It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what is in a name?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

my screenname was chosen to fulfill several purposes:

remind folks that we Apache are still here.

warn folk that I am a different breed of critter.

a simple declaration of fact.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
lol what do I need to say more ???

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Welcome Dumbass!!! Simple enough name. Have fun here at ATS. I'll be looking for your name.
)

Be sure to flag this thread Dumbass-to draw attention to it. I would like more to see everyones.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Hey apacheman, I like it. See you around the forums.

Looking forward to your input.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
My town was blacked out due to a storm not long before I registered here...So when coming up with a name...for whatever reason, that popped into my head lol

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
lol what do I need to say more ???

Genius!

Dumbass

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, I can say that mine come from a short story I wrote along time ago about a man who goes to hell to confront a Black Dragon named Golithion. Bad story, in fact it was a really bloody one at that. Man I had some problems back then. Hopefully my writings have improved since then, but we shall see.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Mine comes from the main character in "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson, although I think in the book (been a while since I read it) it's spelled Hiro. Great book, great author.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Mine comes from good ole Wolfgang Amadeus...whose full name was

Johannes Christostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus (=Amadeus) Sigismundus Mozardt.

Kind of a big name for a guy who never grew taller than 4'11" !!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My name comes from the name of my boat..... a 48' Grand Banks. When I chose it as my ATS monniker I was unaware that it was a combination of the previous owners daughters' names "Karen" and Camilla". Ho hum.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I picked Tuatha as I love celtic mythology. Tuatha DeDanann are a race of ancient godlike people who reportedly arrived in Ireland on a cloud (which has led some to believe that they were infact aliens), the Tuatha DeDanann were very skilled in art, science. poetry and magic and settled in Ireland before the arrival of the Milesians.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Back in my early days, I was trying to cultivate "SubVolitional" as an online name. Since I am interested in Subconscous Manipulatons (as a means to learn and defend against such...) it seemed natural.

But when I registered here with that name, I messed up the password or something and the account was lost (I was an internet no0b at the time).

So I pondered for a few minutes and came up with MemoryShock...as a means to remind myself that physical shock can impact the memory of an experience.

I haven't used anything else since...and my name was stolen...
(MemoryShock.com is not me and was created about a year and change ago...)

By the way...there are a few BTS threads on this topic. This is the third time I have told the story...

No worries though...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
mine is quite boring really.... I've always been told my brain is crammed full of rubbish hence = Thoughts Full of Junk, which simply translates to Thoughtsfull for this site as I have no room for anything else up top

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hi there

my name is a long standing and one that I often use in forums since the mid 90's.

I hope it says; I am calm and non aggressive in debate but no push over. As in a velvet glove.

Nice thread!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I can be a little devilish in a silly playful way sometimes, so I remembered the "Diabolus In Musica" Slayer album. Add that to my Chinese Zodiac, year of the fire dragon and you get my screen name.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
These are all great. Please keep them coming. I know I am sure enjoying this.

And thanks for the older members coming in also. Nice to see.

I am thinking maybe there should be a little box in the original intro section as to why you choose your name (voluntary of course).

Really nice to see what is behind the name.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have a boring screen name, but to sum it up, I read on here MUCH MORE than I participate in threads. I am always soaking up everything, but not contributing unless I have something with meaning to say.

It's how I've been on here for the last couple of years, and did read on here quite a bit before I even bothered to create a screen name.

I was shocked it wasn't already taken when I registered, but it stuck and I only use it here.

A_L

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
My Profession : Holistic Therapist

;0

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
No real thought to mine

I am a Cavalry Scout in the Army hence the cavscout
1st Squadron 1st Cavlary Regiment (1-1 CAV) was my unit for a long time and the unit I deployed with numerous times.

so cavscout11cav came of that

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

Thank you for your service Sir. Must appreciated and I am glad to see you in here. Looking forward to your views on the wars etc-if you can share.

Note: to everyone, please remember to flag this thead to keep it active and alive on the boards. I would love to see every active member tell their little story.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join