It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone studied about the Islamic Mahdi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone has anything on this. Also it's common knowledge that Judaism and Islam have a common ancestor in Abraham.

Thinking about peace in the mid east. What if the Mahdi offered it to the Jews?
Its obvious the Jews will not make a proposal that any Muslim would ever accept.
What if?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

i asked a shia' freind of mine about the mahdi. it is remarkably similar to christianity. they believe the mahdi will accompany jesus at the end times to help defeat the antichrist also known as ad dajal. jesus will arrive at a mosque in damascus. they will then battle the false antichrist.

it has been 4 years since i was in egypt that i have talked to him though so this is all i remember.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
My employers are Egyptian as well a Islamic and they brought up the subject. They tell me that mahdi is their version of the anti-Christ.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

most egyptians are sunni. they believe diffrent things then the shia about the end times. i was under the impression that ad dajal was the antichrist and the mahdi was a helper of jesus at the end times who helps kill the antichrist, but like i said it has been a long time and i could have gotten mixed up.

what do your employers say about the mahdi?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
sounds like an motion picture. The Mahdi is alive and wondering the world? That's what I read online about him.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
Just wondering if anyone has anything on this. Also it's common knowledge that Judaism and Islam have a common ancestor in Abraham.

Thinking about peace in the mid east. What if the Mahdi offered it to the Jews?
Its obvious the Jews will not make a proposal that any Muslim would ever accept.
What if?

To state that they have a common ancestor implies that islam arose independently of judaism. It's fairly obvious that mohammed took the abrahamic religion of the jews and distorted it to his own ends.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I did my doctoral dissertation on the topic, wrote a book about it which published in 2005 ("Holiest Wars") and I have a website that tracks Mahdism: www.mahdiwatch.org

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Do some research and do NOT call it the "Islamic Mahdi". Only Shia's believe in this Mahdi. The Mahdi is their "twewth Imam", who was supposedly hidden and ascended to heaven.

Shia's are only a small minority percent of the worldwide population.

Vast majority of Muslims DO NOT believe in the Mahdi.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

My employers are Egyptian as well a Islamic and they brought up the subject. They tell me that mahdi is their version of the anti-Christ.

No. Sunnis (in Egypt) do not believe in the Mahdi. The Mahdi is the Shi'a twelth Imam, who is like their savior.

You are thinking of the Dajjal. The Dajjal is the Sunni Anti-christ type figure... And he is supposedly "one-eyed"... Some say this is a reference to Illuminati.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

No. Sunnis (in Egypt) do not believe in the Mahdi. The Mahdi is the Shi'a twelth Imam, who is like their savior.

You are thinking of the Dajjal. The Dajjal is the Sunni Anti-christ type figure... And he is supposedly "one-eyed"... Some say this is a reference to Illuminati.

Hey thanks for the info...u got a star

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Signs of his coming
The following signs are ascribed to Ali in the forthcoming of Dajjal:[6]

People will stop offering the prayers
Dishonesty will be the way of life
Falsehood will become a virtue
People will mortgage their faith for worldly gains
Usury and bribery will become legitimate
Imbeciles would rule over the wise
Blood of innocents would be shed
Pride will be taken on acts of oppression
The rulers will be corrupt
The scholars will be hypocrites
Adultery will be rampant
Women will dress like men and men will dress like women
The liars and treacherous will be respected
There will be acute famine at the time

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I know a really good thread for you to check out if your interested in this. I remembered it from a while ago.

Correlations Between the Antichrist and the Islamic Mahdi

www.abovetopsecret.com...#

new topics

top topics

join