It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Warns Of Israel-Lebanon War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Egypt Warns Of Israel-Lebanon War

www.jpost.com

Egypt has issued a stark warning of a summer war between Israel and Lebanon.

Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Abdul Gheit passed on messages to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and representatives of the other permanent UN Security Council members, warning that the current Israel-Lebanon tensions could deteriorate into an armed conflict, Israel Radio reported on Tuesday.

Related news:
www.ynetnews.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Egypt joins with Jordania giving straight warnings from coming war in ME. What is very interesting is that in June Lebanon will take presidency of UN Security Council, and that means end to Iran pressure and UN will be totally out of order if/when Israel-Lebanon war begins.

Syria has gave its security guarantees to Lebanon and great alliances has been made with Turkey-Syria-Iran-Lebanon and latest in the group has been Egypt, witch just gave promises to Lebanon to stand by them in any coming situation.

Lebanon is ready for war with Israel

www.albawaba.com...

Someones keeps talking about "peace plan" - yeah, right! After policy what Israel has done whole beginning of this year against palestinians and their neigbors - I would think like main palestinian negotiator said just two weeks ago in public - "negotiations are in dead end"... I dont believe that US crap about any peace plan at all. No matter what Abbas does, he has no real power anymore.

Latest Arab Leaque statement was that peace deel will not get pass in council - and they will give that statement in weeks. After that there is only one option to achive Palestine - by force and war.

Is Israel running out of time - will they continue to make a national suicide and are they ready to give ultimate sacrifice once again, or turn their policy before its too late?

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
lol, well, that should be like a 2 day war right? nothing to worry about

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

Yeah 2 days war...except last time it took 30 days and they didn't even make it to Beirut...and now they would have to fight Syria too and maybe even Turkey/Iran/Egypt...

IMO unless Israel uses the big guns, aka nukes and/or massive salvos of conventional missiles, this won't be over for at least 2-3 weeks...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well unless we get blind sided with an attack on another front.. i.e North Korea, it seems fairly sure that something will kick off soon in the ME..

Tho I have a feeling it will be something along the lines of an Israeli plane being fired on.. as the fearmonging increases I am sure the nerves of those on the ground will start to get frayed and mistakes will happen that will lead us down the path of more death and destruction.

I really hope some sense can come to the region... that is before it all gets nasty.. At least it appears with these warnings that neither Jordan or Egypt want another war, which is good..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

You don't know what you are talking about and this story is just that, a story. Not forgetting the FACT Turkey is a member of NATO and the G20. FAIL

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

You don't know what you are talking about and this story is just that, a story. Not forgetting the FACT Turkey is a member of NATO and the G20. FAIL

Exactly and while Erdogan may be flirting with muslim neighbours, the Turkish military is still the strongest institution and as far as i know an ally of Israel [and of course NATO member and the important buffer between Europe and middle earth]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

At least 4 nations I can think of offhand have just fallen under the Russian sphere of influence.

Battle lines are being drawn all over the world. The middle east is merely one of many places.

North Korea. Venezuela. China and Taiwan. How many places can the US exert itself at once. How many brushfires can it stamp out before it becomes overstretched?

Turkey is currently sitting on the fence, but they seem to be leaning toward.... well I don't know what to call it. Some sort of under the table defence pact. Mutual self interest perhaps. Perhaps something more.

There is a counter to NATO forming before our eyes in Asia and Latin America and the Middle East, and Eastern Europe.

I think it's time people tried to cast off the illusion that all is well. There are a myriad of issues effecting international relations. There isn't a consensus.

They can't cooperate on climate change, that failed. Banking reform has failed. It's a long list of collective failures from this so called international cooperation.

War is inevitable. It always has been and it probably always will be.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia, Syria stress need to face Israel

Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) reported that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad met with Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah al-Saud, the political advisor of Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz, on Tuesday. The meeting stressed Damascus and Riyadh’s need to face the ongoing Israeli threats in the Middle East.

Interesting...

Israeli official: Netanyahu to meet Mubarak on Monday
Either Mubarak will play his puppet role, divulging possible war plans Syria-Lebanon-Saudi Arabia-Iran have against Israel.... or ask Netanyahu... So...what deal are you offering me to stay on your side?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Maybe you should update your ME knowledge. Region has been under great changes after Gaza war, Turkey has slip to Russian cooperation and they have cut ties with Israel in all military levels, but started those with Syria.

Turkey has been under great threat of military coup a year now and that has pushed great changes in politics. BTW - When last week US was training with Georgia in Black Sea - Turkey was training with Russian same time.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Is there ever a point in time when JanusFIN isn't obsessing over the State of Israel? Silly question. Probably not.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have posted at the link below giving the Bibles perspective for those interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't worry. God is in control.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
More warnings...

Time running out for ME peace: UN

A senior UN diplomat says neither Palestinians nor Israel has 'the luxury of time', warning it could get too late to establish a Palestinian state.

"I'm afraid the two-state solution is fading if the parties still think they have the luxury of time," Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process Robert Serry said at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem (al-Quds) on Tuesday.

The UN official said that 70 percent of Israelis and 55 percent of Palestinians support the two-state solution, denoting an increasing air of pessimism on the Palestinian side.

Meanwhile, Serry warned Israel of flaring tensions with Arab states who "see the land for a Palestinian state being eaten away by facts on the ground.

www.presstv.com...

UN Official says what Ive been saying too - Arab League is not likely promising their support for ME peace plan, witch has been burried under Israeli politics, and seems like all of the neigboring states are turning against possibility to solve these problems out by negotiations anymore.

Lack of trust and diplomacy is great concern in region.

Arab League may reject U.S. proposal for peace talks

www.haaretz.com...

Talking about two years is very optimistic. Arab countries are giving their statements just in two weeks, and outcome of that summit is about to give long time policy to the region. If Arabs will rule out further negotiations, like its already hinted - and just gives Israel ultimatum to change their policies, ME war is much more closer than two years - Lebanon "summer war" is likely in our hands very soon.

US/Israel doesnt show any sign of taking steps back under this pressure:

"Gates, Barak: Syria providing Hezbollah with missiles"

www.ynetnews.com...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
War of Words continues every day...

Hezbollah vows to continue arming itself

"There is a big difference between arms which only serve invasions, occupations and aggressions, such as those of the United States and its ally Israel ... and the arms of a resistance which defends, protects, and liberates," Fadlallah said.

www.earthtimes.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This next middle east war will be the bloodiest yet, and the most exaggerated by the press. It will drag the US into the mess whether they want it or not. I just hope it won't become the spark of a greater quagmire.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Think about this - If Turkey vetoes Israels OECD membership next week and Arab nations wont back up further peace negotiations in next summit - Iran sanctions wont move any futher in UN like Israel has demanded and USA has planned in UN Security Council (BTW - giving presidency of UNSC to Lebanon in coming June!) ... - And same time Turkish / International aid fleet is closing Gaza port in beginning of may - WOW!!!

We have very dangerous political situation growing in ME in just few weeks!

All neighbors of Israel has given recently their backing for Lebanon and Syria, only Jordania still havent. But in the light of Gaza War lessons, I excpect that Jordania will join others Arab nations very soon and they will give their statement and warning to Israel in coming weeks.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I think that the flare up for a wider conflict in the middle east will start from Lebanon. This time though, Hezbollah will not be treated as a parallel state within the state of Lebanon. Instead, the Lebanese government, the army and the Hezbollah will be treated on the same level. This is a statement that has been repeated by many Israeli leaders in the recent past. Not just Lebanon, even Syria has been warned of consequences by Israel in the event of another conflict with Hezbollah.

Hezbollah, Syria and Iran are confident that they will be able to pull "they called for ceasefire hence we win" kind of scenario this time. However, the wild card here is the kind of weapons Israel might use to win.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The political situation in middle east has always been simmering with tension. However, this time around, the situation looks more explosive than ever before. Now that Turkey has apparently switched sides to ally with Iran, every potential warring faction is waiting for the first shot to be fired.

Now I don't know about the reliability of the statistics claiming that Hezbollah has more than 45000 short and medium range rockets aimed at Israel. But if this figure is even approximately close, then doesn't this situation on Lebanon-Israel border resembles that of the North and South Korea? After all, whenever we talk about the potential war on the Korean peninsula, the first thing that everyone talks about are the numerous artillery pieces that North Korea has aimed at Seoul and how this artillery barrage could flatten Seoul in a very short period of time.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

LOL??? I am glad your life is easy, where u can laugh at other peoples demise....... 2 day war? Ur so cool!!! The internet is so easy!!! talk like that in a real life public domain, you internet scag....... I dare u to front me and talk like that!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH the beauty of the on screen safe at home forum..... lol

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Debka intent on playing up a summer war, except blaming Hizbollah/Iran.

Iran, Syria, Hizballah gear up to provoke summer war

US defense secretary Robert Gates said Tuesday night, April 27: "Hizballah has far more rockets and missile than most governments in the world." He and Israeli defense minister Ehud Barak were talking to reporters after their talks in the Pentagon. Military sources did not see his as high commendation for Barak's achievements as defense minister. All he had to contribute on this occasion was: "We do not intend to provoke any kind of major collision in Lebanon or with Syria, but are watching closely these developments."
Gates went on to accuse Syria and Iran of "providing Hizballah with rockets of ever-increasing capability," adding, "This is obviously destabilizing for the whole region and we're watching it very carefully.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by JacKatMtn]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join