It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has everyone forgotten about the Iceage and a link to 2012 it may just be the beggining.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hi All,

All this talk of the endtimes etc. We hear about Nibiru and collision's or Alien invasion's, even global warming.
We have all seem to forgotten about the fact we are still in an iceage, it is currently an Inter-Glacial stage ( not much ice ) as opposed to a Glacial Stage ( alot of ice )

Below is an Antarctic ice core sample graph for the past 500,000yrs. It clearly shows the Earth Glacial and Inter-Glacial stages.

Now every 10-15000 yrs we have and remain in an inter-glacial stage then we go back into a Glacial stage for 100,000 yrs. During that period most of the Northern Hemisphere is covered in ice including the majority of the Central USA.
We continue to hear about global warming, yes we have considerably high CO2 levels but past data has shown the higher the CO@ before a glacial stage the worse the upcomming glacial stage is. Please by all means look at the graph, we are currently at the very right of the graph today, and notive it is at a high point but we have interesting times ahead.
This also related to the 26,000 cycle along with many other Earth cycles both short and long term.
Perhaps 2012 is the beggining of the next stage, perhaps the Mayans had knowledge of this as well. Remeber the Piri Res Map - somene was here the last time Antarctica was free of ice, whoever that was must also know about certain Glacial cycles or would have witnessed it ( not the person themself but possibly watever civilisation they belonged to.
We are 13,000 yrs through this Inter-Glacial stage, we dont have long to go if we look at the constant cycles of Earth.

www.daviesand.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Be sure to look at the above link to the Milankovith Cycles - it includes the 26,000 yr cycle ending in 2012

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
while I doubt the mayans could predict the next ice age, if they even knew what an ice age was, there will no doubt be another one someday.

but I dont think ice ages just hit all of the sudden. dont glaciers take time to move forward?

I'll say this though, if another one IS coming, the US needs to invade Mexico asap so I dont have to live in a permanant winter. and yes I dont care about the mexicans/I'm a jerk etc..

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

lol yeah, kinda reminds of the day after tomorrow

But it is coming, it is just a matter of when and how fast it happens.

Look at the recent snow storms that hit the USA and Europe, they were massive. Caused chaos. It may just be the start.
I agree there that it may not happen overnight like that movie but the timing is getting close.
It's like i said scientists go on about global warming but never talk about Glacial stages. I'm not saying global warming isnt real, its obvious we are puttin alot of CO2 into the atmosphere, but the earth will eventually fix this, history has shown this. CO2 goes up and then plummits during an iceage, cycle after cycle after cycle.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
while I doubt the mayans could predict the next ice age, if they even knew what an ice age was, there will no doubt be another one someday.

but I dont think ice ages just hit all of the sudden. dont glaciers take time to move forward?

I'll say this though, if another one IS coming, the US needs to invade Mexico asap so I dont have to live in a permanant winter. and yes I dont care about the mexicans/I'm a jerk etc..

I was reading somewhere that it took 12 months for the glaciers to reach UK during one of the last ice ages. Maybe we could share with Mexico? There is no need to invade. There is a lot of open land in South America that could be shared, without the need for violence.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

This makes me want to scream. A decade of man-made "Global Warming" and rising Earth temperatures which is finally proven to be a complete scam and now an Ice Age is imminent just as it was in the 1970's.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
ice age =

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

It is shown by those graphs that we have had a serious impact on CO2 levels that it obvious and there may be short term temp rises, but it aint gonna matter. But they never seem to mention any of this.

Reading up on the Glacial / Inter Glacials, it has shown in records that in the cylces with higher CO2 levels, the worse to next glacial stage is. The next one is gonna be a ripper

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

awww poor bambi

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

awww poor bambi

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

Sooooo, you are a conquistador? whatever..Why would scientists not come forward with this idea of an impending part of the ice age where north america is mostly covered in ice?
Are they so controlled that they are unable to voice their true opinions?

You conquer, I'll be suspicious.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by njl51

I know your reply wasnt to me, i think but ill respnd

I dont know if anything is being hidden, but just look at the graph ( my first link ) It is the Antarctic ice core samples showing CO2, dust levels and temp levels over a 500,000 yr period. The stats speak for themselves don't they, i thought so.

Every 10-15,000 yrs we have our current stage ( inter glacial ) where the glaciers receed. Then after that we have Glacial stages for 100,000 yrs.

We have been in this stage for approx 13,000yrs already, we are getting close if not overdue for another glacial stage. Remember it's between 10-15,000, it could begin anytime now.

As it begin's it also speed's up - ironically called the snowball effect:

www.uwsp.edu...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here's a BBC doco on it if anyone is interested:

www.youtube.com...

Cheers

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Here is an article for you'll. The gamma ray graph took an surprising turn for the 'experts' last year. ( It is the first time in Earth's history these expert have been taken by surprize
)

NASA: Cosmic rays up 19% since last peak – new record high could lead to cooling

an announcement sure to cause controversy over Svensmark’s theory of cosmic ray to cloud modulation, which is said to be affecting earth’s climate. Svensmark says this is now leading to a global cooling phase. Just a couple of weeks after Svensmark’s bold announcement, NASA has announced that we have hit a new record high in Galactic Cosmic Rays, GCR’s. Apparently, Nature is conducting a grand experiment.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Also unsure about the whole timewave zero thing, i dont know about it, but i will say this, the end of the last Glacial stage seems to match pretty well to the last peak in 14,000bc.

Here's the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a couple of graphs down.

I still dont know how credible the timewave theory is, i havent looked into enough to give a real opinion but that is one part where it matches up to Geology( in the short term and only approx )
Also i looked at the same OP's thread from 2008, and he had a graph showing certain peaks etc and a mark on 29 October 2009 with a question Mark and possible Earthquake written as well.
Well that it is interesting, google Oct/Nov 2009 Earthquakes, he got pretty close to the mark.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Very interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's a much shorter link and clip to explain it:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Very interesting indeed.

It sure is, but, it is just another thing to blame on Man made global warming.

What I understand, is that shait is going to go down, and the Govts. are lieing about why it is happening, IE The Man Made global warming, it is a stall tactic... As I see it ...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Yup it's simply a distraction

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Yup it's simply a distraction

You know, with decreasing Heliosphere and magneticfields, and increasing gammy rays, we gonna cook like food in a microwave !

[edit on 25/4/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I think it's all part of the cycle though

<<   2 >>

join