It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand​ Donates​ 50,000​ Bottles​ of​ Whitening​ Skin​ Cream​ To​ Haiti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

BANGKOK​ –​ Responding​ to​ international​ criticism​ that​ its​ initial​ donation​ of​ $20,000​ was​ insufficient,​ the​ Thai​ government​ has​ generously​ added​ 50,000​ bottles​ of​ whitening​ skin​ cream​ to​ its​ aid​ shipment​ to​ earthquake-stricken​ Haiti.​ “Thailand​ is​ a​ compassionate​ nation,”​ said​ Foreign​ Minister​ Kasit​ Piromya.​ “We​ noticed​ in​ the​ news​ that​ the​ Haitians​ are​ all​ very​ dark-skinned.​ This​ is​ surely​ one​ of​ the​ reasons​ they​ are​ living​ in​ poverty.​ With​ lighter​ skin​ they​ could​ be​ more​ successful.”

The​ whitening​ cream​ represents​ the​ single-largest​ shipment​ of​ its​ kind​ ever​ to​ a​ disaster-zone.​ Prime​ Minister​ Abhisit​ Vejjajiva​ said​ that​ the​ generosity​ of​ Thais​ was​ evident​ because​ so​ many​ people​ had​ encouraged​ the​ donation.​ “Everyone​ kept​ talking​ about​ how​ black-skinned​ the​ Haitians​ are,”​ he​ said.​ “At​ every​ discussion​ about​ aid,​ the​ skin​ color​ kept​ coming​ up.​ I​ see​ now​ that​ the​ initial​ pledge​ of​ USD20,000​ was​ very​ low​ because​ in​ the​ back​ of​ our​ minds​ we​ knew​ that​ these​ black​ people​ needed​ something​ more​ than​ just​ money

“But​ these​ Haiti​ people​ are​ so​ dark​ I​ don’t​ want​ to​ give​ them​ anything.​ Maybe​ if​ they​ were​ lighter,​ like​ Obama.”​ It​ is​ believed​ that​ the​ whitening​ cream​ can​ make​ the​ homeless,​ starving​ survivors​ of​ the​ earthquake​ look​ whiter​ and​ brighter​ in​ just​ 14​ days,​ according​ to​ the​ Unilever​ brochure.​ It​ is​ hoped​ that​ by​ looking​ whiter,​ the​ Haitians​ might​ be​ able​ to​ secure​ more​ aid.

w4utv.flux.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's not a real article.
It's from an intentionally fake news site.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Whitening Cream as releif aid ???

If this was done in America wouldn't it be labeled as blatantly racist ??

Or is it just a fact of life ???

Do you think it's true that lighter skinned people would recieve more support than dark skinned people ??

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Here's the site where the article came from with the story.
NotTheNation.com

Note at the bottom where it says:

This website is not The Nation. For entertainment purposes only.

Or go to the homepage and see where Humungus from "Mad Max: Road Warrior" has been made a general of the Royal Thai Army in order to quench civil unrest.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Whilst I wouldn't put it past Thailand to do something like this is obviously a hoax story.

Something any member of 5 years standing here worth their oxygen use would have researched before posting.

Failed and slagged!

-m0r

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I know this is a total hoax, but does it make me a bad person for laughing so hard I got a headache after reading the OP?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
ah man, that was funny and horrible at the same time,that's just wrong, don't know what else to say about that.

edit for spelling horrible wrong..hehe

[edit on 26-4-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
LOL hoaxed . Okay, but my first thought on seeing the headline was "After the death of Michael Jackson, the company suddenly has a huge backstock..."

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
lmao lmao lmao. although fake, the humor is delicious.

second.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Yes, yes it does.

Guarantee if it happened to a bunch of white people, the way in which this was handled probably would of been different.

Makes you think.

DOADOA - I metaphorically wish you were D

lmao lmao lmao so delicious /sarcasm.

You know they're still dying?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
in other news, Sammy Sosa just moved to Haiti...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

It was a rhetorical question... seriously, lighten up...

Oh wait, lighten up! HAHAHA!!! ROFL!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What !!! No ?? I've been had ????

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I did to a quick search and found many headlines from many different sites such as :

bangkokblabla.wordpress.com...

but I should have delved deeper.

Yes MOr1arty, you can gloat all you want about seeing a Vet make a rookie mistake, .... but hey, at least I never made a post claiming Aliens are Ninja's.

found....... here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice spelling by the way buddy. Be careful before you throw the first stone.

"snap"

top topics

join