It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS...Live! - Show #3- PODCAST version now available.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I feel Nibiru needs discussed purely to put an end to all the absolute rubbish surrounding it. It needs cleared up once and for all just as the chemtrails did on the show the first week.

g

Grantbeed.....

OK.....that could work.

That idea could be developed into a regular session about the lunatic fringe stuff.....it could actually be fun!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I keep trying to bring it up but get shouted down by the politicos.

Have no fear, I'll bribe Nef if I have to.

Springer...

In the unlikely event Neformore actually has scruples, and cannot be bribed, I recommend a more solid approach...blackmail.

One topic of importance, that you may not be able to discuss in-depth, is the recently released ADL report defaming ATS members. Maybe a quick public statement to raise awareness of this obvious injustice.

...and whoever was lighting cigs during the last show, we can hear you!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Yes. we'll cover it - quite in how much depth I'm not sure, but its definitely on the discussion list.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
BTW - the show now has a Facebook page - just look up ATS Live, look for the microphone and show your love....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This might be an interesting subject.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you for the reply. I really did enjoy last weeks program, despite whatever problems I had, in listening to it. I got there late!

Best wishes to you and ATS, for brining us such a wonderful choice!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about you members, but I'm stoked.

Rumor has it that we will be touching upon several very interesting and timely topics... and maybe a guest or two... plus our formidable lady-type Mods will be represented in greater numbers too!!!!

Of course, that's just a rumor... we might also switch formats to discuss celebrity fashion trends, the latest advances in hydrotherapy, and our favorite colors..... (nah!)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Of course, that's just a rumor... we might also switch formats to discuss celebrity fashion trends, the latest advances in hydrotherapy, and our favorite colors..... (nah!)

You realize that doing so would DIRECTLY promote the making of a domestic terrorist right?

Myself...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I feel that it would be a very interesting discussion to get away from party politics and certain groundless conspiracies (not saying which ones but they may involve aliens, Nibiru, NWO, 2012, etc
and tackle the core political problem as I see it, i.e. the very nature of democracy.

More specifically, a discussion of Western democratic dissonance as it stands, and what it should be.

As a foundation for such discussion, I have offered the following brief:

Quoting Noam Chomsky in his book: Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies (1989:14), he cites the Brazilian Bishop’s view of democracy as:

‘’democracy means that citizens should have the opportunity to inform themselves, to take part in inquiry and discussion and policy formation, and to advance their programs through political action. For us (the West), democracy is more narrowly conceived: the citizen is a consumer, an observer but not a participant’’.

As for the seemingly ‘anti-democratic’ stance, Chomsky cites Edward Bernays from the Annals of the American Academy of Political & Social Science, ‘’the very essence of the democratic process is the freedom to persuade and suggest the engineering of consent’’. Another likened view is summarised succinctly that ‘’only disaster would ensue if the masses were permitted to enter the arena of decision-making in a meaningful way’’.

(I could quote all day but it is not the intention here).

Such interval of thought goes mainly unknown in the mainstream conscious, yet it affects us all.

Of course, the tentacles of this mechanism are also far reaching and possibly deserve sub discussions, such as the role of the media in democracy (i.e. the ‘concision’ in the media), the role of multi-national corporations in modern democracy, (i.e. large-scale lobbying of politicians and the recent legal backing for such, mirrored with endless corporate power over political values) and the ‘participatory’ approach by the tax-paying voting public which is seriously lacking, as briefly touched upon in the definition above.

Does the voting tax-paying public need to be informed and involved in democratic structures, or are we happy being ignorant and uninformed, with upper middle and upper class politicians managing our way of life as a peripheral aspect of democracy? How can we raise the spectre of true democracy to the level it deserves, i.e ‘for the people, by the people and of the people’?

A programme of discussion around such a crucial topic(s) could make for a very interesting and educational three hours of radio.

Do you think such a show could be possible and if so, could it be held to coincide with the UK elections in 2 weeks perhaps? I would certainly like to hear Skeptic Overlord’s views on the above topic with the other owners and senior staff etc.

I’ve went on a bit here but …

BTW: excellent show with true emotions coupled with the live feed adding an extra pinch of intrigue along the journey. Keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Can't you guys invite any Indigo-starchildren to the studio?

I would love to hear their opinion on Nibiru!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just giving a bump here so people listen in about 20 minutes.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm here once again and ready for the show.

Just a quick reminder if you opened the site early you have to refresh for the show to start. Clicking the play button isn't enough.

About 5 Minutes to Showtime!

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's on!!!

www.illustrial.net/site

Tune in or be foed!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Coming in great. Maybe a bit too much reverb (?) though. It's very echo-y. Or is it just me?

NVM I'm an idiot. LOL

[edit on 24/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Fun Fun!

All ATSers should be listening!

*Bump*

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Soundin good here!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Listening now, sounds good, not cutting in and out like it did last week...agreed you all should be listening..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I only joined a few days ago Guys, The show is great i`m glad to be a part of you here
with the forum etc.

lol could you possibly say that i said that "your guys are da bomb"

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Since they're discussing Nubiru:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Lol your going for some water
i think your actually going for some alcohol

Whats the name of the guys doing the show

top topics