It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Satan seem cool and God seem like a jerk?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Here's why, the bible is full of half-truths.

The roles of God and Satan should be reversed.

The truth (just my opinion here) is that Lucifer either got the idea in his head (or someone gave him the idea) that there was a better way to reduce suffering among life forms and he asked God or talked to god - Lucifer said sometimes beings through freewill make poor choices and that causes suffering so there must be a superior way to improve life. God maintained that freewill was the only way and Lucifer must have disagreed and God said, "well, then you try your way and see how quickly things go south."

Basically the planet we live on now is the result of Lucifer's experiment gone bad. Lucifer now realizes God was right all along. Jesus was Lucifer - it was just his human form (and birth name) telling us the truth and the churches and organized religion buried that truth 2 thousand years ago. The bankers too, they are part of the power structure that seeks to control humanity.

Jesus/Lucifer is walking the earth right now, just under a different name and we should all find paradise soon - Lucifer has been taught a lesson and by none other than the greatest teacher in existence - God.

Have hope - things are about to get better.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Why does Satan seem cool and God seem like a jerk?

For the same reason you cursed your mother when you were a child for not letting you eat candy for dinner and run with scissors. When you became an adult you understood the wisdom in your mothers guidance....something you couldn't see when you were a child.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
thats cause youve never met with a god like being and you never are likely to.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

Satan
lies and deceives you
you suffer forever in hell
God
the truth will set you free
You enjoy not living a lie.

What seems cool is only one's perspective.
My two cents.

But, Satan also wanted you to have knowledge of the world, God wanted you to be in the dark and be ignorant.
soo......

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Originally posted by Northwarden
Greetings Matthew Dark.

Do you think such utopias will really last forever? Will there not be a point of answering for the injustices we have committed in our life? Thank you for taking your side though, I respect the courage to do so. But how can a cold austerity ever replace a warm smile?

...innocence can be rewon. Virtue is its own reward, and is reward enough.

Well hello there and thank you for the warm greetings.
Well, to be perfectly fair, I never mentioned a utopian society, I was just illustrating a point.
Personally, I don't believe in heaven or hell.
Now, I haven't committed any real injustices to speak of.
Never killed anyone.
Never raped anyone.
Never hurt a child.
Never hurt an animal (I'm a strict veggie).
I am, however, a behavioral health worker dedicated to easing the pains associated with severe mental illness.
And...I'm a dedicated nursing student.

Yes, I drink, I smoke, I have sex (with my beautiful, smart, sexy, law-student, animal rights activist girlfriend), I am naturally rebellious, I am filled with rage and I have a lot of hatred inside me.
By the average fundamentalist christian standards, I am exactly how your god made me.
So, I accept my nature, regardless of where it came from and I don't have to take anything on faith because it's not in my nature.
So, for people who walk a different path to try to force their beliefs on me...to condemn me to some awful afterlife that I don't believe in just because I'm different than them (even though I live a fairly good life) says more about the nature of their character than my own.
That is just wrong, and no one can convince me otherwise.
So, if people like that are truly representative of that god, then I will personally lead the rebellion and topple his oppressive empire...as he only has the power that people give up and transfer to him.
I refuse to give up my power, however massive or minute it may be...it's mine and mine alone.
Humans delude themselves into believing that they really matter in the grand scheme of things, that the universe somehow needs them.
It simply isn't so.
Humans have developed religions that place themselves at the center of the universe and elevated their importance as though what happens to us will cause a ripple effect through out all existence.
We'll all be dead one day, and no one will even notice.
We are a fleeting moment in time...a tiny, tiny drop in an infinite ocean.
We only matter to one another, to us.
We are important only to each other, and that is all.
I don't need to have the fate of the universe resting on my shoulders, I don't need a god to fear...or tell me how to act.
I will do as I please, because I know right from wrong.
I matter to the people who love me, and that is enough.
I care nothing for the god that causes people to live in fear, to cower in the corner for fear of reprisal should they displease their master.
I have no master, I don't need your god.
Okay, I believe I've eaten up enough space for my reply.
I'm gonna go make another cup of tea, smoke a cigarette and eat some nutterbutters.

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!!!!!!!!

I cannot applaud this post enough!!!!

VERY WELL SAID

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky

Originally posted by orionthehunter

Satan
lies and deceives you
you suffer forever in hell
God
the truth will set you free
You enjoy not living a lie.

What seems cool is only one's perspective.
My two cents.

But, Satan also wanted you to have knowledge of the world, God wanted you to be in the dark and be ignorant.
soo......

EXACTLY!!!

As a child, I could remember being in church and listening to the story about Adam and Eve, and the talking snake and wondered, "Satan wants humans to be smart and not afraid of the tyrant God, and God gets mad at Satan for enlightening humanity....and wants us to continue to fear him......Gee, who really is the bad guy here?"
edit on 22-2-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i see that you are very dissapointed to god. first, why do god wants to bomb other countries? if he's the creator, why does he want to bomb his own err.. very own creations? then, it seems that you only predicted what you posted. then how do you say that god only thinks america? is it because you are not an american? then why does all things happening in our lives is somtimes good?
you say that satan thinks of the whole wide world? not!

please be not offended on what i have posted.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
They are both figments of ancient mans imagination. Some of us decided that what uneducated,backward pre industrial humans believed in was worth staking their after lives on. OR maybe Satan has decieved us into believing he is god and the cool guy is the devil while the oposite is true. I mean the gods of the middle east are murderors. Seems a petty and trivial pursuit for the creator of all things.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Excellent question. The devil does get lots of sympathy.

OK - I just love the song.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

well that is because god and satan are the same entity and thats even a christian look at not some crazy idea as some christians don't like to accept the fact that god is satan. there was nothing but god and then there was an expanding univers the christians believe god created everything so that would mean he created satan. because there was nothing but god everything has to be god that god created.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join