It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what is in a name?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Mine is a character from the Silmarillion (J.R.R. Tolkien) - I changed the spelling a bit. :-)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I usually use a different name than the one I've chosen here. It seems my usual forum name has already been taken here so I can only assume that at least one other person here likes Robert Anton Wilson.

As for this one, well, I'm a Satanist in the LaVeyan tradition and I particularly like Walter Huston's portrayal of the devil in The Devil and Daniel Webster (1941).

[edit on 7-5-2010 by misterscratch]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

flippin awesome a girl that loves 5.0 mustangs and remembers the cubic inches of the engine u deserve a star and flag jus for that

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This username is about seven years old.
Sheikhylian
->Sheik Hylian
-> Sheik (or Zelda) from the game Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time
+
Hylian is a race in the Zelda series...
I don't remember exactly why I used these two words but I could say that I used it because Sheik/Zelda possesses the power of wisdom so I use this name to kind of seize the knowledge.
I am a guy. The character Sheik is a man while Zelda is a woman even though they are the same person, some people would complain that Sheik is a woman because Sheik is Zelda but anyway...the question would be: what sex are you if you have no physical body? I suppose everything is in the mind.

Well, that was the story of my username...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I was still in hospital for a few days after I was born, my grandma called me Sandri and from then on it remained my name (although my official first name is Alexandra).
And I was born in 1990.
Hence --> sandri_90

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Mines tells you what i am.
The only reason it has a 2 at the end is becuase i had a previous account here at ATS but forgot my details so i had to make another one haha
The original as you might have guessed was " Free4Ever"
It actually came from a time i spent down the beach with a bunch of my friends and i had spray painted on a big rock " Free 4 Ever" and a photo was taken of us all sitting infront of it! I now even have it tattood across my belly

Free4Ever

(edit) actually ill post my picture up here aswell

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Free4Ever2]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5219b67181a.jpg[/atsimg]

Thats me on the very left, then from left to right its Louise, Chris, Graeme ( who sadly recently took his own life R.I.P Grum) and Chelsea. As you can see its an amazing picture which i feel described our feelings that day
so yeah thats where my name came from
thanks

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

aw yeah thats a nice pic, looks like nice memories, sorry to hear about your friend.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Thank You
very kind of you to say
Was an amazing day for us, one for the history books i may say

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

I`m sorry to hear about your friend too. For a reason, when I saw the picture I looked straight at him thinking it was you.

[edit on 28/5/10 by sandri_90]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hi anon72..great story how you got your name...
Me I went to Wikipedia and pressed the random article got defunct..then again for pyewacket it seemed rather apt and right to do this.
I have always had a problem with 'nicknames'..well making your own anyway..usually they are given to you.
Well that's my '2 pence' worth enjoy your day...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sandri_90

Thank you my friend

Strangely enough we were very similar in our thoughts and understandings. We often sat and had indepth talks regarding goings on in the world. Miss the guy soo much tbh. Another good soldier down as they say. But hes happy now

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I'm not sure where my name comes from. I just remember looking at this site and thinking to myself 'topics here come fast and hard, better not blink or i might miss something'

not really profound or anything but I think it fits me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thank you all for contributing and sharing your info.

Each one is very interesting to me.

I find it intesting how we all came to meet at this place (ATS) and a little snapshot of the individual-makes it a little more personal.

Have a GREAT Memorial Day weekend (here in the US) and a regular weekend for anyone else.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

FWIW, I have adopted a name that ties into the real Philadelphia Experiment, not the goofed up stuff about the Cannon Class DDE, U.S.S. Eldridge. My mother ran a carpool out of the Philadelphia Navy Yard. She had an extra, wartime (part time) job, working for the Commandant, Adm. Greene, rounding up society babes to christen new ships being launched. Her carpools were made up of young naval officers who were assigned to new construction. One afternoon, a freshly minted Annapolis grad. broke up in the back seat, to his fellow grad, about walking down a quay, and passing an invisible ship floating in the Delaware River. He described the big hole in the muddy waters, right down to the rivet heads imprinted by the far side of the hull, pressing out against the Delaware. Cannon class ships were pre fabbed and welded together. The real ship which was cloaked, was a much older, riveted hull, design. Engineers and officers, accompany new construction, all the way through the process of building, launching, sea trials, commissioning, and putting to sea, for combat. So the Eldridge has always been a false trail, but my mother's account is dead on. So this is a third person account of the real incident. There's another page to the hugger-muggery of the published disinfo accounts. My dad was stationed at Fort Dix, and manned AA guns, guarding the Yard. He was stuck in the freezing weather through the christmas / new year 1943, holidays, looking for "some kind of aircraft". The Brass couldn't say what kind, but freeze they did. Later in Jan., after new years, the Brass relaxed, and My dad wrote his buddies three day passes, and they decamped South to see if there were still some partying going on down at Cape May, N.J.. Getting there, they found no one partying, but everyone patching up broken windows, ect.. All the clocks had frozen at 4:30PM that Friday. Driving their souped up Army truck, back up the Jersey Coast to Fort Dix, they noted the change in direction of the broken windows, and sneaking into the map room at their base, triangulated the explosion, to a point thirty miles due East of Cape May, N.J.. This was way too big for even an ammo ship blowing up. This monster explosion was nothing less than an Atom Bomb. My guess is that Churchill got a barge with a nuclear pile onboard, in order to wipe out the German Sub Pens on the French Coast, and someone or something decided that wasn't going to be allowed to happen. So this is a second hand account, but of the other side of the story. The really spooky thing is the connection to the "some kind of aircraft"worry, that went away at the time of the explosion, the back story of Project Rainbow, that some kind of space ship had blown up. My donation is finally decoding the Nostradamus prophecy of a scourge never before seen by man, occuring "near the harbor", (off the estuary of the Delaware), and in two cities, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, Japan, causing the Japanese survivors to call out to the great God and the Saints. Successfully decrypting this quatrain, and a couple of other WWII, ones, showed me that I had the inside track when I started to decode the Nostradamus Centuries, back in Nov. 1985. So by claiming title to this successful decoding, I'm a first hand account, of this third leg of the puzzle. The Gov't would've pulled out all the stops to keep the secrets of the Manhattan Project, in 1943, and a catastrophic explosion of a nuclear pile, on a barge, would have generated many of the same casualaties, as were reported in the Eldridge accounts. Add in the real cloaked ship to the radiation burns from the great Cape May explosion, right at sea level, on anyone on a nearby ship, and the disinfo campaign becomes understandable. So my handle of Carpooler is anything but innocent.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I’m not sure if this thread is considered dead yet, but I’m going to post mine anyways.
One day at work a customer came in and was standing around talking to who ever would listen to him, one of my co-workers made the mistake of agreeing with something that he said, and it set him off on a tangent about the New World Order. The first thing that popped into my head was a website I had stumbled across a few years back about the Denver airport and the N W O, after the customer had left, I started telling my co-worker about this site and how I was half believing what was on there until I read something like “90% of all child abductions are done by the government to feed the Reptilians that live in the underground city under the airport.” That set both of us off on annoying everyone we work with and our girlfriends finding whatever info we could on Reptilians. Well a Google search brought up an ATS thread and I ended up sticking around, and my user name is a tip of the hat to what brought me here.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
How members come to choose their name is (for me) quite interesting.

Some pick a name associated with their real RL name. Others, pick a name from a favourite fictional character. Others want to make a point (political or other) so will have a reference to a politician or political allegiance.

Others are religious, so in their name will have religious connotations. Other members pick a name out of whimsy, just for a bit of fun. Others want people to know what they're really into, so will have UFO or Paranormal references.

IMO controversial names are indicative of members that have joined up as a response to a specific issue they feel strongly about. They usually don't want to be part of the wider community in general, and just want to raise some hell before leaving or getting banned.

Me, well I grew up in NZ hence the kiwi, and my nick name is Footy (sometimes just Foot), so kiwifoot, simple!!

But you CAN tell a lot of a member by their name.

I personally like the names that don't offend, are religiously and politically neutral, just makes the whole thing run smoother, but that's just my opinion.

Nice thread mate, kiwi

[edit on 16-6-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
My name reminds me of an unfortunate event that happend to me when i was about 7 years old. We went to visit my Aunt on the Farm in a remote farming location. Safety is a key priority and all farmers use Deadly Rabid dogs to protect their holdings.Anyway i was there for a couple of weeks. Really comfy but always frightened of the 3 huge ridge back dogs.

That morning my Aunt was watering the garden and i strolled outside and wondered beside her. I tripped over the hose pipe and fell. I stood up laughing happily and as i returned to the house one of the dogs gripped my flesh. *my rear area to be exact*.. He gnawed at it angrily. The dog thought i was attacking his owner.. So on the one side was my mom and Gran tugging on my arms and on the other side a dog firmly gripped into my flesh.. Eventually the dog let go.. That was my horrid event. Took months to heal.. Luckily i didn't get rabies.Today its just a scar.

Now thats Deep.
DoGBiTe

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I chose this name because I enjoy watching Romantic comedy and as well I'm a rebel without a cause.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cLOUDDEAD

Strangest song i've ever heard dude. Interesting Username choice lol.
It must have impacted your life in some way or another. or a memory.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join