It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IA Lawmaker Recommends Microchipping Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Those are points I totally over looked Illusion, they have been every where for a long time now, why not get a little more personal with an out right Nazi greeting of "Papers plaease" on American soil.

Great point though!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Sounds like trying to 'bell the cat'...

But don't worry, they'll end up chipping the moUSies instead.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That was a tariffic metaphor Silo!! Kudos to you. I had to actually google the term "bell the cat" to figure out what it meant!! LOL, but now I know, very good indeed, thank you.

Funny thing about this situation is that I have heard very little mentioned about it since the original news lelecast, must have been put on the back burner already, ya think? LOL

Either way, thanks for the post and the great similarities it has, Aesop's fales, I should start reading more of those genera type of books. And for those of you that are not in the full understanding of the "Bell the cat" metaphor, read more here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The guy's an idiot, in more ways than one.

First, it's a stupid idea from a human rights point of view.

Second, implants don't work that way. I assume from the article that he thinks this will allow them to be tracked. Nope. All he's got is a sort of demented catch-and-release program. If you were to catch them again, sure, you could tell they were illegal when you scanned their implant, but wouldn't it be easier to just take them back to Mexico the first time you caught them?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Dont worry, they dont have to chip the legal citizens. Your cards are chipped, your cell phone is chipped. If you have a newer car, your car probably is too. Anyone using their actual identity and any modern conveniences is easy to locate if they want to.

In a sort of sense, I guess. Your cell phone has your SIM card in it, and it constantly announces itself to the cell tower so that the tower can handle cell handoffs. So, yeah, the cell phone allows you to be tracked any time it's on, but by design - it HAS to work that way to work. It's not a "chip" per se, in the sense I think you mean it.

Your credit cards MAY have an RFID part in, some do, some don't. In the case of credit cards, they're near-field parts and can't be "tracked". If you use the card, RFID or no, They® will know where you are immediately, that's always been a truth. Same if you use a check.

At one point, the gubmint wanted to embed a transmitter in all new cars so that they could rat you out anytime you were on the interstate, as to speed violations, whether the car had been maintained on the schedule the gubmint wanted to require, whether you had tampered with the emissions gear and so on. And incidentally, it would send its VIN so it was a pretty much done deal as to where you were. Luckily that got canned.

The latest incarnation of it is "Vehicle Infrastructure Integration", which is the same thing in drag.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by dgtempe

Dear the moron from IA is an idiot a mentally retarded one....

I'm sorry but I have to call you on this one. That is just a terrible insult to the mentally handicapped to include this [SNIP] in their ranks!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I want the illegals gone too.......chipping them does what however? Not a far stretch to see them chipping everyone. But, I do like my dog better than most people, so lets quit bad mouthing dogs on here.....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
As much as I would agree that illegale immigration is a problem and that the solution is going to be harsh and to no ones satisfaction, I would not support that action, as I believe it would violate the basic human rights. They are human, they have broken the laws of the country, but they are not animals and that should not even be used or that door opened up. If the government started to do that I may have to rethink my position.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
The guy's an idiot, in more ways than one.

First, it's a stupid idea from a human rights point of view.

There are definitely "Human rights" involved with this incident of ill thinking, and for the most part, down right degrading.

Second, implants don't work that way. I assume from the article that he thinks this will allow them to be tracked. Nope. All he's got is a sort of demented catch-and-release program. If you were to catch them again, sure, you could tell they were illegal when you scanned their implant, but wouldn't it be easier to just take them back to Mexico the first time you caught them?

essentially you are referring to some kind of "Bar-coded System" I assume? after reading your post and contemplating the benefits of such a degree of high tech. influence of an individual, the cost, to me, would out weigh the objective. repeat offender's would get thwarted in the long run, but there is someone out there that will figure out a way to over ride the program of the system eventually.
It would be exactly as you had mentioned "Catch and Release" scenario.
Some great insight, thanks for your opinion.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Dont worry, they dont have to chip the legal citizens. Your cards are chipped, your cell phone is chipped. If you have a newer car, your car probably is too. Anyone using their actual identity and any modern conveniences is easy to locate if they want to.

In a sort of sense, I guess. Your cell phone has your SIM card in it, and it constantly announces itself to the cell tower so that the tower can handle cell handoffs. So, yeah, the cell phone allows you to be tracked any time it's on, but by design - it HAS to work that way to work. It's not a "chip" per se, in the sense I think you mean it.

With cell phones and citizenship being priorities of mostly anyone and everyone in the USA, illegal or citizen, "Do you think that the Government could pass a bill behind closed doors to institute such abilities?"
I mean we can track Whales during migration by means of a tracking chip, why not humans with out their knowledge?

Your credit cards MAY have an RFID part in, some do, some don't. In the case of credit cards, they're near-field parts and can't be "tracked". If you use the card, RFID or no, They® will know where you are immediately, that's always been a truth. Same if you use a check.

This is another point that can be made about who what individuals on American soil can attain with something as simple as a mailing address or a place of residency. This loop whole really isn't the Governments fault, but they could play that card. I mean, lets face it, the Government knew how the credit-card companies were working by inflating premiums and decreasing principle to line their own pockets, it would be an avenue for illegals to be a part of American society whilst being a somewhat of a drain on financial stability but blending right in with the rest of the law abiding public. Very good explanation though, thanks.

At one point, the gubmint wanted to embed a transmitter in all new cars so that they could rat you out anytime you were on the interstate, as to speed violations, whether the car had been maintained on the schedule the gubmint wanted to require, whether you had tampered with the emissions gear and so on. And incidentally, it would send its VIN so it was a pretty much done deal as to where you were. Luckily that got canned.

The latest incarnation of it is "Vehicle Infrastructure Integration", which is the same thing in drag.

The "On-Star" idea was somewhat of a double edged sword to me. I understand the significance of the entire purpose of the innovation, but it has potential to become a wolf in sheep's clothing as well. Thing's could be being done with this innovation right now, and if it was a behind closed door's agreement?
Maybe I am getting to much conspiratorial to the cause and effect scenarios, just know that when politicians, and not just in the US start openly making statements such as "Lets Microchip the illegals" somebody is thinking somewhere, and they tend to have cronies of the like minded.

Really great explanation and Thanks again for your logical input!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by azz420

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by dgtempe

Dear the moron from IA is an idiot a mentally retarded one....

I'm sorry but I have to call you on this one. That is just a terrible insult to the mentally handicapped to include this dipsh*t in their ranks!

Sorry for the "Unintentional" insult to the handicapped azz, there could have been a better choice of words, but the good Senator is what one would call "Mentally failed person". dgtempe us a reasonable poster, and I cannot speak for this individual, but I will apologize for the simple fact I had started this thread discussion. I am "Almost Positive" it was a bad choice of explanation.
And I agree with you, he, the Senator, is definitely in the category of truly being under the header "Dipsh*t" labeling!

Thanks for your opinion and your obvious constitution to not drag down other people during a conversation, especially the handicapped...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
I want the illegals gone too.......chipping them does what however? Not a far stretch to see them chipping everyone. But, I do like my dog better than most people, so lets quit bad mouthing dogs on here.....

There are some very good people in this world that wish nothing more than to live in the US with the respect of being a citizen, even though they have not or are not the ability to do so, I have met a few and usually they are hard working respectable people, and I am sure I will get flack for that statement but it is the truth none the less. My brother in law is Arabic and has been in the US for some time now, he has just as much financial accountability to get his immigration legalized as it costs to ship another illegal out of the country. Actually that would be an alternative for illegal immigration, make it more affordable thus making it more achievable for people with Americas best at heart.

LOL...."Okay guy's, no more bad mouthing 'DOGS' either!!" And I must admit, I too like my dog more than most people, got to respect the pet!!
Thanks adifferentbreed, takes all walks of life to make the world go round, and we happen to be a like as well!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
As much as I would agree that illegale immigration is a problem and that the solution is going to be harsh and to no ones satisfaction, I would not support that action, as I believe it would violate the basic human rights. They are human, they have broken the laws of the country, but they are not animals and that should not even be used or that door opened up. If the government started to do that I may have to rethink my position.

Illegal immigration is a problem, but it seems that the people in office like making thing's a bit more costly and unbearable for the rest of us as they make their little irrational remarkd and expect no rebuttal in return.
As I had said before, illegal immigrants aren't all terrible people, but when thrown under a bus for just trying to feed your family and make something of yourself? It becomes an issue of social categorizing is totally understood by the illegals before they even get here, but to be sweat-ed as a Guinea pig for some kind of outlandish implant scheme? That would even PO me on an irate note.
I rethink myself every day my friend, just when something seems normal and orderly, "BAM!!" change of the old thinking patterns, and this may very well be the beginning of such atrocities to take place globally. The one thing that sticks in the old craw is that it would have to be a program backed up by no other than a super power and a respected country, err go the USA.

Thanks for your opinion sdcigarpig, kind of a different user name there!! LOL But I am sure it too has significance.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Seems as if teh mainstream public eye are just as concerned as I am of this initiative, whether it be a botched statement or not, it's implications are mind reeling for the ones of knowledge of these thing's being attempted before by big Government.
The citizens of the 3rd district of IA ere even appalled at what teh good Senator had to say and how he presented it, I just feel there is an under toned aggressive suggestion that really is the beginning of such events being common place, not just for illegals but for all of us in the USA.

A central Iowa woman contacted [email protected] and said, "I always feared the whole idea of a federal registry on citizens. It would start with illegals and then move on up to pedophiles and thieves, and then us common citizens are next."

"This is cruelty at the highest level", Juan Jiminez, a Tama County resident stated. "I am a legal U.S. citizen, but because I am not white, I get treated the same as those who work with me that are not [legal]. Treating a human being like a dog is not acceptible, regardless of race and regardless of nationality. Our government should be ashamed if they allow this to take place, and Bertroche should never see public office."

Many local and national news agencies reported on Bertroche's statements after they had been made public.

www.examiner.com...

For some strange and indirect reason or affiliation to being an illegal, strongly feel there was some kind of testing the waters abstract attempt to the general public.

"There goes my 'Conspiracy Thinking' once again!!LOL

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

Illegal immigration is a problem, but it seems that the people in office like making thing's a bit more costly and unbearable for the rest of us as they make their little irrational remarkd and expect no rebuttal in return.
As I had said before, illegal immigrants aren't all terrible people, but when thrown under a bus for just trying to feed your family and make something of yourself? It becomes an issue of social categorizing is totally understood by the illegals before they even get here, but to be sweat-ed as a Guinea pig for some kind of outlandish implant scheme? That would even PO me on an irate note.
I rethink myself every day my friend, just when something seems normal and orderly, "BAM!!" change of the old thinking patterns, and this may very well be the beginning of such atrocities to take place globally. The one thing that sticks in the old craw is that it would have to be a program backed up by no other than a super power and a respected country, err go the USA.

Thanks for your opinion sdcigarpig, kind of a different user name there!! LOL But I am sure it too has significance.

You are right, they are not terrible people, but they did break the law, no matter how much we choose to ignore it. We would not treat a person accused and convicted of a crime so cruely, and use of medical proceedures is strickly forbidden, as there was a case in the Supreme court to forbid such, and this is not the way to deal with illegale immigration.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923

With cell phones and citizenship being priorities of mostly anyone and everyone in the USA, illegal or citizen, "Do you think that the Government could pass a bill behind closed doors to institute such abilities?"
I mean we can track Whales during migration by means of a tracking chip, why not humans with out their knowledge?

Ah, there's a spot of confusion. It's not a "tracking chip" they put in whales. Tracking chips don't exist, not in implant form. What they put on whales, seals, birds et al are little active transmitters, with batteries in. It's not an RFID chip like, say, a Verichip implant, which by the way aren't tracking chips either.

A whale tracking transmitter is a sort of unmistakable thing. If you wake up with something like a dog shock collar on your neck, that's what that is.

The "On-Star" idea was somewhat of a double edged sword to me. I understand the significance of the entire purpose of the innovation, but it has potential to become a wolf in sheep's clothing as well. Thing's could be being done with this innovation right now, and if it was a behind closed door's agreement?

Oh, I'm quite sure OnStar can be used this way. Trust me on this.

edit ps: If your car has a Bluetooth interface for your cell phone, the sort where the car has a built in mic and speaker for a hands free phone, they can also turn that on and listen to the conversation in the car via a Bluetooth link. I can do it and don't have to bond to the car's interface. They all have "master key" code keys built into the BT boxes in the car.

I can talk to you in the car too, but it's not as useful as listening. Unless you're into pranks.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Seems as if the Government might be getting their way by slowly introducing microchip technologies into our every day lives.

Oh please, micro chipping has been more hyped by the left until this Iowa guy came along!

I guess even Iowa candidates have to go to extreme measures to get attention. Yawn.....

People can't agree to micro chip their pets! They will never agree to implant their illegals..... Won't happen!

Go on to the oil leak or Barack's infidelity! It's much more interesting!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

"Undeniably Guilty" but by what means? If I was in another country and wished to be in the USA , it isn't freely given without financial and legal costs.
I have witnessed this first hand and know without a doubt how hard it gets when trying getting legalization in the US. The goal was achieved , it should be fare to say, but it took 11 years for the end result and with some what complications with the S.S. admin. over an identity theft thing. It may not seem significant you until you have to experience it first hand.

But you are absolutely correct, they are "Guilty" of breaking the law being here illegally. Who knows, maybe all is for nil. I had taken these thoughts into consideration that had no less than broke the law at the time they had crossed a boarder knowingly committing a crime, but I guess it is worth teh risk.

The Law was broken.

sdcigarpig, you are very intuitive to the legalities it seems. But the whole chip and embedding devices on our cell phones is to personal for me, and that's no joke..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I can talk to you in the car too, but it's not as useful as listening. Unless you're into pranks.[/quotes]

And with that comes the feasibility of such occurrence of surveillance can be instituted the cloak and dagger thing being somewhat of a tangible reality?

There are some around here on the ATS that don't find the microchip idea either a nonthreatening prospect for being factual, something is happening and evolving slowly with somewhat of a 1-2 punch with the economy and people are struggling everywhere they could "Possibly" reach you by way of other electronic and wireless means? And all on our buck SOB they are everywhere!! lol

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
locate and destroy
that's the idea

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join