It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just received this response email from Grant Gartrell

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Time stamps can be added after the effect. If the results are from digital zoom, why aren't they in both pictures? A halo can also result from the small lense of digital cameras (a known effect), in high-contrast images. But again, the left image is slightly higher overall contrast, so there should also be a lense-effect halo in that image as well. Edit-effect halos are often most obvious in the individual color channels when some type of color correction has occurred. Digital cameras also have several options for white balance and other automatic time-of-picture color corrections. Are you sure that both pictures were taken with the same settings (White balance, Zoom, Exposure, Focal length, Shutter speed, etc.).

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The first one like 9:29am and the other at 12:42pm.

I have taken several to able to get the contrast of the first one, but I can not, some are darker, I know the automatic cameras adjust to everything, but I don't know I just take picture if one shows a halo and the other does not, well, I do not understand that.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Spain]

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Spain]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There's nothing unusual or worrying about either picture.

The colour difference could be down to several factors:

* varying degrees of atmospheric pollution

* varying weather conditions

* different part of the sky photographed (on a clear day the sky will be much bluer if you point the camera directly up than if you were to aim it at an area nearer to ground level).

The sky changes every day.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ever hear of Dr. Paul LaViolette? I think this may be where AB got his info or ideas however, Dr. LaViolette has made no predictions (at least timelines) for mass destruction. He is a legitimate PhD with good credentials and some radical theories. Read through his website - sounds like AB found this.
Dr LaViolette

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh my God, I am started to get freaked out!!! At first I didn't believe this AB stuff either. I kept an eye out for anything wierd during the Venus transit and didn't notice anything wierd all day. But then at night when I got home I turned on the TV and........... ESPN and Sportscenter had totally changed their style format around!!!!!

The point of this sarcastic tyrade is that with all the things that occur on our planet, let alone the entire universe, coincedinces happen. Of course ESPN and the Venus transit had nothing to do with each other, just like the Venus transit had nothing to do with anything bad happening. No end of world, no dust cloud, no aliens, no major terrorist attack, just another normal day, with the exception of some pretty bad indigestion. Wait a minute... maybe........

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wood - I agree. Don't get me wrong with posting that site I posted. I was just responding to the comments that AB must have been intelligent or had some knowledge of this subject and proposing where he might have found his info. There seems to be a bit of an apocalyptic craze going on right now. Feels like 1999 all over again. But then again, it sure is fun. Better reading than Anne Rice! Ugh!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would have to agree. I haven't done this much reading in years!! Its like a brilliant screenplay. Unfortunately, I have mucho reading for my World Lit. summer class, so I'm gunna have to back off the AB stuff for a while.

By the way, that wasn't a personal attack at you Kitty, just something for all the AB fanatics to ponder.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
To all,

I came across this thread and had to make a post...

Been reading the info for about a week and thought I'd throw in a question, a couple of links and three images.

Firstly, has anyone done any research on this evacuation from Antartica? It would certainly debunk the story further if this was found to be false.

Secondly, have a look at:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

For the latest satellite images, go to:

www.eumetsat.de...

and click on the "meteosat images" menu option. When the globes show, click which one you want to look at then start some amazing animations.

(notice how the earth is almost covered in "haze" using the IR option).

Also, attached is a jpg from jpl and two animated gifs from accuweather.com.

Notice with the two animated gif's there are two "streaks"...dunno if they're meteors or not but at least we didn't feel them : )

I know there are lots of meteors out there and maybe a beauty will hit us one day...it would just be nice if the PTB at least give us a bit of notice so we have a chance to get out of any flood plain areas : )

PS: I'm from Western Australia and for the past week it has been rain, rain, rain...LOTS OF IT..and definitely NOT normal. Just went outside and is 100% cloud cover still...

One last question; would a dust cloud cause clouds?

PS: Yes, I am an aussie bloke but not THE aussie bloke : )

Here's hoping we're all still laughing at the end of this month.

The following two are links (they are 460k each in size):

[edit on 9-6-2004 by jumpspace]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrisjohns
* varying degrees of atmospheric pollution

Thats what we're worried about. lol

Cough.....dust.....Cough

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That NASA link was very interesting, apparently it will come within .013 AU, but I'm not sure it will come any closer than that... That image has a date of June 01, 2004...whats the deal?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Saw the link at www.wingmakers.com and thought you guys would be interested...

Note that the image contains three objects:

2004 KF17
2004 KH17
2004 KE17

And note that at:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

they list all 606 known objects.

My question is this:

Where's 2004 KF17 listed?

If that one's not listed, how many others aren't?

Hmmm...the mind boggles : )

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I posted this somewhere else too, could explain paranoia unless the measurements are off:
www.isas.ac.jp...

ITOKAWA will gradually close to earth and, on June 26, 2004, it will be closest to earth with distance of 0.013AU (about 1.95 million km). But, unfortunately, it will be then located at the south hemisphere. It is estimated that the asteroid will become about twelfth magnitude (about 1,500 times brighter compared to the present).

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The poor man has been hounded enough, can't we just leave him to his blueberry farm?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
jumpspace,

You are right that 2004 KF17 is not listed on that page. However, here is link that will take you to the trajectory animation for 2004 KF17

neo.jpl.nasa.gov... earch=Search

[edit on 10-6-2004 by milo]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by milo
jumpspace,

You are right that 2004 KF17 is not listed on that page. However, he is link that will take you to the trajectory animation for 2004 KF17

neo.jpl.nasa.gov... earch=Search

So having looked at the orbit for KF17 it seems that it PASSED Earth at its closest on May 31st, and is on its way away from Earth getting further and further away everyday. By June 18 it will be millions of miles away from Earth. No possible threat. Now Itokawa is a bigger issue, but it will pass by without any cause for alarm. AND then in September we will have the real threat "Fatum"

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
and blanketting the Sun's rays, as per this satellite photo of the earth, where the Atlantic Ocean is usually a deep, clean Blue, rather than the current washed up "denim" color that is slowly spreading around...

satellite.ehabich.info...

This morning in the Caribbean, there was so much cover over the Sun, presumably Dust and Clouds, that the sky above the horizon looked a dirty, pale yellow...

This dust could conceivably come from Solar winds blowing it from Venus' atmosphere during its Transit, or from Earth entering a not so "clean" patch of Space: urgently needed, a Space Vacuum Cleaner...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Didn't really think of this until just now ... yesterday, June 10, 2004, about 6:30pm Chicago time (CST), there was a large BANG/boom event and lots of parked cars had their alarms ringing.

It was clearly daylight, so no one could have -- if it were a meteor or other from space object -- seen the flash easily. But it sure as hell makes sense now that I see this:

Meteor in NZ on June 11, 2004

Please, let's really analyze this. Any other meteor sightings or a centralized place to find them on the web?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solace
and blanketting the Sun's rays, as per this satellite photo of the earth, where the Atlantic Ocean is usually a deep, clean Blue, rather than the current washed up "denim" color that is slowly spreading around...

satellite.ehabich.info...

This morning in the Caribbean, there was so much cover over the Sun, presumably Dust and Clouds, that the sky above the horizon looked a dirty, pale yellow...

This dust could conceivably come from Solar winds blowing it from Venus' atmosphere during its Transit, or from Earth entering a not so "clean" patch of Space: urgently needed, a Space Vacuum Cleaner...

so whats the deal? Any links on backing this story up other than the pictures?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Posted by Viendin:

Oh! Zing!

How's that for a kick-in-the-nuts dinger of a WRONG!

Sorry, its just, you don't often see conspiracy/doomsday theories get literally kicked in the face like this, do you?

Awesome, F-ing AWESOME! Damnit that was the perfect thing to say to get this knot out of my stomach caused by so many hypocrits that piss me off. Well said, well said. To quote Will Smith in the movie "I, robot", "Some how, I told you so...just doesn't say it..."
I've said this so many times, but I guess I'll just sound like LILBLAM for a second and recycle the same garbage over and over in different words... I am sick and tired of people constantly believing everything that goes against common belief, and then calling others who don't believe those things ignorant and close minded. IGNORANT means to IGNORE possibilities. I saw this article, it intrigued me; so I read it. After reading it I realized that it wasn't true and moved on. But that wasn't enough for some people. And Lilblam, this is a COMPLETELY different case that with 1st Graders. If there was really something happening, he would PROVIDE us with the evidence. And if you want to compare it with the grade school kids, the teachers also provide the students with material. He would give us more sources, tell us why. I'm so damned sick of people talking about how we're "programmed" to deny the trouth. We're not f-ing programmed to believe anything, and if we were, how did some people magically break through this programming. Yeah, you're gonna start saying it's through the search of knowlege, and the learning how to deny this programming. There is no real proof blah blah blah blah BLAH. Ther IS real proof. There IS real evidence. And if there's not, prove it to me
Let me give you an example. A person is shot. They have a video camera in which they taped they're assailant shooting them. They show this tape to you. Bam, proof. And if you're still not sure, find the gun. It's got a missing bullet and the persons finger prints. This is the epidome of hypocrisy. People ignore the possibility that there really isn't some big thing happening. You ignore the possibility that the world isn't this crazy, mixed up place full if illusions, and misinformation. Then you call us ignorant because we don't believe your opinion. How the hell do you know that you're right in that we're all under illusions? Some people just have a tendency to believe these people just because their opinions sound different. They sound like rebels because they're preaching, yes I said preaching LILBLAM things that you've never heard before. They sound intelligent because they're saying things that sound complex to you. They sound complex because you've never heard of them, not because this person is more intelligent than you. Throw in some high level vocabulary, and congratulations, they sound like they're smart. Only one problem: they're not. I'm sure something will happen at one time or another, and then all these people will be saying "I told you so" because they predicted it will happen. Everyone knows somethings gonna happen sooner or later, just not when. I see people that point their finger at every single possibility and believe it's going to happen. Then when one of them finally does, they act high and mighty. People will say "thirty years" then it happens in fourty and they say they were just off in their calculations by a few years. Anyway, theres that. Sorry to sound like a jerk, but someone hit a nerve.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Now that we all know that this whole AB thing is a hoax, I figured we could still have a little fun with it. I started to think if I were going to die in some cataclismic event, what album would I most like to be listening to while I went out? If anyone is up to answering this check out my thread in BTS at:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

P.S.- I am new to ATS so I'm not sure if this is bad board etiquette. I didn't want to start a thread on ATS since it is not really relevant, but it kinda is and I would greatly like to hear from everyone. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join