It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom, Tea Party style

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by samhouston1886
reply to post by Janky Red

I meant no offense, also I said "almost as full of it".

No offense,

Your candidness is a breath of fresh air

You took the time to take a photo with Paul and still have the fortitude to criticize
TPTM which his supporters started (before it became a marketing macheen)
because you disagree.

off topic...
You you are the first and only person I friended after reading one post (a while back)
I recall doing so because the honesty and independence in your post motivated me to do so regardless of our different affiliations. For once I was right, but it was all your doing.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by samhouston1886

Like I said a few posts ago, I was right there with everyone who was angry at Bush and what the Democrat controlled Congress was doing during both his terms in office. No one wanted to listen. Now I'm here with everyone who is angry at what Obama and the Democrat controlled Congress are doing. No one wants to listen.

The thing is Jenna, from my perspective, it appears to be an extention of the election campaigns. It appears Partisan in nature, the street level rhetoric even sounds like GOP red meat stump speeches. Really all I hear is platitude and imdenmnity speak abound...

here is the keynote speech text for TTPM (portion)

I’m so proud to be an American. Thank you so much for being here tonight.

Do you love your freedom? If you love your freedom, thank the vets. Any of you here serving in uniform, past or present, raise your hand. We’re going to thank you for our freedom. God bless you guys! We salute you! We honor you! Thank you! I am so proud to be American! Thank you!

Happy Birthday, Ronald Reagan

Well, a special hello to the C-SPAN viewers. You may not be welcome in those health care negotiations, but you have an invitation to the Tea Party.

Very good to be here in Tennessee, the Volunteer State. It’s the home of good country music and good southern barbeque, and…Great to be at the Tea Party Convention. I guess down here, that’s some southern sweet tea. And you know, up in Alaska, we have a smaller version of Tea Party up there, and we call it ice tea. And I am a big supporter of this movement. I believe in this movement. Got lot’s of friends and family in the lower forty-eight who attend these events, and across this country, just knowing that this is the movement and that America is ready for another revolution, and you are a part of this.

I look forward to attending more Tea Party events in the near future. It is just so inspiring to see real people. Not politicos. Not inside-the-beltway professionals. Come out and stand up and speak out for common sense conservative principles.

And today, I want to start off with a special shout out to America’s newest senator. Thanks to you, Scott Brown.

Now, in many ways, Scott Brown represents what this beautiful movement is all about. You know, he was just a guy with a truck and a passion to serve our country.

themoderatevoice.com...

I know you can't control it, but this is a freaking joke Jenna, why didn't this person get tomatoes in the face???

Americas awesome

Do you like guns, I sure do

Your churches are cool, I go to church all the time

Go JESUS

Anyways, Americans love freedom, the other guys hate freedom...

Sweet tea, Trucks, Ronald Reagan, BBQ,

the rest is no better, it gets "worse", almost a parody of itself-

is this what its about?

Politicians kissing peoples butts?

If not, why in the hell do they allow this?

and why do I feel like I am listening to W and his rhetoric half of the time?

anyways this is what I deal with in my brain, if people want to be taken seriously they have to throw the clowns out + stop talking like the GOP

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Janky Red]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Never did I say I would not listen to reason, as a matter a fact what you propose is the very definition of insanity.

You cant do the the same thing (elect neocons) and expect a different result (better conditions for Americans).

More people like President Obama and what he has done than ever liked Bush, we are ready to work for a better America while the TPM whines and makes scenes about things they would have accepted if a Republican were in the White house.

They worry about Health care debt for the poor but think nothing of sending our troops into war so that their Raytheon and Haliburton stocks rise in value.

I like Ron Paul criticize the President where I don't agree with him while the Tea Party wants his blood and talk behind the scenes of "what ever it takes".

Guess what, its not the end of the world and things are getting better.
We give the wheel to the Neocon Tea Party and they are going to drive this country off of a cliff.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You know what that punk deserved to get kicked out for not standing up for free speech! Free speech zones means there are also non free speech zones. Why did he comply? I would have told that idiot to shove his free speech zone. Do us all a favor if you're going to act like a patriot and go out and do something like this at least have the cajones to stand your ground or don't waste your time showing what a wuss you are. This kind of thing makes me really angry so if your going to do it don't tuck tail as soon as you're threatened!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I agree with you, if it was public property he should have stood his ground.

Calling him a fascist just made him feel powerful, a warrior for the Neocon Tea Party.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Thank you for the kind words, it is good to hear from someone who does not form opinions off of soundbites.

I want to work with my Government to make things better, not create a vehicle for violence or division.

I started to respect the man because he has held it together for 2 years in a time great challenges.

Its time for these people to search within themselves and analyze how their complicity caused this and why they should respect a man who for all purposes is trying to make things better for everyone.

Sure there is still corruption in Government but under this administration questions are being asked, people are being subpoenaed and I see the potential for change.

They should boo those neocons of of the stage, learn the truth and back up good Congressional Representation from people like Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Alan Greyson and others who speak up.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I'm fully aware of all the anger towards Bush because I was one of the people who was angry about his policies. I was called anti-American, conservative, ignorant, liberal nutjob, left-wing nut, stupid, etc. etc. for not approving of everything (or anything really) that he did or wanted to do.

I am afraid I must call you out on that one. I was around then and you were a TOTAL Bush supporter. We crossed paths on NUMEROUS occasions and you faithfully towed the party line.

I mean look at all of your sources in this very thread. Brent Bozell, MRC and NewsBusters (all related) is part and parcel of the extreme neocon smear machine. I'm sure I could dig up some old posts. Nice attempt to rewrite history but you are in the No Fly Zone with that one.

Hat tip to OP. S&F. I'd like to link to your thread if you don't mind. I'm doing a similar
expose on rampant TPM racism and bigotry here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice thread!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Really, Kinda? You have to resort to lying about me now? That's rather pathetic and completely unexpected from you. I thought you were better than that.

For the record, the source I used was the first I found that had all those examples in one convenient place so I didn't have to search all over the internet for videos. I don't really care much about the websites themselves, and that's the first time I've ever gone to them, it was the videos that I was referencing. The website they're posted on has no influence on what those "reporters" said while discussing the tea parties and the videos speak for themselves.

EDIT: Here, I went back and found some examples of my opinions on Bush for you so you won't have to make anything else up.

The world vote

top topics

<< 1   >>

join