It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you watch T.V still?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
All I watch now days is:

V
Bear Grylls
Dexter (on the internet)
FlashForward (but that's being axed now)
Spartacus: Blood & Sand
Two and a Half Men
Old English comedies such as On the Buses, George & Mildred and Dad's Army

My dad watches TV often, so I just go and see what he's watching. If it's decent I'll join him.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Sozen94]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sozen94

cool..i hear that Dexter show is about a serial killer who only kills bad guys..well, that's what one of my college residents told me..sounds kinda silly to me..is that true??

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

For purposes of zionist activities and alerts, I do keep an eye peeled. Monitoring their activities has never been simpler!

However, they are playing fast and loose with our sensibilities. Now, the movie channel, and many other channels, roll up the carpets at midnight, at times, taking money for hideous infomercials, which play until 8 AM!!! To think we pay for this! I don't know how they expect the world to sit still for their treachery. They need a new sopranos to save them, this time.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I haven't watched any kind of television or movie in something like 5 years. I only watched that stuff when I was a kid and didn't know better.

It's all propaganda and brainwashing. They need to keep increasing the budget and adding more computer effects because they can't make good films because of propaganda requirements.

For people who still do, why bother? It's a waste of time. You'll wind up corrupted form too much exposure.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Not much especially since we switched satellite providers were on the "family package" which means there is only channels aimed at little kids and some of those Christian channels. Now, I only sometimes watch the history channel or national geographic if they have something I find interesting...like the show taboo. What really bugs me about this though is that now, all my sisters watch is the Disney channel, *shivers* I really can't stand those obnoxious characters. The only reason my mother is happy about this is because she got a package that lets her see channels from her home country. On the bright side I have more time to read and teach my self something new!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I quit watching in 1974 and I have not missed it at all. What a waste of valuable time.

I hike, climb, cave, ski, go to museums, garden, read, sew, paint.... There is so much to do and see why the heck would anyone want to waste their lives working 9-5 and then spending the rest of the time glued to the boob tube?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I love this thread.

My dad never owned a TV until he met my mom. Me and my siblings had TV growing up, but absolutely no cable. So I never got into the TV thing at all. I used to despise the fact that I never had cable like everyone else. But now I really appreciate my dads efforts for making sure we weren't wasting our lives watching junk.

Video games and movies nowadays, yes. But never cable.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I dont watch nearly as much TV as I used to, but I do go on youtube all the time so I guess that evens it out. On youtube you dont have to wait for your show to come on.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I watch tv, can't live without it whether it's one of my two fave shows (US version of The Office or TNA wrestling) or just to leave Sky News on as background noise while I'm online.

A lot of tv shows suck in my view but I'm not gonna buy into the whole "it's all propaganda, don't ever watch" cause that's just me and not everything is a conspiracy to me otherwise I'd be living in a cave with no soap eating my own feces because berries are part of the Zionist agenda or whatever the tin foil hat brigade wanna think.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Suggest you look for a TV antenna, the kind that folks sold about 25 years ago. Get the largest one that will fit in
your attic so you won't have to explain it to your neighbors. align it toward the cluster of broadcast towers nearest
your home. I agree they should not expect us to pay to watch commercials.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
i mainly have it on for background noise.
every now and then a movie comes on thats pretty good.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Television shows are becoming particularly strange, but those who are hooked on tv don't seem to notice.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Perhaps you need some Family Guy, and Tosh.0 in your life. Give those two a shot. If you still feel the way you do afterwords, go see a shrink, cause it's you, not the programming.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I've never been a big TV watcher but no I rarely watch it now I tend to read books and look on the internet unless I'm visiting my mum and she records some stuff that we both find interesting to watch together.

I very rarely have the TV on in the evenings on my own.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I haven't had broadcast or cable tv for 5 years now. I have a television in my room to watch dvd's but that's it. My living room has a few couches and chairs facing each other with a coffee table and a slew of various musical instruments. I like the setup as it is good for conversation and relaxation. TV is too mind numbing for me. I would rather play my banjo...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Turning 51 in about 17 days..

and still i do not watch TV..

I think it got worse...right?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

"stupid missiles" I love it. so close to the truth.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Gave it up because it degrades the family unit, makes the male figure look weak, makes bad look good and good look bad, makes fun of morals and those who have them.

So no do not watch it anymore. Do watch old movies though.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Good for you Mr. Acts..

stay with that thought..

never could really stand it myself...

but i do love a good movie ...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don't watch much tv anymore.

It is on in the background but I am usually reading online and not even paying attention to the tv.

There are a few shows I do watch such as Dexter which is my favorite show. I am not going to like when they end it. Its the only show I watch the night it airs and its only on for about 13 episodes a season. It has been a while since I got that interested in a show.

I also like True Blood but haven't watched it due to not having HBO right now, going to get it with Netflix next month.

Recently I started watching Torchwood:Miracle day on STARZ and I actually like that show.

Ancient Aliens is another I really like. Those are shows I can watch every time and have on in the background and I always catch something new. I think it's because I read so much about these things that when I read I can put certain things together I never did before and it's nice to see these ideas in the shows and it shows me I'm not thinking crazy and that someone else thinks this as well
I dont have to watch it the night it comes on but I try, depends on the topic and if I make it that late.

I use to really like The History Channel and Discovery but they have really started to turn into every other channel with the reality shows on every single subject.
I loved the documentaries on these channels growing up. I also enjoy NATGEO, but they too have changed. The only one that still shows more documentaries than the others is History International....although it's always on Hitler, Germany or WW2 which is what got me reading about various other topics so I guess in a way it gave me new information. Although it would be nice to have other topics on there as well.

Other than those programs I do not watch it. When I watch the entertainment news it is weird to watch now for some reason. I dont I have changed a lot in my viewing pleasures over the years as I have started to read more and more and I just dont find anything interesting to watch. I have always like to watch something I can learn from but now its reality shows and dating shows or a show on anything you can think of. I just don't see why I want to waste my time watching people act like fools when I can just go outside or go out on a Friday night.

I am moving soon and I will more than likely not have tv. It's expensive and I watch about 5 channels all of which I can get their programming online or via Netflix.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join