It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those smater than a "GOD" of any religion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
How do you explain anything? Even from us coming from monkeys, who created monkeys?

Who created anything??? blueberry muffins dont just appear on my kitchen table....somebody had to make them. This in turn requires something to grow the blue berries etc, and so on and so forth....

So how does it all happen without a "creator".....

Im very curious.... other wise things like raining $100 dollar bills would be not out of the normal...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There is no explanation. We simply do not know. I would say there is a more mysterious nature of the universe then we give credit for. Once we see/receive ET contact, I will be a believer of a universal consciousness 100%, because then we would know life is a natural occurring phenomenon in the universe. Until then all I will so is just speculate at best. For people who think they explain the universe, are just arrogant an ignorant. I am all for atheism, i have no problem with people not believing in anything. It is the people who push there beliefs on other people. They are no better than the hardcore Christians/Muslims. I am talking to you Dawkins. Also I would like to also say, (this does not apply to everyone). But it also seems like certain atheists strive on there beliefs because of their insecurities. I know tons of atheists who do not believe in a god because they do not agree with the bible. That does not mean there is no god. What am I am trying to say is that, there is no explanation. We do not know.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Do you want a history of our solar system and how all the things on earth were infact born from cosmic dust?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I think he wants, an explanation of what a singularity is.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
To create blueberry muffins, you must first create the baker. Who created him?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Life is a result of the right conditions. The question you would keep going back to would be who created the creator or does there need to be a creator for existence or is existence infinite and just is....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
See this is what I hate. We do not know. Atleast if we knew there was something or nothing then we can accept our fate.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by hippomchippo

I think he wants, an explanation of what a singularity is.

Here's something that might help him out then.
curious.astro.cornell.edu...
But if he wants to know what the singularity looked like, he's out of luck, as we don't have the technological capabilities yet.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If someone created the muffins on my table someone must have created god.

Raining $100 dollar bills is stupid .. it would take something supernatural (ie:God) to make something so ridiculous to happen.

Man is the creator of a a $100 bill, Money does not grow on trees. Some berries do.

Big Bang, Abiogenesis, Evolution maybe you heard of them ?

Seriously I am not going to spend the next 6 days trying to explain this to someone who obviously has there mind set.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Man I love your avatar haha.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

If someone created the muffins on my table someone must have created god.

Thats exactly what i said in my last post...and to all these creationist nuts who think god doesn't need to be created.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hi, i understand what you mean, im also curious about things like that.

Humans always want an answer to a question, we are too curious, if we dont have an answer then we make up theories. and thats what you should leave it at. NO ONE knows how we got here or what created everything, and we answer god. we shouldnt accept theory as the truth if there is no concrete evidence.

now tell me what evidence is there of a "god", by god i mean the idealistic view of a man who looks over everyone, is benevolent and loves everyone? if that was the truth then:

we would have proof...one big proof lets say would be peace. where do you see peace? religion itself is the biggest cause of violence, not that it is bad..but people always want to impose their beliefs on other people. now if god was there, would he let any of the things happening ( and believe me..th things happening in the world right now and that which have happened in the past cannot be explained in words) take place?

we base god on a certain biased point of view and put that as to be the sole truth. god created man, adam and eve or whatever...

how about this, god can be atoms right...because they make up EVERY single thing on this planet..from the air to the soil to you, to the earth to space. they are always there...they are what make you up. if there were no atoms..you wouldnt be.

or god can be that feeling inside of you when you help someone on the street...that feeling you did good.

anyway..my point is, NO ONE KNOWS how the universe was created, how we were created or how animals were. even if aliens landed they wouldnt know what and how exactly EVERYTHING that was ever there, time and space was created or started.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Intelligent Design followers are sheep they read these questions like "This watch looks like it had a designer, I know a watchmaker created it, Life looks designed therefore there is a creator." and spew them out every chance they get.

But feel they don't have to give a legitimate answer when asked the same.

Science may never be 100% sure on these questions but we no enough now to no believe in a bronze age myth that just does not make any sense at all.

Just because we don't know everything does not mean it is okay and say "God did it".

It completely blows my mind how much we know about life in our universe yet people still believe the crazyest # ever written.

(sorry really no other way to put it)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A compulsion to 'explain' things suggests some discomfort or at least a curiosity about things.
Curiosity implies one thinks there is some hidden &/or ulterior operation to be discovered.

These aren't 'bad' things necessarily,

But where is it requisite that we 'explain' things to quell our anxieties?

Maybe you should try to calm your anxieties first.

Let the slow wash of experience flow past you. You are more likely to come up with a comprehensive, gestalt 'explanation', sense or impression that is more masterful & useful, than compulsive, thrashing for instant 'explanations' will get you.

Bring grace to one's understandings & one will probably have better understandings.
Your understanding will be inclusionist of a broader, greater experience rather than exclusionist.
Try masterful & contemplative, rather than jerky & reflexive.

That is not to say one shouldn't take one's understandings out & see how & if the rubber hits the road properly with experimentation/experience.

Reality is part of a continuum that will forever be unfolding through time, & to demand absolute, conclusive understanding in this instant, sounds like you want [need?] termination of the Universe here & now.

Conclusions, conclusive understanding is by definition terminal.

Time however would seem & many of us would hope is NOT terminal.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by slank]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

What is your belief of a god? Who says you are not god experiencing itself though the universe? I believe the god of religion is ridiculous. But you cannot rule out everything, because that is illogical. We have to take everything into consideration and study it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

Yummy Muffins. Reminds me of professional Creationist Ray Comfort with his coke can analogy

Look if you studied the muffins you would find out who baked them, or you might discover the box the blueberries were in and on it might be an address of a local supermarket. You go to the market and ask the manager where the store gets its supply of blue berries and then BAM.

You cannot compare something which we know and have proof that it is designed to something that we have no such proof for. We've been studying this Universe for only a little while and in that time we've seen no direct evidence that its got a Creator or God. That doesn't mean there is no God, it just means if there is one he/she/it leaves no trace and is very stealthy.

As for life getting its start that's a tough question to answer. It might have been carried here on an asteroid or space rock (panspermia) and then evolved from there. Or it might have come about when complex replicating molecules, proteins and amino acids reached a level of organization that we would call life (abiogenesis) and then evolved from there. One thing is for sure, Evolution is definitely taking place.

As for the entire Universe, well no one really knows about that. But then again think that we've only had good science for maybe two centuries, we've only had civilization for 10,000 years and the Universe, by all calculations, is 14 Billion years old... so you can see how its a difficult question to answer at this stage.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

Short version

The History of the Universe in 200 Words or Less
(by Eric Schulman, National Radio Astronomy Observatory, Charlottesville, Virginia)
Quantum fluctuation. Inflation. Expansion. Strong nuclear interaction. Particle-antiparticle annihilation. Deuterium and helium production. Density perturbations. Recombination. Blackbody radiation. Local contraction. Cluster formation. Reionization? Violent relaxation. Virialization. Biased galaxy formation? Turbulent fragmentation. Contraction. Ionization. Compression. Opaque hydrogen. Massive star formation. Deuterium ignition. Hydrogen fusion. Hydrogen depletion. Core contraction. Envelope expansion. Helium fusion. Carbon, oxygen, and silicon fusion. Iron production. Implosion. Supernova explosion. Metals injection. Star formation. Supernova explosions. Star formation. Condensation. Planetesimal accretion. Planetary differentiation. Crust solidification. Volatile gas expulsion. Water condensation. Water dissociation. Ozone production. Ultraviolet absorption. Photosynthetic unicellular organisms. Oxidation. Mutation. Natural selection and evolution. Respiration. Cell differentiation. Sexual reproduction. Fossilization. Land exploration. Dinosaur extinction. Mammal expansion. Glaciation. Homo sapiens manifestation. Animal domestication. Food surplus production. Civilization! Innovation. Exploration. Religion. Warring nations. Empire creation and destruction. Exploration. Colonization. Taxation without representation. Revolution. Constitution. Election. Expansion. Industrialization. Rebellion. Emancipation Proclamation. Invention. Mass production. Urbanization. Immigration. World conflagration. League of Nations. Suffrage extension. Depression. World conflagration. Fission explosions. United Nations. Space exploration. Assassinations. Lunar excursions. Resignation. Computerization. World Trade Organization. Terrorism. Internet expansion. Reunification. Dissolution. World-Wide Web creation. Composition. Extrapolation?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Is it like you learn a bigger truth by non-intention than a smaller truth one may learn by intention?

but you learn it slower, & it is fuzzier, & it is never complete?
you sense it more than know it?

The oblique tack as an alternative to the direct immediate tack.

Maybe you always need some of both? Never one to the exclusion of the other?
One motivates the other, but without the other there is nothing to animate/motivate?

The discrete/rational must always bridge to the fractal/real? And we are forever hopscotching between the themes?

maybe, or not.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by nophun

What is your belief of a god? Who says you are not god experiencing itself though the universe? I believe the god of religion is ridiculous. But you cannot rule out everything, because that is illogical. We have to take everything into consideration and study it.

Obviously I cannot rule everything out. I cannot completely disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Russell's teapot, This does not mean I believe in them or anyone should.

Even thinking that some kind of unknown creator is not very logical way to think IMO. I am not against the idea if evidence to shown to prove the idea.

That said I am completely fine if science never answers these questions. I do not have the need to fill in the blanks with a known god or unknown creator.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
How do you explain anything? Even from us coming from monkeys, who created monkeys?

Who created anything??? blueberry muffins dont just appear on my kitchen table....somebody had to make them. This in turn requires something to grow the blue berries etc, and so on and so forth....

So how does it all happen without a "creator".....

Im very curious.... other wise things like raining $100 dollar bills would be not out of the normal...

Atheists don't claim to know where everything came from. Only the religious do that.
And that doesn't mean they are obligated to explain the origin of the universe.
They know that the bible and other religious texts are filled with contradictions and circular logic and as such, cannot be taken seriously.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join