It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accenture gets $10 Billion contract to track visitors to U.S.A

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
link

All in the name of combating terrorism

When will Americans wake up and smell the S**TE.When this is implomented the rest will follow.
Sorry link not working happens every time with this site.So hears this info

Consulting firm gets $10 billion contract to track visiters but critics take aim at its offshore HQ and privacy concerns.

In an effort to make U.S Borders safe the federal Homeland security department yesterday awarded a contract to an information technology consulting company to create "virtual borders" that will identify potential enemies trying to enter the country.the contract has been criticised because it has gone to an offshore compan.Accenture foreign headquarters are based in bermuda.Homeland officials defended their decision, saying Accenture has about 25000 employees in the U.S and only a few in Bermuda.Accenture competed against Lockhead martin Corp and computor sciences Corp.
Beginning this fall,Accenture `s system is to capture biometric data at 211 visa issueing centres overseas

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by weirdo]

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I read the article too and I was happy to here it. If you visit the U.S. we have every right to know where you are at al times, after all unless your a U.S. citizen your NOT protected by the constitution.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So we're not entitled to any privacy at all? Is that right? Am i hearing you right? No privacy, No personal freedom, always being watched, always having big brother watching me taking my biometric details...such as my ifngerprints, tissue samples, retina information.

Hey i know swearing aint really nice and isn't regarded kindly on this site.... but i got a few words for ya. Thats Total #ing bull# and i dont like that #ing attitude.

Hey why not put a camera in every single room inthe country, with video recording, sound capturing, and even a device that is able to capture your DNa through just you breathing.

I mean hell...why not crack down on school kids? They like to carry guns and open fire on class mates, bring weapons to school, sell drugs, etc. Why not just classify them as terrorists? Hell and their even American. Why not follow them. you gotta follow the tourists. What a load of BS.

The true terrorists can get around this anyways.... Withdraw cash from a bank, then pay cash eveywhere you go. Hah

The funny thing about this is...It's all total BULL#, this terrorist propaganda. It's all to do with making the US, and it's allies, and the rest of the world...SCARED.. Why? So they can do whatever they want for the sake of "Protecting us". Creating a safe, secure society. It can never work. Just look at computers....Hackers, Virus', etc

Hell something like the second best hacker inthe world got his computer hacked by the FBI and then taken into custody afterwards. He didn't know his computer was getting hacked. And Hackers, as you may or may not know.... Make god damn well sure as much as possible, take every precaution to make sure they are secure, cant be found, cant be hacked into, that noone can get into their machines. He didn't even KNOW the FBI was snooping around in their.

Where there is a will ther is a way. Nothing can stop terrorists, terrorism. They all know this. But they go forth to destroy it, quell it, and will take all your freedom & privacy away to do it.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If your referring to the Hacker case in the U.K. he never said his computer WAS hacked he simply stated that there was no way to prove it wasn't and proceeded to show how someone could have. Secondly if you are not a U.S. citizen your rights are not protected by the constitution but by whatever treaties we may have with your country of citizenship thats a basic fact. As far as watching tourists and tracking them its up to the american legislture whether or not we do that and no you have no right to refuse. Your only choices are to accept or to not visit America. Americans make the American laws and if you dont like it then don't put yourself under American jurisdiction.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
People from Western backrounds especially Americans at the momment are a target where ever they go.If you make it difficult to attack in your country they will explore vunrabillities elsewhere.9/11 was so succesful because it was made so easy.Security Services didn`t act on info available and a total disreguard for Security on Airlines,especially when Aircraft have been attacked previously in other countries.Americans should be guarding there most vunerable areas such as it`s citiziens in holiday resorts such as the Caribean were there is a severe lack of Security.The security that already is in place when entering America would deter a terrorist, it is incompeteance and foulish to ignore your weakness.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
People from Western backrounds especially Americans at the momment are a target where ever they go.If you make it difficult to attack in your country they will explore vunrabillities elsewhere.9/11 was so succesful because it was made so easy.

Yes, do a bit of research and you'll see why it was so easy.....
It has been discussed in threads elsewhere.

These sorts of private dealings are important but often go ignored by the general public (although a lot of important issues seem to be currrently ignored). In fact, they seem to be rarely covered in the media at all.

One question, if this company happens to be based in Bermuda, will the deal be met under US or Bermuda law? Does it make a difference? I'm interested in improving my knowledge of this legal area.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by HobNob]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hey why not put a camera in every single room inthe country, with video recording, sound capturing, and even a device that is able to capture your DNa through just you breathing.

Don't worry, these will come in due time. Hell they used to monitor phone conversation. Now with these new camera phone they can also monitor the images you're sendings. And trust me they are monitored, just do a bit on research and you'll see. I don't know about this but... did anyone ever wonder if it was possible to hack them and take picture even when the user is not using the phone?

The sheeps followed the masses into that big house where the party seemed to be. Only to realise at the very end of the entrance hall that the house was actually a butchery, therefore getting their throat slashed. Even though it was written all over the godamn place that it was a butchery. That's what you get by not looking at the signs lol

[edit on 10-6-2004 by Osiriss]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
HOBNOB

All l know is that it will be classed as an offshore company which excludes it from U.S. tax laws.

new topics

top topics

join