It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Satan seem cool and God seem like a jerk?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by orionthehunter

You seem to be a person that believes in common sense and moderation, qualities that cannot be found in religious fanatics.

Left-wing fanatics have somehow got it in their head that everyone who follows a religion is a fanatic.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
[edit on 22-4-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by DOADOA

Originally posted by 911stinks
Do you have kids?

I am a father to my kids. They don't always like me, but they respect me. And they're turning out just fine.

Don't always have to agree with God, but do respect Him, or He can make your life hell.

really? i thought god gave us free will so we can do whatever the hell we want without him interfering? so which is it? is he going to make my life hell or is he going to wait til i die?

You'll make your own life hell with your own unhealthy choices.

really? just a few minutes ago it was god who would make my life hell and now i'm going to do it? make up your mind.

Well, that's the way I look at it. Maybe you got confused between what I quoted and what I posted.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Originally posted by LoneExplorer
The more I read about the relentless attacks on God, the more I know we are closer to end times.

Satan is playing you and you think he is cool ?

PS read Revelation, they describe you in there. It might open your eyes.

Um, no.
PS...learn to think for yourself.

Learn to think for yourself? Is that not blasphemous? That makes me think of Nietzsche, I'm mortified by the fact that you would even believe that you are actually think that you think for yourself. There are two sides...good and evil, we are controlled by one of the two. And if you're controlled by one of the two, then that means your inspirations and aspirations are coming from either God or satan....here's a quote by Nietzsche in which I hope you can discern...

'God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?'

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I did not read the post but all I know is that God made the devil, so... idk, the devil seems to be as bad as the devil except the devil seems to be the fall guy ever since the new testament came along...

DO you know what I am say?

There seemed to have beeen more the on momolithic God and that should be impossible, unless God lears. That should be not possible seeing how God should be infinte in power and knowledge...

Either way I am going to be freaked when I die because God is the # while I am just a human that is not going to be able to live over the age of 80 while God is more then infite atleast, yet somehow he learned in the course of our short amout of time that is human history. Yet we still blindly follow and I am still nervous about death eve though I imagine, a gift from the God human think they know.

God is so much more, I presume, then any funkers could have imagined giveing me doubt all my life while people follow with a blind faith leaving me confused and scared of what is after death, even though I was "blessed" with imagination, a thing given from whom ever created us, Humans. but do not think or else, yet I do cause I am a idiot!!! I mean geez I could burn in hell yet I still think these thoughts even though I wish I could just believe in any religion. There are many but yet I still have not belief power that would let me blend in with the rest of socity, instead I tick more tock towards death w/o a savior.

Does this make me bad or does this make me less gulible even though I am the most gulible t those that speak but not to imagination cause I be tricked by imagineation to much through my life, a thing given to me by the Mono God. a thing I believe in even though... nm that is between me a the great GOD a beinging that has more power then the best imaginator then any human on Earth making all the storys of the past about him CHILDSPLAY!!!!

but what do I know, they all seem one to me cause me to make dumb-asss descision like e-mailing the devil of Earth while others follow such evil for Greed and bull#.

Tomorrow makes me cringe and it seems like nobody cares for music!!! ahahhahahaa

It means something humans!!! I am human too of course but I did my best even though it wasn't much cause I am not a blind liar in the name of bull# like everyone else seems to be.

I just live, live like what is given by the almighty. Is this bad?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Historymajor

Ugh...that is such dark-ages thinking...I'm not sure whether to be astounded or disgusted.
Good and evil are not aspects of nature, they're human-made constructs...and outdated concepts at that.
Your black and white view is sad, and primitive...and...just...sad.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Ugh...that is such dark-ages thinking...I'm not sure whether to be astounded or disgusted.
Good and evil are not aspects of nature, they're human-made constructs...and outdated concepts at that.
Your black and white view is sad, and primitive...and...just...sad.

I respect your opinion sir, but obviously I don't agree. How is the idea of good and evil human man constructs? We all know when we do something bad...we feel it. So if one were to walk up to an innocent person tomorrow and blow their brains out for now reason at all, is that good or evil? Should man just be able to do whatever he pleases? Why do we have a conscious? Why would our creator give us such a thing? Religion and philosophy has always been obsessed with good and evil. So you're basically saying some of the greatest minds...such as Aristotle, Locke, Voltaire...to name a few had it all wrong? I apologize for the rhetorical questions...but seriously, you can't be serious!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
@ Matthew Dark (Gentleman Devil / Evilutionist / Member) !!!!!!

You sound like you are full of yourself.

Why bother talking about Satan if you don't believe in God.

Your self importance shows.

As I said you might want to read a certain book, before you feel so certain.

Satan has tricked you all, and it was easy for him. (as has been written)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneExplorer
@ Matthew Dark (Gentleman Devil / Evilutionist / Member) !!!!!!

You sound like you are full of yourself.

Why bother talking about Satan if you don't believe in God.

Your self importance shows.

As I said you might want to read a certain book, before you feel so certain.

Satan has tricked you all, and it was easy for him. (as has been written)

I totally agree with you! Its obvious that satan and his evil forces are hard at work, but the good shall prevail, and God will definitely remain on top. Satan has either convinced the world that he nor God exists, or he has convinced these guys to keep the wool veil over their eyes. To some, ignorance is bliss...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

oh yeah? then why do religious people have " beware of dog" signs on their fences instead of beware of god? why do religious people get medical treatment when they clearly think god decide when they go? why do catholics force people to convert before marriage when god gave us free will? why do god hate homo yet your leaders are pedophile? if the pope is so holy how come he doesn't have magical powers? if god is so giving how ocme churches need donations?

if satan is so evil how come he never says a damn thing? if satan is so evil hwo come god is always attacking him? how can satan be evil if he never does anything to anyone? satan don't ask for your money, he doesn't make you waste your sundays. he doesn't threaten you with hell, he doesn't lie to your kids about heaven.

if there was a war between heaven and hell i'll fight for satan.

I hope you'll do plenty of research and find plenty of information to add to your views. There is nothing wrong with seeing matters as you see them now, and being able to objectify the feelings you have. It is of crucial importance - you can guage if I'm right or not - I'm not trying to slip anything past you - if you are acting and doing the same things as you proclaim. There is a certain lowness of spirit, which this poster does not have, that makes him a better man than many imo. That is the faculty to avoid doublespeak; when our thoughts take two directions we become as the federal politicians do, out of basic requirement for the office of their positions, to spout a word or craft a symbol that means the opposite of what they are saying. Thoughts can have power, and this thought was just introduced. It's not new, it's a positive in the face of the Orwellian nightmare we, as citizens, face. It's mentioned in the negative, through the deed many times, and given leverage through repeat airings if you want to look at Much as an example. No harm done to educate against the baseness of human character, and to find productive outlet in doing so, so as not to keep oneself in a state of intellectual pride.

By way of an answer, and not claiming mine's the only one. We fear God in a sacred sense, and to use all practicality, don't warn mailmen against God. That's a recognizance of His actual, existing position. Our Maker and Creator, through whom not even demons could have a life-force. God offers us free-will, not freedom, and Satan is ever the soul-slaver.

We could all be healed by God, but people lack the faith, and are brainwashed by the system. An excellant point! I read a 5 page article on the very thing from Bryan Farnums works. I'll press a moment on your antagonisms and say that all people are naturally antagonistic to God unless they know better. We are given bloody demons as companions by satan, and it is up to us to realize this in our lives. There are also angels, and much good friendship to be had with them. Our bodies, every part of them, corresponds to heaven according to Emmanuel Swedenborg, in Heaven and Hell, not alone among saintly writers to recognize this. It takes not only an awareness of heavenly correspondances, but also a freedom from spiritual attack to truly heal by Gods measure, in addition to a belief and worship of Him in the first place - so the question is an elementary one, and can be stripped of its hatred. People can be healed by God, but lack the means to do so. Will you hate ignorance, even your own?

Catholics are zelouts for their faith at times. It seems worship of the saints is included, but then again I can't acount for the very Holy prescence which came upon me when I considered Mother Mary, or the uncorruptable saints of the Catholics. I've read how corrupt the vatican is. I know the branch is infiltrated by Illuminati, and just who they may be isn't even of particular importance to me. The account of Svali, an illuminati defector, tells us of child sacrifices by the elite below the vatican. There's also mention of the "superforce" of spiritual power in the Catholic church of Rome. It doesn't look good, but nor does it imply that an infiltrated church didn't spread a good message. It would take a few Catholic accounts, or one really good one, to answer the question well, but not being one, that's what I have to add.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

why do god hate homo yet your leaders are pedophile?

Lucis (Lucifer) Trust. Check out Forerunner777 on youtube and you will know how they operate. This is no joke, they do infiltrate churches, denegrate society with doctrine and have for years, and in the end, plant agents within the church to endorse the same moral degredation they promote. Is this from Lucis Trust directly - not the subject of a short study, but the ideologies are founded from them. In short, don't think that most Christians are this way. Truth is opposite. The church was invaded by high-ranking satanist/luciferian agents who had no qualms with spreading poor morals. It was all part of the blueprint.
What blueprint? The one written for America, from its inception. Please read the blogs of Tom Horn @ defenderpublishing.blogspot.com - They start in the left column in April. The best nwo background you can find

BTW I'm not excusing any "Catholic" Priests; I hope anyone guilty of that is prosecuted by the fair and just law.

if the pope is so holy how come he doesn't have magical powers?

If answering prayers counts as magic in your books, I think he has a few! If it doesn't, then good for you, because magic and prayer are two entirely different actions. I hope the pope has no magic powers, only Gods righteousness in his life. Who knows what the truth is, the vatican is not a sanctuary, and the pope is a very political figure. Stop looking at figureheads that way bud. They're only talking heads for causes, right?

if god is so giving how ocme churches need donations?

Bad stick on your fire. I'm sure you can figure that one out yourself.

As for the rest of your points, you have to understand the devil, and why he will appear as a deadly thug in your mind one hour, and an angel of light the next. But it's never friendly, never an absence of overpowering involved. A mighty angel once, and a mighty fiend now. Any demon can masquerade as the devil - anything goes! - and it's good to develop a stoic sense of guardianship over your senses of spiritual awe when you encounter "thoughts"

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

We feel those emotions regarding those events because that's what we're taught, by parents, teachers, authority figures...society.
The ancient Romans were taught differently, hence the gladiatorial games.
The medieval christians were taught differently, that is why they murdered thousands upon thousands of innocent people during the inquisition.
The Aztecs were taught differently, which is why they had no social problems killing surrounding tribes, enslaving the survivors, sacrificing them and annexing their land.
The Hindus were taught differently, which is why they developed a caste system and thought little of killing those of lesser social standing.
The various tribes of Africa were taught differently, which explains the constant warring between tribes.

So, you see...it's just different perspectives.
In fact, the world did just fine before the forceful advent of your god, and will continue to do so long after we are but a memory.
Y'know, I have a very Lovecraftian view of the universe, in fact, the best quote regarding social evolution comes from his very impressive work, "The Call of Cthulhu" and I'll even quote it for you...

...The time would be easy to know, for then mankind would have become as the Great Old Ones; free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all men shouting and killing and reveling in joy. Then the liberated Old Ones would teach them new ways to shout and kill and revel and enjoy themselves, and all the earth would flame with a holocaust of ecstasy and freedom.

See...all just perspective.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneExplorer

How about you let me know what you think...
And I'll let you know when I care what you think.
You have nothing of importance to say.
I do consider myself important, because to me, I am.
If I'm "full of myself", then good...at least I'm confident.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Three things for the OP.

1) Don't be mislead.
2) Don't give in to temptation.
3) Don't judge these two based on how their followers behave.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
As for the rest of your points, you have to understand the devil, and why he will appear as a deadly thug in your mind one hour, and an angel of light the next. But it's never friendly, never an absence of overpowering involved. A mighty angel once, and a mighty fiend now. Any demon can masquerade as the devil - anything goes! - and it's good to develop a stoic sense of guardianship over your senses of spiritual awe when you encounter "thoughts" beyond yourself. Everyones path is different. In no means side with him, when you discover his reality, and leave no back doors open when you leave. There is another focus.

That was cut-off, you'd think the new char limit was long enough! Sorry for the inturruption, and sorry for the delay answering to Matthew!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Nah, it's cool man. I like talking with you.
At least you're polite and respectful.
Now, y'see...I understand your point, truly.
However...I just can't roll with that view of the universe.
I don't believe in the christian god, that version of cosmology, angels, demons...any of it.
It just doesn't gel with me.
I like the vast, emptiness of nihilism, it's comforting to know that no matter what happens, whatever bad or good or neutral...none of it matters in the grand scheme of the universe.
Don't get me wrong, I believe in the Force and the oneness of things and the concept of Brahma/all-pervading consciousness...but the whole christian thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Oh, that reminds me...I'm going to go have a smoke.
So, when I get back, I fully expect at least three or four remarks about how I'm some godless heathen and I'm going to burn in hell for eternity...because some of you christians are such a compassionate lot.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
im sick of hearing the same things over and over and over.

im sick of people thinking God is some old guy with this stick who is going to punish you for masterbating

NEWS FLASH! YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN! JESUS DIED FOR US BECAUSE WE ARE BUM HOLES!

BY THE GRACE OF GOD ALL OUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN! the only sin left is not to believe

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Matthew, thank you for the background, and while I haven't provided mine, I appreciate the misconceptions it clears up via proclaiming yourself a satanist. Hey, it's nothing personal! It's a matter of understanding between people, and I've only got good to offer.

I concern with the spirit of the antichrist in people, and the control of demons. I've been a Christian for many years, and so I will proclaim to know a few things about matters pertaining to life and death as evidenced, and I'm going to assure you that God is real. But don't take my word for it, explore yourself! As you undoubtedly already have so the point is mote.

It's good to meet you, and sorry if the attempt to diffuse some pretenses comes across antagonistic. It isn't. I'm just an average guy here, wearing a bandana and living through a modest salary. I'm 37 years old, camped in the woods for seven months last year, and party with my friends at times like there is no tomorrow (C'mon, I'm Canadian)! I love life - "You're either busy living or busy dying, so you better get on with it" as my friend says. I smoke too, it's healthy as I recently discovered. M.C. Douglass is a healthy influence, and calls out the FDA on many fronts. Get subscribed to the Douglass Report Daily Dose and find a heap of good advice.

As for ideologies, which it all boils down to - past culture, and past distance - we are our own authors and have the means to shape the world as we will. I choose that to be the betterment of others, and wonder where that will lead? Too much introspection is unhealthy imo, it leads to pigeon-holing in the present, which may have no effect on the future except to cement opinions surrounding ourselves. Far better to be changing, aflight, and adaptable! You change where the system cannot. We are solidly grounded in our sanity however, and many long ponders could be placed on the heavy points of our religious beliefs, and how they affect our realities, and how we could "see past them" which is only to ground us to our 3d state of understandings again. If that control threatens to placate us, why would we bother with it? When we understand much more. I would rather free a soul than chain it. So long as our responsibilities do not empower us to chain people we might be free of guilt, real guilt. To escape false guilt also. To see themselves as capable to complete any challenge, each according to their means, each according to their abilities.

We are members of a new society, as we define it daily, and may we always find our common ground.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
According to "certain christians", God judges you; Satan is just there doing his own thing... He's not the one who sends you to hell... God is.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

because that's exactly how it really is.

satan is symbolism for everything you shouldn't do. pre marital sex, homosexuality, being happy without consequence...

while god is symbolism for the thoughts you are asked from the church to be...which is exactly what they want you to be.

no matter what is said different, or against what i'm saying. its as far as you need to look into christianity. the historical aspect for the bible makes it a necessary document. but every thought in the book is written to mend you into what the church wants, (and don't attack that saying this or that about how or when the bible was written, if you say against this, you are not even reading this; just mad at the lunacy of another opinion about the faith thats kept you alive in ignorance for you and your families existence.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

reply to post by LoneExplorer

How about you let me know what you think...

I did.

And I'll let you know when I care what you think.

What was that "politeness" you were talking of ?!

You have nothing of importance to say.

But Satan does and you obey him.

I do consider myself important, because to me, I am.
If I'm "full of myself", then good...at least I'm confident.

Blind confidence / A reflection of society in the end times.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join