It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Boycotts Fox News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Apple has pulled advertisments from Fox News Channel after Glenn Beck made racist statements about Obama.

A two-week old report by the Washington Post is only now gaining traction in the tech section. It appears that Apple has boycotted Fox News based on Glenn Beck and his ludicrous statements, including calling President Obama a racist and branding progressivism a "cancer." "More than 200 companies have joined a boycott of Beck's program, making it difficult for Fox to sell ads," the Washington Post reports. "The time has instead been sold to smaller firms offering such products as Kaopectate, Carbonite, 1-800-PetMeds and Goldline International. A handful of advertisers, such as Apple, have abandoned Fox altogether. Network executives say they believe they could charge higher rates if the host were more widely acceptable to advertisers." Given that Fox has the largest cable news viewership in the US, Apple's decision to boycott them was no small decision, especially with the impending launch of the iPad. Then again, Apple doesn't have a problem garnering media attention; it'll probably still penetrate a majority of the mindshare market without running a single iPad ad.

www.tuaw.com...

I don't know if this is a smart move by Apple. Fox is the highest rated news network, this could cost them a lot of revenue.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Good for Apple. I might just buy an iPad now. I admire guts and yarbles.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Obama is a racist, and progressivism is a cancer on the American Republic. Big corporations just lean left because it is good for their overall business. People should just grow up, learn the truth and stick to the facts, instead of dealing with only partisan decisions.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

HAHAHAHAHA

Oh wow

Go back to freerepublic please.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

I'm sick of the whole 2 party system. They both have the same agenda and could care less about the country as long as they're making lots and lots of $$$$

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wondering302
I don't know if this is a smart move by Apple. Fox is the highest rated news network, this could cost them a lot of revenue.

Yeah, without Fox however will Apple get the word out?

Fox is the highest rated cable news network. It is not the highest rated cable network. It is far from being the highest rated network. I think Apple will be ok.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Look, I don't think it appropriate for Apple to cast stones about racism. Oh yeah, they've got testicles all right. The same company who has sold out to the Chinese (like Google) who once had a "Think Different" compaign featuring the Dali Lama. Dude, Apple can seriously suck it. They are about as evil as it gets. Not to mention that they use sweatshop labor while they coast on super high profit margins. Apple are goons.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by justinsweatt]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Glenn beck is just making money stealing from others. Absolute scum.

Do not care one bit for his remarks, but cannot stand him. The people watching him are being fooled.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Does Apple have commercials anymore? The last one I remember seeing was some stupid dancing sillouhette.

People should be boycotting Apple. At least until they stop using slave labor and intentionally obsoleting their toxic products to landfills every 4 months. Or until they just stop marketing the selves as a company which doesn't do those things so yuppies and pop-greenies will stop falling for the scam.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

My bad, I should have specified cable network. And I don't think Apple will suffer from this, it was more of an open-ended question. Just looking for opinions

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Does Apple have commercials anymore? The last one I remember seeing was some stupid dancing sillouhette.

People should be boycotting Apple. At least until they stop using slave labor and intentionally obsoleting their toxic products to landfills every 4 months. Or until they just stop marketing the selves as a company which doesn't do those things so yuppies and pop-greenies will stop falling for the scam.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

This guy is right about this as well. "One e-reader requires the extraction of 33 pounds of minerals. That includes trace amounts of exotic metals like columbite-tantalite, often mined in war-torn regions of Africa."

DANIEL GOLEMAN and GREGORY NORRIS
---

Yup, buy books. It's easier to grow a tree and recycle old books than it is to make an iPad, iPhone, E-Reader, the whole thing. You're paying for more war in the Congo.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I rarely watch TV commercials so I have no clue if they still advertise. I would think that they do tho. Gotta love DVR's.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Hmmm, sounds like a smart descision to me, and a marketing ploy.

Increasingly, people fed up with mainstream news, get it off the internet, anyway.

Why waste time with goof balls like Glen Beck, when you can get the news without trashy commentary?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Apple has pulled advertisments from Fox News Channel after Glenn Beck made racist statements about Obama.

What racist statement did he make about Obama?

Calling one person racist isn't making a racist statement. It might make you stupid, but its not racist.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I was leaning toward the new 4G Android smart phone.

Now I guess I'll get the iphone instead.

Glen Beck is a mook!! And so is fox.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Is it Glen Beck racist for the remarks he's made about the President or are you racist by supporting despots in war torn Congo for your new iPhone? I'm not trying to troll, by the way. Just curious as to how you justify buying a product that was made probably by the murder of a young African Congo male.

The iPhone is the new Blood Diamond.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Hmmm, sounds like a smart descision to me, and a marketing ploy.

Increasingly, people fed up with mainstream news, get it off the internet, anyway.

Why waste time with goof balls like Glen Beck, when you can get the news without trashy commentary?

No it dosent.
They should sell PCs and the like and stuff the rest. They may well end up hurting stock holders over this dumb sort of crap that has little to do with bizzness. Why? cuzz before now anyone would by their product but now with foot in mouth that may not be the case.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

How about the shoes on your feet? The clothes on your back?

Just about any type of mass produced product has this sort of history.

I'm not saying that supporting Apple is correct in anyway, but they most certainly are not the only company that needs to be scrutinized for using cheap labor!

You'd be naked, and homeless for the products that have such labor attatched to them.

Get to the matter of all companies that do this, and see what I mean.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I don't agree. Corporations, just like the general public, are allowed their opinions, especially when they are paying for an advertising spot, on a show such as Glen Beck.

They are displeased by the comments by this fellow, and have excersized their right to express it so, by removing their ads.

What, you want them to endorse something they find offensive?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

It's easy. One, I buy canvas, non corporate, non sweatshop labor made shoes. It's easy. Buy Tom's or New Balance. New Balance actually pays their employees 10 to 15$ an hour and gives them health insurance.

I buy thrift store clothes, I don't buy new clothes.

It's easy, don't buy mass produced product in this day and age. Also, let's also look at a time in this country when people were paid a living wage, had benefits, and a good job in factories all over this country not more than 30 to 40 years ago.

I'm not picking on you but you can actually do research and buy products that are made without any involvement in sweatshop labor. It's quite easy now that we have the internet. It's a misconception that you'd be homeless and naked if you didn't use slave labor.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join