It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud and Contrail Bursting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I experimented with cloud bursting today, since I had watched "the Men who stare at Goats" last night. George Clooney played a guy who stared at a cloud and evaporated it away. I could relate to this though I didn't know it had a term for it, cloud bursting. I used to watch the wispy edges of clouds sometimes as they dissolved, and sometimes I would imagine I could make them dissolve faster than they normally would. Strange thing is it seemed to work most of the time. I just haven't done it in a long while, and I never tried it on a whole cloud.

Since the day turned mostly overcast, there really wasn't a singular cloud to attempt this with. So I instead focused on sections of the overcast sky, and it seemed I had some sucess in clearing out patches from the cloud to reveal some blue sky. I'm not saying this is proof that cloud bursting works, but it seemed like it was working for me.

Now for the airplane contrails. I noticed several planes making contrails that were lingering in the sky, you know the stream of vapor planes leave behind as they travel. So I focus on some sections of contrail but they seem harder to dissolve. Plus I was looking at them through less dense lower cloud cover so maybe the lower clouds were interfering.

Something really interesting happened though when I focused on the contrail as it formed right behind the plane's engines. The contrail did not form like it normally did, but it was all clumpy like. Then I focused back on the long section of the contrail itself and it disolved before my eyes in like a minute. The east part of the contrail was still there, undisolved. Then the middle part was totally gone, dissapated. Then in the west it picked back up again where the plane was.... amazing!

I'd be interested to hear other members cloud bursting experiments.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I had heard of this, and tried it myself one day...
the only problem was - I couldn't figure out whether perhaps in the amount of time it took staring at the cloud it would have naturally dissipated in that spot anyway?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You should read the book of "Men Who Stare at Goats," it's good stuff. The movie fictionalizes much of it, but without really inventing anything major. Most of the craziest stuff in the movie is apparently quite true. The book is a work of journalism, not fiction - though maybe the stuff people were telling the author was fiction - he leaves that up in the air, but whatever the case, it's darn fascinating.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Ok, I will keep that book in mind.
Cheers!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
it's called the visual ray

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Care to elaborate a little more on this?
Sounds intriguing...?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Nice long thread here about cloud busting. I believe it can be done. I've done it.

Hope the link works, I've forgotten how to do this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Thanks!

Indeed I have no doubt this works, however I do have qualms about disturbing what I believe to be elementals/sylphs already at work or play in the atmosphere and whether it's interfering with their plans...

Perhaps it doesn't matter, perhaps they don't exist, it's just something I wonder about though.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I can make clouds move whilst holding the book Harry Potter and the goblet of fire

Because I haven't tried to without the book in my hand the (il)logical explanation must mean the book and I, when together have magical cloud moving powers.

I also can make birds fly, pennys drop and cows moo.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Interesting... I may just have to try that! =P
Will any book do or must it be 'Harry Potter'?

new topics

top topics

join