It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who took this photo on the moon ?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't mind it when Moon Hoax believers present some seemingly "good" evidence to support their claim. I find it enjoyable to having a good logical debate with some of these people.

However there are some people here on ATS that are so set in their preconceived notions about the moon hoax that they will latch on to ANY AND ALL claims as if they all had equal merit.

It seems that if one person claimed that there was a clown in that picture hiding behind the rock, and they claim the clown is there but just can't be seen, there are some others here n ATS that would say:

"YES -- I believe there is a clown there! Moon Landing believers now need to prove there isn't a clown there -- and if they can't, that proves there was a moon hoax!"

Yeah -- that's an silly and ludicrous example, but it illustrates my point.
I can't have a good debate with those people.

[edit on 8/20/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by lestweforget

The OP cropped the photo in order to create the illusion that the reflection was wrong.

Lie.

Originally posted by bokonon2010
files.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the photo the OP cropped:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

DJW lied again.

The Original Poster in this thread (ppk55)
reply to post by ppk55

used the image: history.nasa.gov...

You were very quick to accuse me of being a liar. I later explained and apologized:

Instead of calling me a liar, you could have pointed out that it was Deaf Alien that cropped the photo, not the OP. My mistake. It was the only photo on page 1, so I assumed it was put there by the OP. Everyone has been acting like that cropped picture is the original, forgetting that it's not centered properly. My apologies for implying that the OP had deliberately tried to mislead.

This thread has been going on for four months. I don't think I even looked at the first page in over a month until you called me a liar. Eventually, I figured out my mistake. Why were you so quick to call me a liar? Is it because you are a liar?

Do you agree with EarthResident's re-creation or not? If you do, then the photograph of the helmet is wrong, isn't it? Why won't you admit it?

[edit on 20-8-2010 by DJW001]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

you called me a liar. Eventually, I figured out my mistake. Why were you so quick to call me a liar?

If you do, then the photograph of the helmet is wrong, isn't it? Why won't you admit it?

1) I did not called you a lier; however I have pointed to your false statements that appear to be deliberate.

2) The photograph itself can't be wrong or right; interpretations [of photos or images] could be.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Friendly neighborhood mod here...

The off topics. The name calling. ...and other assorted bad behaviour that I may not have spotted just yet will stop right now.

This is, apparently, an important issue to some, if not most, of you... As such, it needs to be discussed with something resembling civility.

So...

Do it. I've seen most of you post elsewhere, and I know you all can do it. Do it here, too...

Not so friendly the next time.

[edit on 8/22/2010 by seagull]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I would like to extend my apologies to readers of this thread and the Mods. From now on I will keep a cool head, and ignore provocation.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
NASA has some of the most intelligent people in the world. If they were going to fake little things like landing on the moon I really don't think they would leave in any mistakes that the average Joe could point out!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trapt

NASA has some of the most intelligent people in the world. If they were going to fake little things like landing on the moon I really don't think they would leave in any mistakes that the average Joe could point out!

Not only that (besides, that is a subjective and debatable point), but many on this thread have clearly shown that there is nothing at all wrong with the OP's picture. The astronaut in the picture is on the left hand sode of the frame, so obvuoisly the photographer was not aiming the camera directly at him, but rather directly at the rock (which is in the center of the frame.

If you take that into consideration (and the fact that the visor is convex, so the reflection is distorted) then there should be no question as to why the photographer astronaut seen in the visor doesn't seem to be facing the astronaut who is in the picture.

EDIT: Oh -- and welcome to ATS

edit on 1/16/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Trapt

Yet, they did leave a mistake for everyone to see.

It's right there for anyone to see.

The reason this image is still exists is because at first it wasn't noticed.
The amount of zoom required to see it probably wasn't even considered in the days this was released.

Once the image became ubiquitous across the internet it became impossible to alter.
So now they're stuck with an image that clearly shows a stage hand with no life support equipment on the surface of the moon.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Here you go: educationforum.ipbhost.com...
In short, the life support pack is compressed vertically by the curvature of the visor, and the bulk of the pack is behind the helmet.

I found an image of Jack taken by Gene, AS17-140-21385. I chose this one because the pose is similar to the pose reflected in the visor. Here I've highlighted various steps I took, cropping Jack (some artistic licence taken with the legs), and flipping him horizontally.

Below I've highlighted further steps I've taken. I've reduced Jack's height to 46 pixels (sorry Jack!) to match his height in the reflected visor image. A little bit of contrast reduction, then I reduced the width of the image to match that of the reflected image.

Here I've superimposed the final crop of Jack from AS17-140-21385 over the reflected image in AS17-141-21608. Quite a good match (not perfect, but you wouldn't expect it to be). Notice in particular the similarity of the PLSS/helmet.

The PLSS seems to have been reduced in width by the curvature of Gene's visor, and is being mistaken in the reflected image for part of the helmet itself.

P.S. I find such thread necromancy weird. Are people actually actively looking for old threads to post in?
edit on 14-1-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You have to admit though looking at this NASA picture, without all the crazy interpretations we've seen so far... there isn't a life support device on his back is there?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ed16e1ea379.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 14-1-2014 by ppk55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

ppk55
You have to admit though looking at this NASA picture, without all the crazy interpretations we've seen so far... there isn't a life support device on his back is there?

The 'crazy interpretations' like the one above that explain quite simply and clearly why you can't see one? Visor curvature. That is all.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

ppk55

The astronaut is stretched vertically due to the visor, making it difficult to see the PLSS backpack. The study that "wildspace" linked shows how that can happen.

However, and as has been mentioned already in this tread, if you look at the astronaut's shadow, you can see the shadow of the PLSS.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Look at the shadow on the ground in that image.

You can see the pack.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Here's an hour of uninterrupted EVA footage at station 6, the location of the photograph:

www.youtube.com...

Let us know if you see anyone other than the 2 astronauts.

Enjoy the lack of wires and the way the dirt behaves exactly as it should in zero atmosphere and lunar gravity.

ETA: This image, the next one in the sequence, shows that the astronaut taking the OP image was visible in the broadcast linked to above.

www.hq.nasa.gov...
edit on 14-1-2014 by onebigmonkey because: added more stuff

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
On the image in the photo and looking on the large rock on the right, and just above to the right of that tripod on the ground you can see a carving in the rock of a little humanoid. head arms legs feet.. Very odd.. It looks like it is carved and concaved right into the rock. If you zoom in on it, it is plain as day.
edit on 14-1-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join