It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to share this with you, sunspots & earthquakes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have been doing some research of my own into sunspots and earthquakes. I wanted to see if there was any link between the Sun and earthquakes.

Today I gathered my findings and this is only the start, i really just want to see what other people think.

So i went on SpaceWeather and wikipeadia for my research and from the Wiki Template: Earthquakes, i compared all quakes over magnatude 5 from this year so far to sunspot activity so far this year. These were my findings...

Sunspot activity and earthquakes 2010.
Date of sunspot & quake: 03/jan/2010 & 1st Solomon Islands (7.1 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 10/jan/2010 & Eureka(USA) (6.5 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 12/jan/2010 (During the past two days it has doubled in size--and then doubled again--to produce an active region with more than 25 dark cores and a tangled magnetic field.) & Haiti (7.0 Mag) (DEATHS)
Date of sunspot & quake: 15/jan/2010 & Venezuela (5.6 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 17/jan/2010 & Drake Passage(Chile) (6.3 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 10/feb/2010 (3 sunspots & CMEs towards Earth Non major CMEs) & below Mag 5 quake
Date of sunspot & quake: 18/feb/2010 & China-Russia-North Korea (6.9 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 27/feb/2010 (2 sunspots) & Chile (8.8 Mag), Salta(Argentina) (6.3 Mag) (DEATHS)
Date of sunspot & quake: 4/march/2010 (3 sunspots) & 2 quakes Taiwan & Chile both (6.4 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 5/march?2010 (3 sunspots) & Indonesia (6.8 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 8/march/2010 (sunspot not facing Earth) & Turkey (6.1 Mag) (DEATHS)
Date of sunspot & quake: 11/march/2010 & Chile (6.9 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 14/march/2010 & 2 quakes. Indonesia (6.4 Mag) Japan (6.5 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 15/march/2010 & Chile (6.7 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 20/march/2010 & 2 quakes. Cuba (5.6 Mag) & Papua New Guinea (6.6Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 22/march/2010 & Philippines (5.9 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 25/march/2010 & Philippines (6.0 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 26/march/2010 & Chile (6.2 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 30/march/2010 2 sunspots (Radio-active sunspot)& India (6.6 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 4/april/2010 2 sunspots & Baja California (7.2 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 6/april/2010 2 sunspots (A sharp gust of solar wind hit Earth's magnetosphere on April 5th and sparked the strongest geomagnetic storm of the year (Kindex=7). & Indonesia (7.7 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 11/april/2010 & 2nd Solomon islands (6.8 Mag) & Spain (6.3 Mag)
Date of sunspot & quake: 14/april/2010 (One of the biggest prominences in years erupted from the sun's northwestern limb yesterday. The massive plasma-filled structure rose up and burst during a ~2 hour period around 0900 UT on April 13th. & China (6.8 Mag) (DEATHS)
Date of sunspot & quake: 20/april/2010 No sunspots and this has been the 5th day. (Another huge prominence blasted away from the sun yesterday, April 19th. The massive tendril of plasma was nearly a quarter the diameter of the sun itself) & Australia (5.2 Mag)

I am no expert and i would like people to be nice in there replies as i am new and have never shared my thoughts with anyone before

I have done much more research but i am still gathering information before posting any more.

This is really just to see if anybody else has had the same thoughts on sunspots and earthquakes.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There are an average of 1,469 earthquakes of 5.0 or greater every year. That is an average of 4 each day. That makes the odds pretty good that such earthquakes will coincide with sunspot activity.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

This thread might be of interest:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you for your reply and your link. I am very greatful. I have only gone over this years activity as i feel that there maybe a conection. But as alot of people have said, it could just look like a conection because the internet is our main sorce of information, but in the past we have just had the media to listen to and they dont report everything. As i found out by going on various sites that there have been quakes we havent heared about on the news. For example there was a quake in Turkey on the 8th of march that killed more than 30 people and i never heared about it on the news.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage that is the first time I've ever heard you admit that the sun may be the cause (or at least the catalyst) behind the recent EQ activity.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I thank you for your efforts and there may be something to this I must say. I'd hate to go against the all mighty and all knowing great one a few posts above because I know he/she has quite the following of purely independant minded people I'm sure but I am willing to speculate that these two things COULD be related.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is your first thread, congratulations.

While there is proof of what you say, provided by other members, I am going to add something you might not want to hear.

My ears ring, like nothing that can be described by anything reported by science, just before a big one.

I can't prove it, but I lose sleep over it.

And not to hijack, but anyone else have this happen? Maybe it's the sunspots, or the quake, but my ears let me know.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Thank you. I was quite worried about posting this as i am no expert and i didnt want to sound stupid

But you all have mad me feel welcome so thank you. I am doing more research into my findings and i will post my findings here once ive finished researching.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think there are a lot of reasons why the earth moves. I think that if we could imput sunspots, flares, lunar and solar gravitation, earth and ocean tides, declination, and weather stats into a good computer program, we could find a pattern and perhaps be able to predict when circumstances will cause a quake. So, if we could, would we have eq evacutaion routes?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zachi

That sounds like a good idear

i wonder if its possible to do that, i would love to have a go myself but i wouldnt no were to start

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I really thought it had alot of good research behind it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

My mom experiences this same thing verbatim and has made the same correlation with earthquakes, although she can never quite pinpoint where the quake will be.

As well, she can not tell the magnitude of the quake either but says there is evidence that the ringing is louder and of longer duration in regards to stronger quakes that are nearer to her in location.

If you read some of the earthquake threads as well as do a search on this in ATS, you'll find you're not at all alone. This seemingly occurs to a lot of people. I have found that most skeptics who have replied to these threads have claimed that this is merely a case of Tinnitis.

I admit, I was rather skeptical of this phenomena initially, but after seeing how many people claim it, it seems like there could be a select few that this occurs to, or that have put the two together I should say.

I did an ATS Search for you, look at all these threads regarding this: Click Me!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Time consuming research, a pat on the back.

I've looked at a few of the correlations too and have seen some relationship with solar flares, Coronal Mass Ejections, (CME's) and large earthquakes.

On the other hand- the theory goes out the window when for the last 9 days we have had no solar activity. The sun looks bald, yet we are seeing numerous 5+ Magnitude quakes on various fault lines and increasing seismic activity near volcano's, not just in Iceland.

The new Solar Observatory Satellite from NASA is supposed offer live photos of the sun in mid-May. It will offer better data to compare the Sun's impact on Earth.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahrcanum
Time consuming research, a pat on the back.

I've looked at a few of the correlations too and have seen some relationship with solar flares, Coronal Mass Ejections, (CME's) and large earthquakes.

On the other hand- the theory goes out the window when for the last 9 days we have had no solar activity. The sun looks bald, yet we are seeing numerous 5+ Magnitude quakes on various fault lines and increasing seismic activity near volcano's, not just in Iceland.

Yes i have thought this too. In way of there being a connection to CMEs and larger quakes.
I thought to myself while going through all the data, "should i just point out all the 6.5 + earthquakes instead.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Nice thread Boo, well researched and plenty of detail there

Even if I don't support the assertion that solar activity is in some way responsible for, or a contributing factor to earthquakes and related happenings like volcanic eruptions...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
and thr haiti and peru quakes qualify as signs in the sun...that's a special league...a special group...a special happening that i am concerned with.
and i am sure the quakes are on the rise these days, as foretold by that guy that's famous...whaT'S HIS NAME....from a couple thousand years ago...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I thought to myself while going through all the data, "should i just point out all the 6.5 + earthquakes instead.

I don't know the magic number. My guess for a starting point to look at any correlation would be at the 5.0+ Magnitude.

In case you missed it, this morning there was a 6.0M quake on the Indonesian fault line, yet all is quiet on the sun.

There are more than 800 seismic arrays in the U.S. alone! www.passcal.nmt.edu...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ahrcanum

Yes ive notice that the Sun has been quiet yet we have had some 6+ quakes happening. This got me thinking that maybe it could just be a conection between larger quakes.

I took a quick look at previous years and large quakes, and i did see some CMEs and large quakes on the same days.

I will post these findings during next week as it does take a good few hours to wright eveything up and check its all right.

(my kids run wild on the weekends
)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hi. Thumbs up for the research and work put into presenting your thoughts. Rather that fear being ridiculed, I think you merely touched on a subject that many share a common view.

We know very littlle of the Sun and its effect on Earth...hence the recent array of scientific instruments launched to keep tabs on our own very star. The little that we know states the Earth can 'ring' or resonnate and that CMEs ejected by the Sun producers VLF (very low frequency). Like you...I have wondered if there is a connection.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thank you all again for your thoughts and info on this thread. I wanted to share this image of the Sun with you. (sorry if its been posted already)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c7849210735.jpg[/atsimg]

Also here is a link to the artical and video behind this image

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
So here we go again, we have alot going on in the way of earthquakes and it seems the sun is quite active to.

On reading a thread on ATS in regards to this youtube video:

Got me thinking again about weather or not our sun has anything to do with earthquakes. I'm thinking more now that it could be CME's that may have something to do with all this quake activity, but thats just my guess.

I will do a list of qakes and sun activity like i provided in the first post. Give me a little time to type it all out

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join