It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Massive Oil Spill Cause Huge Landslides, Earthquake - Tsunami?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Depending on the depth of the oil being pumped and the nature of the matrix different things can happen.

If the oil is close to the surface and the matrix is weak a certain amount of subsidence can occur. The level of the ground in the area being pumped can drop. You won't get a sudden "sinkhole" because such a wide area is affected, the level of the ground slowly drops. This can cause problems with roads and structures but it's not like an earthquake. More commonly the deposit is too deep for this to occur though. There is plenty of solid rock above the deposit.

Usually water will seep (or is pumped) in to replace any lost pressure. Magma is far too viscous (and far too deep) to flow into the matrix to replace the oil.

[edit on 4/29/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks phage!

Your answer was much more complete. Seems that wasn't so bad of a guess coming from a GED education.
I think observing nature and rummaging the web has gotten me a lot further as a thinker. . .

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I just want to say that I think you are right on and it would not surprise me if this spill was not an accident. They may have wanted to setup the present situation in order to create a disaster big enough to declare marshal law. Just another conspiracy theory. I have thought recently about the effect that a tsunami would have on the FL panhandle.

edit on 1-1-2011 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HarryJoy

Oceanographic satellite data now shows that the Loop Current in the Gulf of Mexico has stalled as a consequence of the BP oil spill disaster. This according to Dr. Gianluigi Zangari, an Italian theoretical physicist, and major complex and chaotic systems analyst at the Frascati National Laboratories in Italy.

He further notes that the effects of this stall have also begun to spread to the Gulf Stream. This is because the Loop Current is a crucial element of the Gulf Stream itself and why it is commonly referred to as the "main engine" of the Stream.

The concern now, is whether or not natural processes can re-establish the stalled Loop Current. If not, we could begin to see global crop failures as early as 2011 (it's already being reported in Flordia)

Anyone have more news on this item, I didn't see anywhere on the web that the gulf stream is "repaired", it forms part of the Oceanic conveyor belt that has been shown to be directly correlated to ICE AGES when it slows to a crawl .... well now this Italian physists says the gulf loop is broken .... and yup Florida and Europe are plunged into a really cold winter. Why no mainsteam news on this ? Is this real for real ???? If it is we are in big big trouble ......food shortages here we come. I so hope this is not the case.

www.care2.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

It would appear that this is just another potential disaster that can strike fear into our hearts. Hopefully the people on this forum have a belief or philosophy that gives them some level of peace and security during these unprecedented times of looming disaster.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yes i believe it can because anything that destroys the environment will later have devestating effects on the way nature works. Causing the earth to be out of balance and as a result react accordingly.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman
reply to post by HarryJoy

Oceanographic satellite data now shows that the Loop Current in the Gulf of Mexico has stalled as a consequence of the BP oil spill disaster. This according to Dr. Gianluigi Zangari, an Italian theoretical physicist, and major complex and chaotic systems analyst at the Frascati National Laboratories in Italy.

He further notes that the effects of this stall have also begun to spread to the Gulf Stream. This is because the Loop Current is a crucial element of the Gulf Stream itself and why it is commonly referred to as the "main engine" of the Stream.

The concern now, is whether or not natural processes can re-establish the stalled Loop Current. If not, we could begin to see global crop failures as early as 2011 (it's already being reported in Flordia)

Anyone have more news on this item, I didn't see anywhere on the web that the gulf stream is "repaired", it forms part of the Oceanic conveyor belt that has been shown to be directly correlated to ICE AGES when it slows to a crawl .... well now this Italian physists says the gulf loop is broken .... and yup Florida and Europe are plunged into a really cold winter. Why no mainsteam news on this ? Is this real for real ???? If it is we are in big big trouble ......food shortages here we come. I so hope this is not the case.

www.care2.com...

Well, if this were true, wouldn't Florida and the other coastal states be WARMER than normal because all that warm Gulf water is remaining within the Gulf of Mexico instead of being sent up north along the east coast of the USA?

Interestingly enough I heard talk of shrimpers in north Florida complaining about seaweed blooms in the Gulf that are highly unusual this time of year, and normally only seen during the summer months when the Gulf water temps are much higher than they should be right now.

Of course, this would all logically tie together if Canada (where the cold fronts originate that come through this area) is much COLDER than normal, which would naturally result in colder cold waves affecting the Gulf coast states.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i could see that being so. it dosent take much to change things dramtically on out earth.. like lunar light for example

top topics

<< 1   >>

join