It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.0 Earthquake Northern California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Woops they just removed it from the map what was that about. Possibly could be a foreshadowing of a future quake. LOL what was this about. All I know is something big is going to occur from the 3rd of May to the 9th.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

Here's alittle bit more on this false alarm.

The false alarm created a flurry of activity for earthquake watchers and news media but otherwise disappeared from the USGS system with the strike of a delete button.
Source

I'm going to keep an eye out on this one.

Thats kinda interesting that if the USGS's computers go haywire, they can simply erase seismic readings from the public w/ the delete button. I wonder how many times they used that delete button?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I received notice of the 5.0 earthquake, epicenter 11 km NE of Napa, even stating the depth 5 km at 3:47 eastern time on my phone via Twitter, NewEarthquake.

Rueters then sent a Tweet annoucing the earthquake, then a retraction at 4:09 eastern time.

Could there have been some other kind of kind of event misinterpreted as an earthquake? If so, the MSM isn't saying so as of yet.

Curious!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Any event that can be mistaken for a 5.0 earthquake is seriously newsworthy and should not be dumped with the delete button. This is most certainly a significant story, worthy of additional investigation. S&F for you.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I live in California and I hope nothing bad like this happens. California would be the worst place in the U.S to have a disaster like this.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Weird days for sure, there was an earthquake in Poland as well of all places unless I am seeing things. What is rather interesting is that the quake looks quite lonely sitting in a area that is to all intents and purposes - quake free! :scratchhead:

DATE and TIME (UTC) LAT-ITUDE LONG-ITUDE MAG-NITUDE DEPTH km REGION
30-APR-2010 03:51:37 51.66 16.02 4.1 5.0 POLAND

IRIS Seismic Monitor

[edit on 30-4-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Hey there. I still need to reply to your comment. I hardly ever go on my computer! Lol. But yes, it certainly would be bad. Due to the population density right over the fault lines. Most people though will tell us all about how it would be cool to see a 10.0 EQ wipe California off the face of the Earth not realizing that half the US lives here. You guys seem to get the worst EQs in NoCal too.

Anywho, I say that someone probably bumped into the seismograph. Or maybe a bird landed on it. I'm sure its nothing too exciting. If it was something of significance someone would be on here posting about the explosion that caused it. Or someone would have felt shaking.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I searched and searched through twitter and only found 2 "hey did we just have an earthquake" tweets, which at the time I didn't check the location for. (could have been anywhere in the world.) Usually, when there is an EQ of any size in a major metropolitan region in CA, there are pages and pages of "woah, earthquake" tweets within seconds. The Bay Area probably has a higher concentration of people online than anywhere else in the US, and this quake would have been strongly felt in the Livermore/Berkeley/Oakland area, which has a high concentration of tech workers.

new topics

top topics

join