It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Belgium Triangle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriosityStrikes
reply to post by sherpa

Indeed, most of the behaviour reported is quite odd. To figure out if it is odd for a secret project to be seen from populated areas like this it might be good to compare the location of these sightings with sightings of the previously secret projects.

Forgot to mention, nice map you found there.

Below is an extract from the NIDS report :

The trend of open deployment as described in this report is not consistent with secret operation of an advanced DoD aircraft. For example, crude examination of the (anecdotally derived) patterns of deployment of previously developed DoD stealth aircraft programs, including the F-117 and the B-2 aircraft, show that the pattern of deployment of unacknowledged F-117 and B-2 aircraft, prior to their acknowledgement by DoD, is different from the patterns for the Flying Triangles. Prior to acknowledgement of the F-117 and B-2 aircraft, only rare night time sightings occurred in the sparsely populated sections of Nevada, California and a few other states (see F-117 and B-2 in 12).

Flying at low altitude over populated areas was rarely reported for the F-117 or B-2. In contrast, the Flying Triangle deployment, especially during the 1990s, appears more consistent with the open and public operation of these aircraft. In some cases (for example see the above description of the Port Washington Triangle), the deployment may be more consistent with an attempt to display or to be noticed. There appears to be little or no attempt to hide. Hence, the cumulative recent data from several databases lead us to modify the tentative NIDS hypothesis, published in July 2003, that the Triangles are covertly deployed DoD aircraft.

While it is premature to dismiss the previously published NIDS correlation between Triangle sightings and a subset of AFBs, the apparent association with centers of population may point away from a covert program. Rather, it is consistent with routine and open deployment of an advanced aircraft.

Some of the characteristics of the reports of Flying Triangles that are inconsistent with deployment of a covert DoD aircraft include:

(1) Locations and sightings near cities and on Interstate highways (see Map 4).

(2) Low altitude in plain sight of eyewitnesses.

(3) Flying at extremely low speed or hovering in plain sight of eyewitnesses.

(4) The aircraft sometimes fly with easily noticeable bright lights. Some aircraft have blinding white lights. Others have "bright disco lights", usually flashing combinations of red, green or blue.

As stated in my last post the NIDS website is no longer accessible so HERE is a source with the majority of the data.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm from Belgium,i'm wondering what a flying triangle aircraft would be doing here.
It's a small boring place.
If it's an alien aircraft i don't know.

Or if it was the Us army,because i doubt this was one from the Belgian army,if it was from the Us what was it doing here?

Never saw it myself,too bad.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thethirdofthestorms

That's exactly what I'm thinking! They have to test it in 'a small boring place' first.

What a coincidence someone from Belgium brought it up.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join