It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Dr. Yakub, the Nation of Islam's "ancient scientist" an ancient astronaut?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

I read the title of this thread. And this story has nothing to do with the Quran.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why are you folks so hostile to Flightsuit who gave a reasonable initial post in the context of the ancient astronaut theory, not any theological dogma from the NOI or Islam.

On that related topic I as a Muslim can verify that the Quran has many elements that implicitly verify modern science— that BTW the medieval Saracens of Spain [Moors] exposed the Europeans to, as history records, and also the Arabs interpreted the Greek classics for the Europeans that led to the scientific renaissance.

The “fairy tales” in the Quran are metaphysical mythology— that is archetypal trends or cosmic habits in the human experience that are repeated over and over by humans throughout history.

The Bible” has similar mythology though has been corrupted by the sectarian taint of the tribe of Judah who entrnocentrified the mythology, as later the Christina repeated with the obsession with Jesus.

To Flightsuit, your post was only a questing of the Yaqub NOI mythology in the context of the astronaut theory IMO, as you said you didn’t believe the mythology literally
You might want to check out a book entitled The Slave species of God by Michael Tellinger, along the lines of the Bramely and Zachariah Sitchin theory.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
reply to post by Freeborn

God and fairy tales do not exist, technology and science does exist, which the Qur'an is funnily enough filled with.
Perhaps you should read the title of this thread again.

While it is true that, at the time the Quran was written, Arabic society was fairly advanced (especially compared to some westrtrern societies at that time,) Please provide quotes and links to support your contention that the Quran is "filled with" technology and science.

Harte

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

.... i don't even believe in god. At least the Qur'an is based on reality instead of fairytales...

How can you state that The Koran isbased on reality if you don't believe in God.
The whole basis of The Koran in it's role within Islam is that it is the word of God (Allah).

If God doesn't exist then The Koran can not be based on reality.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

Originally posted by Freeborn

The Koran was dictated to Mohammed by The Angel Gabriel whose very exiistence relies on there being a God!!

Not if Gabriel was an ancient astronaut.

But allegedly The Koran has not been changed or altered and is as dictated by Mohammed himself.
And it clearly states that Gabriel is an Angel Of God.

So, either The Koran is a complete crock and can not be relied on as a source for anything or Gabriel was an Angel and not an astronaut.

Or did Mohammed misinterpret what Gabriel relayed to him?

Rest assured I am more than familiar with Ancient Astronaut theories, I just can't reconcile the use of The Koran as a source whilst it is still revered as 'The Word Of God'.

It simply can not be both!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Freeborn

God and fairy tales do not exist, technology and science does exist,

That's funny because when I was 13 I prayed for God to take me away from this horrible place and bring me up to him. I cried for an hour uncontrollably at how horrible the world is and then I shook and felt like I Was dying and in last hope desperation said Jesus help me and on the word Jesus, a star fell from the day sky and became 3. The stars or what you wold call UFOs. One of which claimed to be Raphael. Therefore God is connected somehow to UFOs, or a deception is being perpetrated in Gods name.
edit on 22-3-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join