It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans slam Arizona immigration law, but how do they treat their migrants?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just so we have this in perspective, Mexico's President has just issued a travel warning for the state of Arizona because you might be asked for your identification while his own country is being accused by Amnesty International of abusing immigrants passing through his country.

The abuse is occurring at the hands of Mexican officials. They steal money, hold the immigrants for ransom and rape women.

But the evil US might ask for proof that you are legally here in this country.

Personally, I think that president Calderon needs to work on cleaning up the corruption and drug mafias in his country and let our country deal with our immigration issues.

Arizona law encourages abuse

Migrants in Mexico: Invisible Victims of Abuse

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Wildbob77]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

couple days ago I posted an old (2008) vid titled "Mexico kills its illegals"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
you should add that vid here to your story since they tie in together...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The U.S. Immigration policy allows more legal immigration than all other countries in the world.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

American policies and our corporate run government is killing our nation right now.

I tell you everytime I hear the outrage of other nations when some citizens in the US take upon themselves to enforce the law I just grind my teeth.

But when some country needs financial help the ones to look first at is the US generosity, well that same generosity is now the reason we got a migration nightmare to be play upon the tax payer in the nation.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Surely you are not suggesting that there is a double standard that undermines the presumed virtue of pro-illegal immigration are you?

US employers want illegals to be illegals because they can horribly abuse them as well as avoid paying legal workers decent wages, benefits & working conditions.

The day amnesty is granted is the very day that now legal worker is fired & the criminal employer goes out seeking a new illegal worker,

precisely because they can abuse them at every turn, & the helpless illegal can never speak out or against them.

The left's fraudulent argument that amnesty is some magic panacea is false.

It just undermines all legal working Americans of all ethnicities & genders.
It devalues you citizenship or legal worker status.
It is a disgrace for all those workers who fought, lost jobs & often died in the struggle for decent working conditions in the United States.

If all the left reflexers really want to help Mexican workers, why don't they join in the effort of striking Mexican miners to get decent working conditions,

Which would help both American workers AND Mexican workers.

Instead they want to trash the value of yours & mine's citizenship on their cheap & easy feel goodness,
just like congress wasting your tax dollars for their feel good ego trips.

If you want to trash your own citizenship for someone else trade places/citizenships with them,

Don't throw away innocent working American's citizenship rights & valuations.

But then that would be decent & honest & not just being a stupid pawn of criminal US corporations & employers, so i am sure that won't happen.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am not opposed to immigration.

This country was built on the backs of immigrants.

What I would like to see is that the immigration process be reformed.

For those people who wish to immigrate here and become citizens, follow the correct path.

I'd also like that Federal Government to recognize that some people only want to come here to work. Let's create a way for guest workers to come here when we need workers. Make sure that costs like insurance are covered so we don't bankrupt states that have high guest worker populations.

top topics

join