It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does MIA's Born Free video overstep the mark?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Rule 1: Cardio.

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I would much rather a bit of anti establishment punkness than the vapid consumer driven sexualised clap trap than dribbles forth from the narco tainted vocal chordzs of (most of) the rest today's young pop trash.

Agreed.

As a fellow red-head (well fairer, not quite the full on ginga
) i had to smile at this. Redheads get a raw deal about their colouring i know, but i just find it amusing that people can be that shallow.

I think this is more an indication of what we will be seeing in the furture, not with redheads but anyone anti-establishment.

MIA was on the Zane Lowe show on Radio 0ne yesterday, here's her song again then her explaining the track to Zane afterwards. Nothing about the video though....

Zane Lowe talks to MIA

Looking forward to the film.

CX.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i can totally see why there would be an age restriction on this video but why it has been banned all together is against freedom of speech.
it went a little far on proving the point but some times that is necessary. all thou any one can make an over 18 profile on youtube, so the reasoning could be so children will not have the ability to see the video.
even thou you can turn on the tv and see the same content. the only difference between normal TV and the M.I.A video is, the bad guys dont wear the American flag.

i havnt read every post on this thread so im not sure if this is all ready up but here is a link to the video. enjoy

vimeo.com...[/url]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is like a script straight out of South Park.

I watched it with no sound, cause I haven't got speakers at work, but it actually made me laugh!

I'll check it out at home with the sound and get back to you, as I think it'll probably have more of an impact.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

The Radio One version has been made "fit for public consumption" it seems.
No more overdrive on the vocals,damn shame IMO.Still rocking though,must have been influenced in some way by the classic "police truck"by the DKs I think.

I like overdrive.And I like Musicians who push against the system.

I must be bad...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am glad this was posted here on ATS. I wanted to post my views on Digg.com but i saved myself some time, since the majority of the folks over there are nothing but hipsters with little common sense. When the majority of the music videos in the scene today consist of girls, money, and drinks... this video comes to a surprise. I believe this video is purely directed to us, the individuals on websites like ATS and Infowars. This video clearly demonstrates our human rights being robbed from us. The only way the director could make that obvious is by using the red heads as a metaphor for individuals who do not wish to continue going down the present political current. Those who are against the system are being punished by death, plain and simple. We have seen numerous documentaries on the existence of forces beyond our control. The only reason they are beyond our control, is because our brains are not used to the idea of intellectual formation, making us drop everything into a conspiracy, yet the conspiracy continues on and takes advantage of peoples doubts. Thank you MIA.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

It is in the OP.

Thanks though.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

That is a great post. It is so true that things remain theory untill proven right but only when the truth comes out it is too late.

I hope that history will not repeat itself in the semi-peaceful world we live in but I fear the silly wars we are in now are just the start to another worldwide act of stupidity.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The music video is trying to tell you what the Illuminati is going to do.

The red heads is symbolism for the red list.

The Super Soldiers are the people who will be taking people away into fema trains after martial law

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Pocky]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join