It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Dr. Yakub, the Nation of Islam's "ancient scientist" an ancient astronaut?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I was recently informed by somebody who's apparently a believer in the Nation Of Islam that white people and Jews had been created in ancient times by an evil scientist called Dr. Yakub.

Obviously I'm not going to take any racial-separatist religion very seriously, but I did a little Googling and read up on this Dr. Yakub character:

Dr. Yakub Wikipedia entry

According to the Nation of Islam (NOI), Yakub (also spelled Yacub or Yakob), was a scientist alive "6,600 years ago", responsible for creating the white race, a "race of devils". The doctrine of Yakub was first proclaimed by Wallace Fard Muhammad and was later developed by his successor Elijah Muhammad. Yakub created white people by a process of grafting the "black " to a "white" from the original black population of the world. According to the Autobiography of Malcolm X, all the races except the black race were by-products of Yakub's work. However the "black race" included Asians. "Whites" were defined as Europeans and Jews. It took 600 years for Yakub and his successors to fully whiten his creations. This was achieved under a despotic regime on the island of Patmos.[1] The reasons for Yakub's actions are unclear.

Two things occur to me:

First of all, I am reminded of William Bramley's book, The Gods of Eden, in which he asserts that most religions are, to varying degrees, extremely divisive because they are "custodial belief systems," taught to our species by members of the "custodial society," i.e., UFO occupants or "aliens" specifically in order to keep us servile and divided. I'm sure Bramley would agree that a religion as young and divisive as the Nation Of Islam (not to be confused with Islam in general) could very well have been transmitted to its human founder by members of the custodial society.

Secondly, in reading the details of how Dr. Yakub allegedly created the "white race," I can't help but think this is clearly an account of ancient genetic engineering. Is it a true account? I certainly don't think so, as I'm sure geneticists and human biologists have more plausible explanations for the existence of light-skinned humans.

Still, I think the story bears closer inspection. It wouldn't be the first time aliens have lied to humans or given us half-truths. One might deduce something of their true motives by looking at the kinds of lies they tell, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Three people have flagged this topic, but none have replied. Oh well.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Oh Lord. You believe that garbage? The person who supposedly created White people and Jews was Jacob from the bible. Tell me about crazy.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
By the way. The Nation of Islam has roots of reverse racism against Whites who said Blacks at the time were less evolved.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Everyone knows each time a story gets repeated, it's not told exactly the same way.

There could be some truth to this story but overtime, cultural bias got weaved into the truth.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
What historical records are there of this story? NONE. Its completely made up in modern times.

Not even Muslims believe it. It's all just made up quackery. Do you also believe the Davinci code to be factual? How about Demons and Angels?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
People, thanks for responding, but I never said I believed this story!

I just find it interesting that a divisive religious sect founded in 1930 contains an account of ancient genetic engineering as one of its core beliefs.

I guess it's not all that surprising, though. The eugenics movement was all the rage in those days, so I guess it makes sense that such concepts would find their way into a religion founded during that era.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The Qur'an teaches that there are many worlds in the universe with people like us and Djinns. Not forgetting the fact the Qur'an supports the ancient astonaut theory to a tee. Not forgetting the FACT the Qur'an has never ever been altered unlike the bible which has been changed and manipulated countless times.

It is my believe that the Qur'an was written by an ancient astronaut (Annunaki) so this story of yours (OP) does hold water.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

You're forgetting a very big point. This book was written by people at a time of racism in America. This story has noting to do with Islam.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

The NOI is a shame to the black community. Is there any proof of such a person existing or was this channelled?

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by SKUNK2

You're forgetting a very big point. This book was written by people at a time of racism in America. This story has noting to do with Islam.

If you researched the Qur'an you'd find it teaches many things that has everything to do with this topic.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The Nation of Islam also believe Elijah Muhammad is on a 1 mile long space ship"The Mother Plane"that also has 1500 other smaller vessels on board"Baby Planes"and each of these smaller planes each have a 1 super bomb that when dropped on America will cause a mountain 6 miles to appear then each mountain will exploded with a volcanic force never seen before to man.........

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Not about Jacob becoming a mad scientist and created White people. Where did I miss that in Islam 101.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I will firmly first and flat-out say that I for one do not believe it, but I will follow it up by saying that this is the second [or maybe third?] time that I have heard/read about some scientist(s) who genetically engineered humans or what not in some way shape or form.

The first being of that a form of Aliens have done it to basically be workers, another stating that we were engineered to be just like them if not closely similar. The third I am not sure whether or not I've heard/read it here which is why I left it in question. So far I have only found one article that closely relates to what I type. Again I will reiterate I do not believe it [what the op has typed and no offense to the OP.], but I just find it interesting so many seem to talk of ancient engineering.

American Chronicle - Genetic Engineering article.

Only question I do have is who or where did this all originate from?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
The Nation of Islam also believe Elijah Muhammad is on a 1 mile long space ship"The Mother Plane"that also has 1500 other smaller vessels on board"Baby Planes"and each of these smaller planes each have a 1 super bomb that when dropped on America will cause a mountain 6 miles to appear then each mountain will exploded with a volcanic force never seen before to man.........

While there are many hardcore extreme Muslims and i'd take the teachings of the Qur'an over the bible and day and i don't even believe in god. At least the Qur'an is based on reality instead of fairytales...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by SKUNK2

Not about Jacob becoming a mad scientist and created White people. Where did I miss that in Islam 101.

The Qur'an might not mention this Jacob person, but the Qur'an does say that genetic engineering is a bad thing. If you knew about the Qur'an you'd know this and you would know that alot of the Qur'an reads like a sci-fi guide to the universe.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by SKUNK2]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

I agree with you. I don't anything Christians or Muslims have to say about biblical issues because they contradict the original Jewish sources of the Talmud. But there are great sites online about the Quran and science.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

You don't believe in God yet you believe The Koran is based on reality?

You do see the contradiction don't you?

The Koran was dictated to Mohammed by The Angel Gabriel whose very exiistence relies on there being a God!!

And the whole Islamic religion, which is completely controlled by The Koran and it's interpretation relies on the premise that Mohammed was God's prophet and thus The Koran is God's word.

So it's based on reality but God doesn't exist.

See how I'm a bit confused by your reasoning.

If God doesn't exist then The Koran is a complete crock of # and can't be used as a reliable source for anything!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

The Koran was dictated to Mohammed by The Angel Gabriel whose very exiistence relies on there being a God!!

Not if Gabriel was an ancient astronaut.

Again, I refer to William Bramley's book, The Gods of Eden (see OP for Amazon link). The story of Mohammad's encounter with Gabriel closely mirrors those of the Old Testament's key figures' encounters with "God" or his emissaries, and it also has much in common with Joseph Smith's encounter with the angel that allegedly gave him the Book of Mormon.

All this talk of the NOI's "mother plane" space ship also calls to mind the secret, sci-fi teachings of the Church of Scientology. As Bramley asserts in his book, when so many seemingly different sects and belief systems have so much in common, it may be reasonable to consider the possibility that they may have come from a common source, i.e., members of "the custodial society," i.e., our hidden alien masters.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by flightsuit]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

God and fairy tales do not exist, technology and science does exist, which the Qur'an is funnily enough filled with.
Perhaps you should read the title of this thread again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join