It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss him? Bush's reputation might be ready for a rebound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Miss him? Bush's reputation might be ready for a rebound

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON — Is George W. Bush about to start a political comeback?

Written off as one of the worst presidents in U.S. history when he left office, the 63-year-old Bush has been keeping a low profile, fading from view as the country turned its attention to his successor, President Barack Obama .

Now, some events might be turning in Bush's favor just as he and his family emerge to tell their side of the story, first with the release this week of Laura Bush's memoir, "Spoken From the Heart," then in November with the release of his book, "Decision Points."

"The rehab's well un
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well it seems Dubya is about to make a political comeback. As a president I liked Bush, probably because my Hubby was in the Army and he and all of his friends supported him and his policies. i'm going to take a back seat to this thread and listen to everyone's comments. Do you think this is a good thing? Who do you like better Bush or Obama. I know this site has very politically minded people.....I am not one of them. Politics have always confused me. Thoughts on Bush? Thoughts on Obama?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
They're both evil little traitors who carefully and successfully play the roles and do the deeds that they are TOLD to do by the power hungry, unelected billionaires who actually run this country. Anyone who tells you different has their head in the sand.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yeah, can't wait for him to make a comeback...his unjustified invasions, lax economic policies leading to the financial crisis, intelligent ways with words, worse environmental laws, and friendship with big business is something we all missed since he left

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
He hasn't waited long enough for a comeback, and will go down in history as one of the worst presidents...........ever!! People are not so quick to forgive, or forget.

It's going to take generations of people to get over the years he spent as president.

My thoughts about Obama is that he is making changes, and people do not easily take to change. It's too early to tell what his legacy will be.

link   
I tell people must be going wrong, if they even consider this murderer to be anything but absolute scum.

Amazing how people ignore all the human rights violations this guy and his team did.

Oh and then you complain about iran, lol. Hypocrites.

[edit on 4/30/2010 by andy1033]

link   
Why would I miss Bush?
Because I miss his lying about WMD?
Because he did jack about Wall Street in 8 years?
Because he spied on me illegally?
Because I miss having a President that serves only money?
Because he was surrounded by psychos and neocon corporatists?
Because he totally collapsed the economy?
Yeah, THOSE WERE THE DAYS ALL RIGHT!
JEEZUZ H!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
His comeback? I hope they are joking...

He never left, he and Cheney run a-lot of the show that goes on today.

Bush Jr. and Barrack Obama just listen to what they have to say, just puppets.

Only the ignorant will buy any book from that A-wad, Bush Sr.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Why would I miss Bush?
Because I miss his lying about WMD?
Because he did jack about Wall Street in 8 years?
Because he spied on me illegally?
Because I miss having a President that serves only money?
Because he was surrounded by psychos and neocon corporatists?
Because he totally collapsed the economy?
Yeah, THOSE WERE THE DAYS ALL RIGHT!
JEEZUZ H!

At least we had the TP to stand up for our liberties and justice...oh, wait

I wonder where they were during Bush's administration. Maybe still on the leash of their Bush-loving leaders Palin & co who didn't allow them to stand up against injustice as long as it served their purpose.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Yeah, can't wait for him to make a comeback...his unjustified invasions, lax economic policies leading to the financial crisis, intelligent ways with words, worse environmental laws, and friendship with big business is something we all missed since he left

I think long-term Bush will be given much of a pass on the "lax economic policies". It wasn't the GOP that was extorting banks to lend money to people that couldn't afford the terms of the loan thereby creating a bubble and specifically a housing bubble. Right after Bush came in to office hearings were had on Fannie Mae, the half-corporate/half-government entity and he was pushing for reform to get the government out of it. Barney Frank was in the hearing and blasted the GOP for asserting that anything might be wrong with Fannie Mae.

Fast-forward and every concern brought up in those hearings came to fruition. The market also began its downward collapse after the DNC took back control of congress in 2006. I think there is a lot of blame to go around but history is going to prove that the policies of progressives in congress are what brought this about.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They say that Hitlers popularity was pretty low when he left office but if you look at his ratings with people today its much higher then it was then.

It looks like bush has a lot in common with him even beyond just murdering large groups of people.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Wait, you make it sound like things are different now...

Care to explain?

I for one, really wish we could have what Jesse (The Body) Ventura proposed:

An additional choice on the ballot that reads "NONE OF THE ABOVE"

I bet more people would vote for neither, than for one or the other. The public is fed up with the federal government and their thuggery. These politicians have no desire to be representatives of the people anymore, the whole god damn thing is like the Mafia now.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

They say that Hitlers popularity was pretty low when he left office but if you look at his ratings with people today its much higher then it was then.

When he left office?
WTF? You really need to learn some history!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i'm going to have to agree with the first reply from mattifikation, bush was just a dipsh## pawn, like the corporate puppet in office now.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This sums up view on this perfectly:

“I'll show you politics in America. Here it is, right here. 'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs.' 'I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking.' 'Hey, wait a minute, there's one guy holding out both puppets!'”
Bill Hicks

new topics

top topics

join