It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why So Much Disinformation About Satanism?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Those in the Recreational Christianity hobby, who listen to live-call-in radio talk shows, should be familiar with good ol’ Bob Larson, who hosts a show called “Talk Back With Bob Larson”. Bob is a real piece of work. His favorite thing to rant about is “satanic rock music”, “ritual satanic abuse”, and the “whimpy” Christian ministries and organizations who refuse to deal with those subjects. He has a habit of hanging up on people who argue to effectively against his driveling, angry, diatribes.

Read We've Got all the Dirt on Bob Larson.

Bob Larson is just an example. Is it outright misunderstanding of theistic Satanism on the parts of these people, are they doing it for the money, or is there another reason? As a theistic Satanist, it angers me to see so much misunderstanding of what it really means to worship Satan as god.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Can you give me the jist of what your religion entails? if you wouldn't mind please...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by satanictemple

I second the above request. I'm not familiar with theistic Satanism. Just the Anton Levay Satanism.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Can you give me the jist of what your religion entails? if you wouldn't mind please...

Sure. I worship Satan (a title, as I've posted elsewhere on these forums) as a deity. I consider Him the god of this world, the god involved in helping humans achieve their potential and spiritual evolution, the god who fights against Yahweh, and the god who is worshiped through the body and the senses. I pray to Him. I have dedicated my Self to Him.

If meeting together with other theistic Satanists, we may hold "black masses" in which we pray, entreat, and chant to Satan. None of these activities involves kidnapping, rape, murder, or doing anything against the will of the Selves involved.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
In any case it seems like wasted potential to me, just like most organised religions.

Do you follow the teachings of Alistair Crowley?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Religious intolerance is nothing new but it is very angering to anyone with an open mind to hear someone spew unfounded ignorance as absolute fact or even claim their special brand of crazy is from God.

Satanic Rock music
, my fundamentalist Christian Father used to feed me all kinds of crap about that, about reverse messages in songs and how music about "rebellion" or "doing your own thing" would put you on the highway to Hell. Luckily in my teen years I discovered something called Christian Rock, and soon enough Christian Metal. I eventually lost my Christianity but some of my favorite bands are still Christian. Does this Bob Larson guy object to Christian rock too?

I also had trouble in my childhood because my Dad thought Pokemon were satanic at first... It's amazing how some Christians can be so un-Christ like and still pretend to have the moral high ground. The fundamentalists, whack-jobs and pervert priests really don't give the religion a good name. Doesn't the Bible say something about if a body part offends cut it off? Pretty sure that's a metaphor about removing fringe elements of the Church that are completely missing the point of Christ's teachings.

I'll take a look at the website then.

As for Satanism most of the disinfo is put out by these religious zealots, people who've never even spoken to a Satanist and only research Satanism in biased religious texts and teachings. Feeding from the mouth of madness until they go blind and then leading the way.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Paper 53: The Lucifer Rebellion

[edit on 24/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
In any case it seems like wasted potential to me, just like most organised religions.

Do you follow the teachings of Alistair Crowley?

That's fine that you think that. I'm not really here to argue the validity of theistic Satanism. You either buy it or you don't. My question is why the disinformation, especially when it seems so purposeful.

And no, I do not follow the teachings of Crowley.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Fear is the strongest motivator for human beings. If you want people to do what you tell them to, just scare them.

In this case, follow the church, fear satanism.

Hate is another strong motivator for human beings. If you want to create a unity of ideology in the interests of control, give people another group of people to hate.

In this case, create community, hate satanists.

The strangest thing is that people go around believing what other people tell them.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
Luckily in my teen years I discovered something called Christian Rock, and soon enough Christian Metal. I eventually lost my Christianity but some of my favorite bands are still Christian.

lol

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yahweh is the Hebrew name for god, so you are saying satan protects you from god??

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I have a question.

I can see why many people would disagree with the tenets of conventional Christianity. But why choose to worship a deity, Satan, which almost by definition, is supposed to represent pure evil? Why not choose a deity that at least represents good qualities.

Is it perhaps the entity you call "Satan" is very different from the Christian concept of Satan? Perhaps your Satan is purely good and has qualities Christians would associate with Jesus or Muslims would associate with Allah?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Most Satanists don't even worship Satan as far as I know. Some branches do, of course, hold a reverence for Lucifer and Satan but if you look at Satan in the Bible there are reasons to admire him. He risks punishment to further human knowledge by telling us to eat the apple. He is a rebellious figure synonymous with fighting against an authority which believes itself righteous but is not (the God of the Bible is depicted doing a lot of evil things and doesn't even live up to his own 10 commandments). Satan is also a sort of tragic hero undone by his hurbis/pride.

I'm no expert on Satanism but I'd say 99.99% of Satanists have moral values SIMILAR to those of Christians. If they all were going around sacrifices infants to the dark lord we'd have criminal proceedings going on. Even those that do worship Satan likely view him as the good guy, a victim of bad press smeared by Heaven and God for rebelling.

LaVeyan Satanism, also referred to as Atheistic Satanism and Agnostic Satanism, was founded in 1966 by Anton LaVey. Its teachings are based on individualism, self-control, and "eye for an eye" morality, drawing influences from the rituals and ceremonies of occultist Aleister Crowley, and the philosophies of Friedrich Nietzsche and Ayn Rand.

Source

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's all deflection my brother!

Power has become intertwined with Christianity, so now it makes careers and assures political coherence by finding the "satanic" other.
Nero did the same with the Christians - and they also stood accused of child sacrifice and holding evil rituals to undermine state and faith. In fact, they were accused of the very things that sham auto-suggestion artists like Bob Larson now blame on the occult and satanists (whatever differences they have amongst themselves, such as "theistic" and "atheistic" satanists is irrelevant to Larson and his witch-hunters).

I was just reading Robert Anton Wilson's: "Everything is Under Control: Conspiracies, cults and cover-ups" (Pan Books, 1999 pp. 27-28). Somebody going under the pseudonym "Hawthorne Abendsen" wrote how the old war gods became the blood-thirsty deities of Judeo-Christianity and Islam.
Wilson summarizes:

Worship of this god consists of making war...and of various grisly human and animal sacrifices of the type Protestant fundamentalists...have attributed to a Satanic conspiracy. Satanists actually have nothing to do with it according to Abendsen: Holy War and ritual bloodshed represent the earliest and truest forms of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic faith. Later, more humane images of divinity - i.e., the "god of love" - represent conscious fraud, intended to keep the majority from knowing the true purpose and meaning of what our rulers do. The priest is a shill for a tyrant, in a more radical and horrible way than Voltaire or Marx ever imagined.

That sums it up for me:
- deflection from rituals and scandals within power's highest echelons by blaming the "other",
- asserting power by stigmatising any competition as hopelessly evil.
What is interesting is that every group accused by such disinformation may become the new state power some day, just like Christianity did after 300-400 years of being persecuted in ancient Rome.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by satanictemple
That's fine that you think that. I'm not really here to argue the validity of theistic Satanism. You either buy it or you don't. My question is why the disinformation, especially when it seems so purposeful.

Why do you suppose it is disinformation. Are you in contact with all of the satanists in the world? I doubt you could honestly tell everyone on this board that every satanist spent their lives in quiet peaceful worship.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well maybe your just a low level satanist. How do you know what serious pagans are doing, and serious pagan stuff is going on in the world, no matter what you think.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

True, just like "Christian", "Muslim" and so forth are bandied about as stereotypes and generalizations, so the term "Satanist" does much ontological violence to the subject.
But I think this a matter for the accusers like Bob Larson to clarify, because they throw the term "satanist" and "satanic" about as they please (and even worse, secular conspiracists like David Icke follow the trend). The wider they throw their net, the more something criminal may stick here and there. Deflection exactly.
Even Wicca was once included under the label until the pagans started suing. Amazing how "exact" fundamentalists become with labels when it hits their pockets.
Why not ask Bob Larson or similar preachers why they don't differentiate between LaVey, other left-hand paths and magicks, and even self-styled teenagers, or obviously deranged people?
Does a terrorist care if he bombs Protestants, Catholics, Jews or Mormons in the US? Probably not.
To Larson it's all demonic (assuming he takes his beliefs seriously, which I doubt) and open Satanists are all lying and putting on a public relations front.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

As my name implies I am more fond of Satan because there is only one truth in life and it is death. I dont practice Satanism or whatever its called but Satan is more cool. See how many people are killed in name of God and compare with how many people are killed in name of Satan.

I'm not religious at all but I'm fond of mythical creatures like Vampires, Werewolves, Shapeshifters, Dragons etc. and they all come under Satan..also Gothic chicks are super hot !!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

By the same token: how do we know the Jews and Christians didn't indeed have sects that engaged in ritual child-murder?
We condem Nero as evil for his persecutions, but what if these early Christian sects within Judaism (at the time) did exactly what they were accused of? Some sites still claim that Jewish-sect child-sacrifice goes on to this day, and they claim to have historical proof (I won't link, 'cause I think it's sick and racist).
Yeah, so no group or labelled people may defend themselves, because some other person with that label is doing really bad things.
A logic that points the finger at every group really.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Wait, who the hell is Bob Larson, and why should I care?

Why disinformation?

Considering ALL relgions are based on myths, why do you even question it?

In my opinion, religion is just an excuse to keep people separate, and yes, some people make money that way!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join