It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Satan seem cool and God seem like a jerk?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
be awesome after the tribulation when Jesus come's and whoops satans behind

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneExplorer

Hahahahaha!
Oh wow...you are just so blind and willfully ignorant.
Did I say I was polite?
No, but I am a gentleman...it even says so in my title.
And, once again, you have nothing of any real value to offer other than lame potshots and a misguided sense of moral superiority.
So, out of curiosity...what do you do for a living?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Good point, atleast Satans Door is always open, imaging if he became picky and choosy, we'll truly be lost, thrown into the recycle bin

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Beware mr. hot urinal, youre starting to THINK !

ALL "gods" and "devils" are Mental constructs of Proposed "sources" to both your Internal thoughts and External world events, and because of that Cognitive fact ALONE, they are Distractions from Existential Actions by YOU. forget what the homosexual butcher of earth ("god" even more than "the devil") thinks, just Decide what YOU think about >your own< Actions. Forget about "the worlds going to explode", just concentrate on what You are going to do today, within your Limits. yes youre gonna die, as will all Fully healthy olympic athletes, so what ? get on with TODAY for the sake of you AND your friends /family. Religion (submission to proposed "sources") is DANGEROUS (mentally unstabilising, for Active Engram reasons), Buddhism (not tibetan) is much safer. dont think, DO !!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Cause and effect, do you forget the reasons why God did what he did? The entire land was abominable and rejected Him and His will, but rather worshipped pagan idols and the stars - worshipping the created rather than the Creator.

He sent his son to give us freedom, in that the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the holy spirit - being rejecting that gift of His sacrifice so that there is no other option but for one to goto hell with their sin.

For no apparent reason? The reasons is because the sin of humanity as a whole reached far up into the heavens, and unfortunately the world is heading that way as the new thing is to not only condone sin, but to turn ones' head to it and accept it as 'good' or 'okay'.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

That view of Satan is based on assumptions and not anything biblical.

I did notice your disclaimer that certain Christians think that.

Thats the issue. So many assume things about the Bible, some Christians are pretty bad about it.

Biblically, the Satan comes off as Janet Reno on steroids. His role is as chief prosecutor and procurator. He is the Nemesis of humanity.

A better way to put it: Imagine the head of the Inquisition, the Gestapo, and the Revolutionary Guard Corps roled into one.

One of the differences between G-d and Satan is that G-d is merciful.
Satan has no mercy.

In the Christian or New testament, Satan is still part of the same power structure referenced in the Book of Job. In Job he travels back and forth from the Heavens to Earth with the Bnai Elohim. They appear to have two primary functions. One is a tyrannical structure best described as a secret police. The second role appears to be as Wardens.

Satan is at the top of this power structure of wardens and agents, referred to as the Prince of the Powers of the Aer or Heavens. The Tyrannical Wardens and the agents are referred to as "Powers and Principalities". The early Christians understood the concept quite well and knew they struggled against forces that operated in the heavens.

The Book of Daniel explains that of the Angels, only Gabriel and Michael fight for humanity. In Daniel, the angel Gabriel has to struggle to reach Daniel after being held against his will by a number of Wardens. He is only able to reach Daniel after Michael intervenes. The "Angel" of the L-rd is implied to be the Chief Advocate or defense against Satan in the heavenly court, but it should be noted that the "Angel" of the L-rd is a very different concept/being than Michael or Gabriel.

In the end he doesn't come off as cool or Promethean. He lacks the compassion, the mercy or love that G-d has. He is Judgement without mercy, Discipline without love, and Authority without compassion.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by orionthehunter
hmmm, maybe it's because you're listening to Satan and not God.

here's the way I associate things'
Satan
have sex with hot girl but get STD's
you suffer
God
have sex with no std's, might require committment from both partners
you don't suffer

Satan
drink to your heart's content but go out and wreck your car or kill someone
you or someone else suffers
God
drink but in moderation
no harm done to anyone. In fact a couple drinks may help your heart.

That's kind of how I see it. It's a trick. If you follow the ways of Satan, it will seem fun at first but soon you will have an STD, backstab your friends and be in prison - all the while blaming the girl, your friends and the police. Things only get worse from there, as none of your friends in prison trust you, you don't trust them, even Satan turns on you once you don't have anything to offer him anymore and he's taken it all from you.

seriously, if either of you two end up ever having sex then you'll find out ugly girls have STD's too. also that train of thought is hilarious

1. get std from a 'hot' girl.
2. backstab your friends
3. end up in prison
4. even satan flips you off when he sees you
5. ?
6. profit

this thread is goin to be hilarious.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
One of the differences between G-d and Satan is that G-d is merciful.
Satan has no mercy.

If this is true... then I look at my country in war with Afghanistan and Iraq and here at home on a plant (supposedly given to us by god... google kaneh bosm)... and there is no other answer than god checked out of Hotel Earth a long, long time ago.

The deity watching over this planet isn't merciful, I know that!

What deity really lets men who swear oaths to him (catholic priests) sexually assault little boys? A merciful one?? heh...

What sort of merciful deity lets the U.S. drop 2 nuclear bombs on Japan?

What sort of merciful deity allows genocide to take place all over the world?

What sort of merciful deity allows us to quote "him" (supposedly) on war briefings, the same war briefings that are laying out plan of attack that will kill innocent women and children?

What kind of merciful deity comes down to smite Sodom and Gomorrah for what they had done... but then goes on to ignore the crusades, the raping and pillaging of the American continents, the world wars, and hasn't been seen since, and if you think you've seen/spoke to him you will most likely end up in a looney bin?

hmmm...

... you gotta lotta 'splainin to do!!!!

I do see what you were doing there OP... kinda funny... but in the 'Uh oh.. faux news viewers are going to get maaaaad" kind of way
It's not the OPs fault that the viewership of Faux News is overwhelmingly Christian, overwhelmingly gullible, and overwhelmingly sensitive .. he's just observant.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
ahhh, i could quote almost every post in this thread and be such a smartass. i'm done though, i'm just gonna lurk. i don't do "religious forum debates". THAT is hell.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

A deity that gives humans free will, for good or bad.

Would you prefer a god that allows no free will, rules as a tyrant, and manages the planet like a prison?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
It seems that as some Christians (and members of other religions for that matter) paint the World, God comes across like a total jerk and Satan seems like a cool guy.

As Certain Christians see it:

Satan will offer you a beer, God will take your beer away.

Satan will get your girlfriend to try sexy outfits and acrobatic sexual acts, God is a c---blocker.

Satan wants the poor to get health care, God does not want to jeopardize health insurance companies' profits.

Satan wants the US to stop bombing other countries for no good reason, God wants the US to bomb more countries.

Satan likes: the Beattles, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Dr. Dre, Nirvana, Ice Cube, and Ozzy Osborne. God likes Christian Rap.

Satan likes: NPR, CNN, and the Economist. God likes Fox News.

Satan is okay with gay dudes. God says he hates gay dudes, but he turns tricks with male prostitutes in bathrooms.

Satan says the world as we know it is in peril unless we stop polluting. God says we should keep on polluting and scientists are full of s---.

Satan thinks that every country matters. God is an American and thinks only America matters.

My answer is quite simple. Because Yahweh actually is a jerk and Satan actually is the "good guy."

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
For the same reasons your friends in high school seemed cool and your dad seemed like a jerk. I assure you that as you mature, your views will too...and you will realize that neither your dad nor God is a jerk.

In fact, you quickly find they weren't as dumb as you thought, and the older you get...the less you are so sure of....LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
LOL @ the fuggery...........You live in a world rulled by satan, so of course you are acustom to enjoying his ways. Funny thing is you cannot even sense the TRUE gifts GOD has to offer like:

GOD offers eternal life
Satan offers temp life and mabey a new flesh body to rejuvinate within every couple thousand years

Satan will give you a beer LMAO to make you fat so your wifey will lose interest in you LOL
GOD will give you the ability to exist without pain and sadness eliminating the need to drink liqure to drown you issues within

Satan will give you a bunch of dirty femals
GOD will align you with your soul mate

Satan cannot give you the entire picture
GOD will reveal it all to his followers

AGAIN lol @ this fuggery

[edit on 4/23/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I applaud the original poster for a very cleverly worded attack on loony religious types, who are as crazy as they are misled.

Stand by for the wrath of the God squad.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
as a christian, i want to offer my insights

Satan will offer you a beer, God will take your beer away.

actually, god would say, enjoy the beer, just dont get drunk. (rom 13:13; 1 cor 5:11; 1 cor 6:10; gal 5:21; eph 5:18)

what are some possible consequences of being drunk?

- loss of inhibition
- unwanted sex
- embarrasing situations
- possible loss of life (if drunk drives a car)
- financial problems
- emotional stress for the family
- loss of health
- early death

which do you think cares about you and your safety more, satan or god?

Satan will get your girlfriend to try sexy outfits and acrobatic sexual acts, God is a c---blocker.

actually, God made sex enjoyable and allows freedom to express your sexuality... with your mate. (acts 15:20; rom 1:29; 1 cor 5:11; 1 cor 6:18)

what are some possible consequences of premarital sex and adultery?

- unwanted pregnancy
- STDs (alot of which would be nonexistant is everyone only had sex with thier mate)
- emotional stress (anyone who has ever been cheated on can attest to that)
- loss of respect (promiscous women are often called "whores" and "sluts")

so which cares about you more? satan or god?

Satan wants the poor to get health care, God does not want to jeopardize health insurance companies' profits.

im not sure were you get this conclusion, unless you are assuming satan is backing obama and god is backing the republicans. unfortunatley, none of this is biblical. if you are referencing churchs, i will say that i doubt god supports a bloodthirsty organization such as the church.

god does say about healthcare (speaking of what God's kingdom (not worldly governments like the US) will do in the future) -

isa 35:[6] Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

Satan wants the US to stop bombing other countries for no good reason, God wants the US to bomb more countries.

Satan, not God, dictates political policy

2 cor 4:[4] In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

before, we saw that satan really doesnt care about us nor our safety, is it surprising that this world is wrecked with war?

what will god do about it?

isa 2:[3] And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
[4] And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
[5] O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

God wont accomplish this through man made government such as the UN. he will accomplish this through HIS government

daniel 2:[44] And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

so which do you think is more concerned about our welfare?

Satan likes: the Beattles, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Dr. Dre, Nirvana, Ice Cube, and Ozzy Osborne. God likes Christian Rap.

i didnt know god hated the beatles!?!?!?!

Satan likes: NPR, CNN, and the Economist. God likes Fox News.

never watched any of them

Satan is okay with gay dudes. God says he hates gay dudes, but he turns tricks with male prostitutes in bathrooms.

Satan says the world as we know it is in peril unless we stop polluting. God says we should keep on polluting and scientists are full of s---.

Satan thinks that every country matters. God is an American and thinks only America matters.

ok, these im sure are direct references to people who "claim" to be christian. despite what some christians say about salvation, it doesnt work that way, sorry

matt 7: [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord,(only professed christians cry "lord, lord") shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

how can we tell the difference between a true christian and a false?

verse 20 of the same chapter
[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

satan does not care about us. he doesnt care if we suffer or not. if a christian displays the same attitude as satan, is he really of god?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
"Satan" and "God" are, at best the same thing. The people viewing God as vengeful, depriving are really talking about a different angle on the same entity as the devil. Because the founders of faiths like Christianity, Hindi, Islam, Zoroaster and the other social religions, had only access to regions slightly above this plane of existence, what they worshiped and their faith consequently worship, is limited to beings within the realms of matter. Those entities can be benevolent to the extent it serves their self-interest but no more. Entities like the Devil/God have no access to the spirits true home and always work to undermine any genuine attempt to leave the material regions. Impulses to give the beer and deny the beer are also coming from organized manipulations of the Jesuits who have created such institution as the Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses. The True Supreme Being does not "Deny" you the beer but the outward tendency and effects of alcohol are not conducive to true spiritual practice any more than eating meat is. You can do as you like but at the point where you are fed up with the world you naturally need to abandon those facilities that would continue to chain you to it

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This thread is brilliant! Deny Ignorance. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

To Matthew Dark, your posts are absolutely brilliant.

To the "God-fearing," I ask you this. Is Satan not the Deceiver? If the followers of Christ support war, less health care, the death penalty, The Church of Child Raping, etc., then should they not ask themselves, "Who is this that we worship?" Might it just be possible you have been deceived?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
This thread is brilliant! Deny Ignorance. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

To Matthew Dark, your posts are absolutely brilliant.

To the "God-fearing," I ask you this. Is Satan not the Deceiver? If the followers of Christ support war, less health care, the death penalty, The Church of Child Raping, etc., then should they not ask themselves, "Who is this that we worship?" Might it just be possible you have been deceived?

First TRUE FOLLOWERS OF THE LAMB are not anything you posted above and are not limited to religion names segragation methods. They will be picked from ever nationality-race-gener-RELIGION for he loves the fools even thoses who dont know they are being foolish. Keep trying to make the LAMB EVIL AND evil will approach all from the bottom of your feet, LMAO

ohh AND watch your feet LOL

[edit on 4/23/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

u pretty much said it right there buddy, i can't think of anything else to add that hasn't been said.....wait i got something - has satan ever sent anyone to war, killed anyone (his own son?) or allowed such atrocities to be committed? this is a damn good thread....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I always thought of these 3 assumptions of God,that people based their beliefs on.

1. God Exists
2. God Has some control on you.
3.God is entirely good.

Being an atheist,I normally would not really care into such things but I have always wondered if God started becoming insane and evil mid way through creation and Lucifer(I am assuming Lucifer and Satan are the same entity for now,some gnostic Christians don't believe so ,but anyways) being the Morning Star etc etc, realized the insanity of God and decided to rebel against him but tragically lost the battle.

Would make an awesome book or movie eh?

Also,the Yazidi believe in a somewhat similar notion.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the Yazidi belief system, God created the world and it is now in the care of a Heptad of seven Holy Beings, often known as Angels or heft sirr (the Seven Mysteries). Preeminent among these is Tawûsê Melek (frequently known as "Melek Tawus" in English publications), the Peacock Angel. According to the Encyclopedia of the Orient, The reason for the Yazidis reputation of being devil worshipers is connected to the other name of Melek Taus, Shaytan, the same name the Koran has for Satan.[14]

Furthermore, the Yazidi story regarding Tawûsê Melek's rise to favor with God is almost identical to the story of the jinn Iblis in Islam, except that Yazidis revere Tawûsê Melek for refusing to submit to Adam, while Muslims believe that Iblis' refusal to submit caused him to fall out of Grace with God, and to later become Satan himself.[15]

Tawûsê Melek is often identified by Muslims and Christians with Shaitan (Satan). Yazidis, however, believe Tawûsê Melek is not a source of evil or wickedness. They consider him to be the leader of the archangels, not a fallen angel. They also hold that the source of evil is in the heart and spirit of humans themselves, not in Tawûsê Melek. The active forces in their religion are Tawûsê Melek and Sheik Adî.

Belief is all based on faith and/or assumption.As we do not have definite proof of God's or Satan's existence,we also not have have definite proof on whom is really good or evil.

If there is truly a good and sane God,he would not succumb to man's notions and limitations of what truly is perfection.I feel as long you have fun,help others and try not be a general menace to society,He would understand.

If he does not,and wants constant praise,then He is not a perfect God and I do not have to worry,because I know He is limited in that capacity.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by einherjar]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join