It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking Investigated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
so basically first we have a thread saying thats SH said Aliens exists , whilst just after i done 3 beers celebrating a thread pop up with SH saying No aliens visited earth...Now you say that visiting earth got nothing to do with existing or not , and you are right, but look at how the possibility of existence was approached when compared :

Thread A :

THE aliens are out there and Earth had better watch out, at least according to Stephen Hawking. He has suggested that extraterrestrials are almost certain to exist — but that instead of seeking them out, humanity should be doing all it that can to avoid any contact.

Thread B :

"What is the explanation of why we have not been visited? One possibility is that the argument, about the appearance of life on Earth, is wrong. Maybe the probability of life spontaneously appearing is so low, that Earth is the only planet in the galaxy, or in the observable universe, in which it happened. Another possibility is that there was a reasonable probability of forming self reproducing systems, like cells, but that most of these forms of life did not evolve intelligence."

It didnt convince me so I went back to review one of his documentaries and her is what i would like to chit chat with you...

here is the film :

Google Video Link

I realized that all this man does is quoting the past...no new theories or anything..just reading us a fairy tale

what were exactly this man's greatest achievements?

Was he chosen to speak to the sheeple since you know his wheelchair condition etc already put you like in pity state and you accept anything he says

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Maybe he is just afraid of the Klingons?

Kaplah!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Here in Australia, Right now, ABC radio (the government broadcaster) we have, at 9am on the morning program, the show is devoted to this subject. Are we alone ? and what Stephen Hawking has said recently. ( its broadcast nationally)

It's amazing that all of a sudden this has become mainstream.

What has happened ? Is he the mouth piece for some sort of disclosure ?

I just wonder about this massive change in the way the subject is being treated by the media all of a sudden, just because Stephen Hawking has proclaimed something...

very interesting times

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

You have got to be kidding! What are your greatest achievements? And if you were confined to his chair what would you have accomplished?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
and now heaps of people ringing in from the country now with their sightings !

cool...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

You have got to be kidding! What are your greatest achievements? And if you were confined to his chair what would you have accomplished?

do you think u answered the question?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

That was unnecessary imo.

I realized that all this man does is quoting the past...no new theories or anything..just reading us a fairy tale

Just do a simple search and you know that he doesn't only quotes theories of the past..

The denial of the existence of extraterrestrial life like our governments do is the real fairy tale here.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Besides creating, researching and developing a theory of reality that makes Quantum Mechanics look like 10th grade physics class?

Nothing.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The ignorance by the OP of this thread is simply astounding, and all because Stephen Hawking doesn't want to blindly accept that we're being visited by aliens, when there is no hard proof, which is what a scientist usually depends on.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Was he chosen to speak to the sheeple since you know his wheelchair condition etc already put you like in pity state and you accept anything he says

Are you serious!??

You do know that this man was not always in a wheel chair, and hold the current position of Dean of Astro-Physics at Cambridge University!!!

This guys is widely agreed to be the greatest mind of our time, more so than, some say, than Einstein.

Just because he is in a wheel chair, doesn't mean that his mind is. or that he is not capable of being a sci fi fan, or saying silly things, or having a sense of humor. if he believes that aliens exist, thats fine, I do too. But its not like hes saying he is ion contact with them as some of our able bodied counterparts on here do!!!

What's your great achievement???

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

ABC huh? I wouldnt have thought they wouldnt touch this issue with a ten foot pole.

The governement owned station is talking about aliens...now that does sound like disclosure warm up for ya. Credible people (Hawking) talking for once about the serious side of it on a serious station....good times.

The volitility of our world would suggest it be unwise to perturb this hornets nest with a shock one day announcemnt. The economic implications of invester confindence for one could lead to a crash of the system.

Add; Which show was that on? The national or your local one? was that their breakfast show?

Im looking to download the right one to have a quick listen.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

it was local radio but because of the public holiday everywhere but Tassie it was broadcast from here to everywhere else. People were ringing from all over the country.

I don't think the commentator was expecting such serious talk back and experiences Because at first he was asking them if they were on something etc...but more and more rang, with some great stories.

it was great!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
lol and nobody mentioned at least 1 thing he achieved...pfff..proof me wrong instead of bashing

example :

Newton Achievement : Gravity
Einstein : Relativity
My Achievement : Software Developer , i have various software all done by me
SH : ????

Thank you

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Reply to post by heineken

Isn't hethe one who came up with the Big Bang theory? Not sure myself but I thought it was him.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Disregard my previous post. It wasn't him it seems. Apparently it was some italian priest.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
OP I think your embarrassing yourself here.

I can't believe you just put your software development skills alongside the theory of relativity.

Here's something you could of found on wiki;

en.wikipedia.org...
Awards and Honours

1975 Eddington Medal
1976 Hughes Medal of the Royal Society
1979 Albert Einstein Medal
1981 Franklin Medal
1982 Order of the British Empire (Commander)
1985 Gold Medal of the Royal Astronomical Society
1986 Member of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences
1988 Wolf Prize in Physics
1989 Prince of Asturias Awards in Concord
1989 Companion of Honour
1999 Julius Edgar Lilienfeld Prize of the American Physical Society
2003 Michelson Morley Award of Case Western Reserve University
2006 Copley Medal of the Royal Society
2008 Fonseca Price of the University of Santiago de Compostela
2009 Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honour in the United States

"He is known for his contributions to the fields of cosmology and quantum gravity, especially in the context of black holes. He has also achieved success with works of popular science in which he discusses his own theories and cosmology in general; these include the runaway best seller A Brief History of Time, which stayed on the British Sunday Times bestsellers list for a record-breaking 237 weeks.
Hawking's key scientific works to date have included providing, with Roger Penrose, theorems regarding singularities in the framework of general relativity, and the theoretical prediction that black holes should emit radiation, which is today known as Hawking radiation (or sometimes as Bekenstein-Hawking radiation)."

This isn't Dragons Den... Stephen Hawkings is the one of the brightest minds of the century. Do you think the guy who invented the Frisbee is more intelligent than all the scientists who haven't had a theory published?

Links and EX tags, please.

[edit on Mon Apr 26 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FAQAmerica

instead of a newspaper hit that head with a hammer in your avatar ...do you really think I compared software with relativity

they asked for my achievement and for me, building software is more than enough, it gives me satisfaction in my field

now I never stated that SH did nothing noobs...I just didnt know what he done..wasnt clear enough for me as I can see it was for nobody because even yourself had to look for it..ok it easy to google and search but you didnt know.

that was my point

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
and before posting with ignorance , read the post 1st...you were all off course in this thread which focused on the fact that we have 2 different type of news..

1 saying SH believe Alien Intelligence might be common

the other saying SH said we might be alone

after i search for some documentaries about him and came up only with him telling the story of physics, nothing new

[edit on 26-4-2010 by heineken]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I personally think stephen hawking is part of this secret society stuff and he is bringing stuff out they want.

I always say the big bang is just based on male ejaculation, which you can see may of came from alchemy.

On him i think he is smart and all, but science is about guessing, and that is all he is doing. We listen to the people who are the best guessers and this is what makes secrets societies, and whispers, lol.

But op does have a point, like the big bang thing, its just based on male ejacualtion, and people have this idea from that. You see people can believe this as we know we are all born this way, with that explosion of energy from nothing, and its like what they teach in alchemy.

So i doubt the big bang theory was anything new, and i doubt its the real reason for our universe, its just an easy way for us to understand, as all of us can grasp that maybe the universe was made like we where made.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join