It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is China up to?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I think Russia might even ally with China. I've read some links about possible relations between them.

They are already allies. I have posted links to information on this before.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is part of the information which comes from Russia's highest ranking defector in the US, former Col. Stanislav Lunev. There are at least two more Russian defectors who say this.

"This is one of the many examples of the anti-American alliance between Red China and so-called democratic Russia and one more proof that the alliance is an established fact, not the figment of paranoid suspicion that many pretend. These two good neighbors already have advanced military and political liaison including secret cooperation in such sensitive areas as intelligence, integration of weapons systems and military command. Glonass will play a major role in the Russia-China united front against the U.S., N.A.T.O., and any other potential opponents.

Moscow and Beijing are also trying to influence America�s allies. Its well-known that France supports efforts by Russia and Communist China to lift the sanctions on Iraq. Even most of the U.S.'s N.A.T.O. allies favor keeping the U.S. defenseless under the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty.

As recently reported by The Washington Times, the Chinese deputy foreign minister while in Germany hurled threats at the N.A.T.O. allies. He warned that any country rejecting China�s right to seize Taiwan by force would suffer the consequences. He then repeated the Russian charge that a U.S. missile defense would start a new arms race. "

Excerpted from.
www.newsmax.com.../3/27/55710

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I think Russia might even ally with China. I've read some links about possible relations between them. Also, I know Russia has a lot of technology they are developing that we refuse to believe is even possible, so I would watch out for them. I think Russia will surprise a lot of people and they like it that way...

This seems unlikely, especially as many hard-liners in China want territory of Russia's that they believe belongs to them. Some even was ALL of Asiatic Russia!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludahai

Hong Kong is Sudetenland.
Taiwan could be Austria.
Viet Nam or the Philippines seem to be good candidates for Poland.

The world had better watch, or else history will repeat itself.

Mmm! I'm a newby here and I find your topics very interesting, I am just wondering what do you mean by

Originally posted by ludahai

Viet Nam or the Philippines seem to be good candidates for Poland.

Actually I am a filipino myself and I could say that we are already invaded by the chinese, yep we do support the US (that's why the current news spreading in Saudi right now is we are number 3 in the list of the terrorist.) but our economy are already run and dominated by the chinese, we even had a chinese born president which is Cory Aquino (wife of the late Ninoy Aquino, a real communist himself) and most gigantic companies here are owned by the chinese and a lot of them are already has a position in the government.

In my point of view if ever this US vs Chinese war happens, Philippines, my land will be a battle ground again just like what happened last world war 2 (US vs Japs)

[edit on 7/6/04 by luiztinryan]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
With the Taiwan situation, when do you think things will reach the boiling point?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by luiztinryan

Actually I am a filipino myself and I could say that we are already invaded by the chinese, yep we do support the US (that's why the current news spreading in Saudi right now is we are number 3 in the list of the terrorist.) but our economy are already run and dominated by the chinese, we even had a chinese born president which is Cory Aquino (wife of the late Ninoy Aquino, a real communist himself) and most gigantic companies here are owned by the chinese and a lot of them are already has a position in the government.

In my point of view if ever this US vs Chinese war happens, Philippines, my land will be a battle ground again just like what happened last world war 2 (US vs Japs)

[edit on 7/6/04 by luiztinryan]

As for the Philippines, the Chinese have already taken Mischief Reef from them in the SOuth China Sea back in the late 90s. China also claims all of Kelayann (Freedomland), which are Philippine islands off the coast of Palawan Island.

Even as far back as 1663, the Chinese pirate Koxinga, wanted to take the Philippines after he took Taiwan. The only thing that prevented that was his untimely passing.

The Philippines had better not get too chummy with China. Beijing definately has its eyes on the Philippines. It would be best for Manila to cooperate with Taipei, Tokyo, and Washington to ensure regional security for the democracies in the region.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muckminer
With the Taiwan situation, when do you think things will reach the boiling point?

I don't know when. Things have really been heating up even more the past couple of weeks, with Chinese pronuncements against pro-TI Taiwanese businessmen not being welcome in China.

The current timetable in Taiwan is to propose a new constitution in 2006 and vote on it in 2008. Of course, China will be hosting the Olympics at that time. Many here are betting that China will NOT jeopardize the Olympics which they fought so hard for. However, only time will tell. Of course, as someone who lives in Taiwan, I will be keeping a VERY close eye on what those tyrants in Beijing are doing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join