in times of chaos and wars and lack of respect and wisdom.

On my mother's side of the family, there was a Canadian Indian Grandmother whos' tribe was almost wiped out. They eventually joined with other tribes here in the states. On my Father's side, we had an ancestor that married an indian princess. How I would have loved to have known them, to have heard the stories of their lives.

Sadly, there is no going back.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Isn't it sad to see how all our great politicians and peace-makers, and symbols of togertherness are ripped from our lives?
Surely it cannot all be coincidence?

So who rules the world?
I suppose the basterds who murdered them.
And it shows....

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Great vid
you might want to peek at my earlier post
it falls along these same lines
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I think somebody said to General Howards, who was on the Nez Pearce campaign: "During his long career, Chief Joseph cannot accuse the United States of a single act of justice."

Now that is heartbreaking.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
A very wise man... lot of history and not to be forgotten.

Much respect.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

General Oliver Otis Howard is another great American whose contributions have been forgotten. He lost an arm and continued to serve. At Chancellorsville it was Howard's XII corps that was crushed by Jackson's surprise flank attack. He continued to serve throughout the war finishing his service in the west under Sherman. After the civil war Howard was involved in the Freedmans' bureau, trying to help black families in the south.
In the west Howard always treated native americans with great respect and it was with sadness that he was involved in the pursuit of chief Joseph and the Nez Perce tribe. How they evaded the US army and survived through the harsh winter and nearly made it to Canada is a tale worthy of the biblical exodus. Yet another great and sadly forgotten American.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I suppose here must have been many, many Chief Josephs in the Americas and elsewhere that just disappeared.
Here, in SA the Khoisan people experienced a similar genocide, mostly as nameless, faceless ciphers.
For the survivors, it is interesting how much laqnguage is tied to identity.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-5-2010 by halfoldman]

new topics

top topics

join