It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Mason question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
For every enemy and every battle there are many ways to secure victory but only one correct one. The most direct and overt often is not the wisest decision, one should move and act unseen and with motives unknown until there is no other choice but direct, open and immediate action, at that time one should strike swiftly without hesitation and with a strength second only to God, this is the way of victory.

Overt action, violence and revolution is not the solution to the Bush regime, in fact many would argue that that is exactly what they want, after all what better excuse to swiftly and indefinitely infringe on the liberties of Americans than to declare martial law because of civil unrest?

Life is much like Chess, plot your moves wisely.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Talking about politics probably belongs in the political forum. This is a masonic question thread. I would say for the haromony of the thread it is better to not discuss politics....

Just my.000000002 cents....

Just take everything in stride and just enjoy the process. Getting two sponsors should not be a problem even if you do not know anyone. Of course, this will depend on your character and ideas. Let`s assume everything goes well and you take the plunge, well there will literally be thousands of questions that you will have. Just absorb it all slwly, you are not expected to uderstand everything all at once. We have members in my lodge that have been in over 50 years. They will admit that they are still learning as well. So, the path is long yet rewarding.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What is it you guys feel that masonry offers you, that you cannot find on your own?
Please, the question is not loaded in any way, it is a genuine interest.
Is it the camaraderie and the belonging or is it learning actual knowledge not found elsewhere?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smudge
Is it the camaraderie and the belonging or is it learning actual knowledge not found elsewhere?

Well, for me it has to do with a little of both. I enjoy the company of the people that I am around, also we all have like beliefs and can share them together. Actually, this is a very hard question to answer. I am sure that there are many different reasons for everyone. I tried to about 15 minutes to put this into words, but they fail me. I have just read a great article that I found..... I think that this is pretty good way to describe it.... users.1st.net...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

What is it you guys feel that masonry offers you, that you cannot find on your own?

There is a certain beauty that one experiences and enjoys when surrounded by brothers of a like mind. For myself my research and spiritual path are of the utmost importance to me, they are a key part to who I am as a being and I wish to share that part with those who are capable of understanding and reciprocating, Freemasonry offers that opportunity. Additionally I am constantly in search of more knowledge, more light. There is much you can learn only from Freemasonry, and there is something to find under every stone. For me nothing feels like my lodge when amongst my brethren, not even my home.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   

At a Meal after a Masonic meeting I was sat on a table with five of the oldest duffers you could wish to find at any table.

As the conversation started, they found a common thread, which excluded me, I was at 53 to young. They were all in the Second World War.

On my left was a Spitfire pilot. On my right was a wonderful friend of mine Wally kent, he had lost his hearing when he parachuted in at " A Bridge too Far" Arnhem. He was captured twice during the war and escaped twice. Opposite were a Submariner and a Guy from the Royal navy. Next to him was a Pilot from the Polish Air Force.

With no help from me we manged to win about 15 major battles that night .

So you see nothing interesting really happens at these meetings?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

From Smudge

Two heads, or in this case, a lodge full of heads is better then one. Finding everything on your own is often more pain then knowledge. We also, no matter how smart we think ourselfs, can not and will not think of everything by ourselves. There is a reason that most great thinkers had a support group, or close friends, that they discussed and brain stormed with.

From billmcelligott
With no help from me we manged to win about 15 major battles that night .

Being an amateur WW2 historian, what a great experaince that must of been.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khonsu
For every enemy and every battle there are many ways to secure victory but only one correct one. The most direct and overt often is not the wisest decision, one should move and act unseen and with motives unknown until there is no other choice but direct, open and immediate action, at that time one should strike swiftly without hesitation and with a strength second only to God, this is the way of victory.

Overt action, violence and revolution is not the solution to the Bush regime, in fact many would argue that that is exactly what they want, after all what better excuse to swiftly and indefinitely infringe on the liberties of Americans than to declare martial law because of civil unrest?

Life is much like Chess, plot your moves wisely.

I agree with this.

And to JCMinJapan

Yeah my question, although valid; was somewhat out of place.

My bad.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sitting here laughing loudly, Benjj. You're right. I should have said, "mentally competent," but after my typo, some may question that now.

www.onealclan.com

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Dark

You would have been spellbound.

Take the RAF pilot. He was telling me, his son was in the Army stationed in Germany. Met and wanted to marry a German girl. The marriage was arranged and his family flew out for the wedding.

It was Christmas time , apparently it is customary for the man of the house to dress the Christmas tree when everyone else has gone off to bed. The father of the Bride invited our pilot to help his dress the tree. This was a great honor.

During the course of the work, one speaking a pigeon English and the other a pigeon German it transpired that the Brides Father was in the Luftwaffer.

After another series of half german , half English explanations, it seems that he, the Brides father was a rear Gunner in a Hienkel JU88. ( this was a short lived carrer during the closing months of the war)

Our RAF pilot , just did not have the heart to tell him he flew Spitfires throughout the war years?

<< 1   >>

join