It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed man arrested at NC airport as Obama departs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Here is what I don't get. Every single media outlet is reporting on his sidearm, but I am yet to hear wheter it was a legal sidearm or not. Also, every report talks about his rifle calculations for a scope, but I have heard nothing about a rifle involved. What I have heard is that this guy was a gun enthusiest. Why hasn't the media reported on these issues? Ohhh, wait...

BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FIT THEIR AGENDA!

-E-

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
They will probably let him go in a day or two. I don't know of any law he broke. It can't be illegal to have a registered firearm in your own car at the airport,,, can it?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Alright OP, pressurized aircraft. Do you even know what they pressurize aircraft to?

An aircraft is pressurized to about 8-11k feet. That is less than the pressure at sea level.

You do not even pressurize on the ground. You begin to pressurize after takeoff normally.

So your speculation on the pressurization problem is completely wrong.

As for armor causing the plane to be too heavy, do you have the specs for AF 1? I am pretty sure those would be at the least Secret if not Top Secret.

Do you know what the useful weight is on a 747? Yes, AF1 has all kinds of extra components in it and I am sure that the whole plane is NOT armored. It would not have to be. The engine nacelles the cockpit and the President's cabin more than likely IS.

Just for your info, the useful cargo weight on a standard 747-400 freighter is-110,000 kg or 242000 lbs. That is from this site-Capacity and loading

If you are going to speculate, maybe a little research would be prudent.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Here is what I don't get. Every single media outlet is reporting on his sidearm, but I am yet to hear wheter it was a legal sidearm or not. Also, every report talks about his rifle calculations for a scope, but I have heard nothing about a rifle involved. What I have heard is that this guy was a gun enthusiest. Why hasn't the media reported on these issues? Ohhh, wait...

BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FIT THEIR AGENDA!

-E-

This guy is already being convicted by the media and the court of public opinion. Reminds me of what happened to Richard Jewell back in 1996.

Many details to sort out with this case. He was in a rental return lot. Is the lot owned by the airport or a private entity?

North Carolina is an OPEN CARRY state and also permits Open carry in vehicles. Not sure what laws were broken in this case.

opencarry.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

geez ES
I'm just trying to fill in the gaps here
with the stuff they DIDN'T say in the
article.

It is a known fact: bullets bring planes down.
Else our aircraft wouldn't have guns on them.
Whether or not a handgun could do it has yet
to be determined as I searched the internet
last might and couldn't find enough evidence.
But the same size bullets come out of rifles
that CAN come out of handguns in some cases,
so theoretically it is possible for a handgun.
And bullets have been bringing planes down
ever since WW1, so there is a valid argument there.

I am intrigued by this story and just want to know
the truth just like when I started with 9/11.
And until we can fill in the gaps of the officiall
story with facts, then we have to speculate
in order to get the big picture.

So dont shoot the messenger

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

E
I think u hit the nail

I also believe this is agenda driven.

The question is: .... who's agenda???

The article states he had strobe lights
on his vehicle. Well those are not illegal
if they are not the colors designated for
law enforcement. If they blink any color other
than red or blue then that is legal.

And as somebody else pointed out, NC is an
open carry state so if he was wearing his
sidearm in public view then that is legal also.
The only sticky part about that would be WHERE
he was at. If the Rental Car lot was privately owned
it may have different gun laws than the airport.

And he made no threats upon the prez, he said he
just wanted to see him.

Right now, I don't think the gov has a case
against this guy but only time will tell as other facts
emerge.

Lots more research to do.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
that's weird
this story is not in the MSM
front page anymore.

Could LE have made a mistake??
Or is it being stifled for a reason??

I mean we r talking about
the POTUS here

Enquiring minds wanna know !!!
lol

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
here is some video of Obama getting onto
AF1 in Asheville. The papers said he was
on vacation but according to this video
he went without his family. Who goes
on vacation without family ????

www.necn.com...

more questions than answers

update: video shows Michelle went on the vacation
but she is not shown getting on AF1 in that video above.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If you ever need further detail on a news story just go to Brietbart. Some more info on this fella is slowly emerging and most of it makes sense.

Randy Fisher, president of the Coshocton County Amateur Radio Association, said McVey was a ham radio enthusiast who had come several times to the group's monthly meetings over the last year or two. Fisher said he was shocked to hear of the arrest and said he last talked with McVey about a week ago via radio and always found him friendly and interesting to talk to.

"I was impressed that he was a public-service-minded type of individual. He really enjoyed using his ham radio for emergency services and that sort of thing," Fisher said.

For two years, McVey has been a member of a volunteer organization in his home area that assists the sheriff's department with traffic control at emergency scenes, said Tim Wise, president of Coshocton County REACT, or Radio Emergency Association Citizen Team.

Wise said he was inclined to believe McVey's arrest resulted from a misunderstanding.

"Everything they found on him, with the exception of a gun, he basically had all that when he was in Coshocton," Wise said Monday. "He just basically liked to monitor police frequencies and listen to what's going on."

That's common for REACT members, though members of the organization are not authorized to have police sirens and lights or break the speed limit on the way to emergencies, Wise said.

McVey had to be warned about his speed while responding to REACT calls, Wise said.

"He's kind of a go-getter, and I know we had to kind of clip his wings a couple times and tell him he needed to watch what he was doing out there and slow down a little bit," Wise said.

McVey had a webcam in his car because he liked to chase severe storms. Wise said he was unaware McVey had a gun, but said with certainty he did not believe McVey would ever want to harm the president.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As for the strobe lights. Sorry, there are many types of strobe lights. If you are in construction you can use removable strobes or permanent ones.

I think the strobes angle is just another bull Schmidt angle.

I think the cops and the MSM jumped on this without due diligence and will get a black eye for it.

Of course nothing will be reported after all charges are dropped.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yes thats strange

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just clicked the link from the Op and the story is indeed changing a bit. They openly say there was no rifle anywhere, just those formulas. They also do not say that he was "brandishing" his firearm, in other words, he didnt pull his weapon. It was just noticed that HE HAD a sidearm.

Interesting to also note that the title of the OP is now, "Friends suggest armed man was not a threat to Obama in NC" and goes on to explain the sirens, strobe lights, etc etc.

from the article:

Randy Fisher, president of the Coshocton County Amateur Radio Association, said that he was shocked to hear of the arrest. He said McVey had come to several of the group's monthly meetings over the last two years and that he last talked to McVey about a week ago via radio. He said he always found McVey friendly and interesting. "I was impressed that he was a public-service-minded type of individual. He really enjoyed using his ham radio for emergency services and that sort of thing," Fisher said. For about two years, McVey has been a member of a volunteer organization that assists the sheriff's department with traffic control at emergency scenes, said Tim Wise, president of Coshocton County Radio Emergency Association Citizen Team.

Also newly added to the article and what I believe is the real story here:

Asheville airport public safety chief Jeff Augram said Monday that McVey did not have a rifle with him. He said the arrest was needed to ensure McVey was not a threat. "In a post-9/11 culture, we have to take a pro-active posture," Augram said.

In my opinion what we have is another case of guilty until proven innocent. What makes him guilty of a crime? Just simply being in possession of a firearm. Not using the weapon, not brandishing or displaying the weapon, just HAVING the weapon.

In reply to Boondock, I understand this is a conspiracy site, and I do not mind speculation when there is a basis for such speculation. This whole idea that he could possibly be a threat and bring down AF-1 with a handgun from 200 feet is absurd at best. Let's put that 200 feet into perspective, if 3 feet = 1 yard than 200 feet divided by 3 = 66.66667 yards. If we round that number up we are looking at 67 yards. So what are the chances that someone can bring down AF-1 with a handgun from 67 yards? If I remember correctly, the discussion at the time of my last posting was based on having to hit a small area on the actual engine in order to bring down a plane, so what are the chances of "threading the needle" so to speak at 67 yards with a handgun? Lets also take into account and possible wind, the angle of the shot, and the fact that the plane would be taxiing on the runway so we are talking about a moving target. Taking all these factors into account, I again come to the same conclusion... this type of speculation is absurd at best.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I forgot to add this to my last post...

Does anyone recall Obama's statement about Citizen Support teams or something to that effect that is as well trained, as well funded, etc etc etc?

Well this guy is that citizen support team person!

So if you want to speculate about what "is not in the article".. there you have it. There is your story.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by MrWendal]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
well thanks folks for the extra info.
It seems we have more details now than we had
yesterday. So I can guess we can close this
thread with a no harm no foul discretionary clause.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

[im][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cf8799c6cbe.jpg[/atsimg][/im]

someone compare the two photo's, not sure how to do that yet.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
baddmove
ur link does not work
a repost maybe ???

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cf8799c6cbe.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link