It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who took this photo on the moon ?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bokonon2010

Okay, now step three meters back, two meters to the right, point the camera straight ahead (not at the helmet) and take a picture. What do you get?
It should look something like this. This is the photo the OP cropped:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec423d26f2a7.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-8-2010 by DJW001]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I cannot believe that you have 18 stars (as of posting this) for your remarks mate...just shows that there really are a lot of ridiculously uninformed members here, who know nothing about the Apollo missions AT ALL!

Crikey, the third crew member was orbiting in the command module...who do you think the lander docked with to return to Earth...Santa Claus?

Blimey...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

D ont you see the larger cross hairs in the centre of the photo?
Do you realise what angle that reflected persons torso would have
to be at in order to take the photo up such an incline, and to answer
your question i have read all posts in this thread. The tripod is the
focus of both the astronaught and the camera, the distance between
the astronaught and tripod isnt sufficient for the reflected persons
incorrect alignment if he was the photographer. Which he so obviously
is not, why cant the photo be from a seperate source to the reflected
person?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It took me a while to grasp this as I just got up - I think I have it now. One man in a space suit and a reflection of the second man in his visor. So yea who took the pic of man in the space suit. Good question as I don't see a camera on the man in the reflection. He hardly looks like he has on a space suit at all. Might try an enhanced zoom on this pic, see what I come up with. The image has a staged appearance - very interesting. I have seen a couple of other men on the moon images that didn't look right.

Always nice to start a day on the moon - more coffee - now!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Mate, good effort i'll admit, but your setup is completely incorrect.

First off, the helmet in your recreation is at the wrong angle. The in the NASA image, the helmet is angled downwards, whereas yours is virtually pointing up.

Second, the figure reflected in the original is not in the center of the helmet reflection, it is much further up and to the left of center.

Third, the cameras on Apollo were chest mounted, and not raised up to the astronauts eye level.

Fourth, the reflected figure does not have a chest mounted camera attached to it's suit (which also does not appear to be standard Apollo issue!)

It's all wrong i'm afraid, but as i say good effort...care to rearrange the helmet and the camera/your position to match the original properly and try again? (we'll overlook point #4 for the sake of argument!)

Seriously, i'd be interested to see the result.

Thanks.

[edit on 17/8/2010 by spikey]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You entirely missed the point. I did not do the recreation, bokronon2010 did the recreation. It's up to him to recreate the original uncropped photograph which I provided above.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

All of these issues have already been addressed elsewhere in the thread. Just back up two pages and read from there, keeping in mind that the photo in the OP was cropped from the photo I reproduced above.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by lestweforget

The OP cropped the photo in order to create the illusion that the reflection was wrong.

Lie.

Originally posted by DJW001

files.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the photo the OP cropped:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

DJW lied again.

The Original Poster in this thread (ppk55)
reply to post by ppk55

used the image: history.nasa.gov...

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Other than my reducing the picture to fit on the page (with subsequent loss of resolution), what difference do you see between the two uncropped pictures?

Edit to correct formatting.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by DJW001]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
look up Apollo 17 crew and then the pic taken on the moon go to page 1 of this and compare, oh ya use ctrl+ to zoom in i use win xp, explain what is he breathing?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Explain what who is breathing? Have you read any of this thread at all?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
yes i have, if you zoom in on the reflection, there is no "back pack" so were is the o2 tank? so then what is he the person in the reflection breathing?
Go to page one the op first photo and zoom in. the one pic just below it, the first pic, has a better view of the back of the person in the reflection.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by bekod]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
the thing in the visor i say thing b/c we dont know what it is we dont know if its human or not...actually looks alien am i ruling out another human no! but iit does kinda look like a non human entity standing there doesnt look like a human standing offish like that!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I give up. Look, it's one of three things:

1. An alien monster
2. Some dude in surfer shorts
3. A grainy, distorted reflection of the astronaut who took the picture

This thread has gone on for 17 pages and no-one wants to read any of them. Zoom in all you want and imagine what you please. Oh yeah, and feel free to call me a liar for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
yes i have, if you zoom in on the reflection, there is no "back pack"...

If you had read the thread, then you would have found this post on page 2.

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by ppk55

You can see his backpack look at his shadow in the helmet reflection!!!

Looks like something on his chest as well look at shadow!!

Hardluck guys Photography is a blackart to some on here.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

actually the astronaut u r looking at doesnt match up with the "astronaut" in the reflection!

idc if he is standing back a ways...you'd be able to see with a reasonable doubt...but not in this case!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

yes did read it but show me were his back pack is?
For if i new how to do it i would bring up some other photos that show, at a much further distance, the back pack. if i new how i would high lite the back of the person in the reflection, and do not say it's on his chest not for it is ti big it would cover his face mask.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

well it is new to me and i am45 so you do learn something new some days. and what is the answer besides he is wearing on his chest. NOT!
this is on page 15, shows pic of the said missing back pack and related info PP.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by bekod]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Just for clarity, I'll admit I've only read about 7 pages, but the NASA "back pack" appears to have fairly visible tubage and it would appear from my view point too protrude over the shoulders and be behind the helmet of an astronaut wearing the apparatus, I can't see any of this in the reflection.

I believe the none NASA issue trousers can be explained by shadow and I can see an apparent camera physically and in shadow, I can also see what could be a "back pack" in the shadow but it could equally be his arm and hand or a none NASA apparatus.

Again this is just for clarity and I'm happy to hear an explanation.

I firmly believe NASA went to the moon, what happened there and after I'm open to be entertained.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You entirely missed the point. I did not do the recreation, bokronon2010 did the recreation. It's up to him to recreate the original uncropped photograph which I provided above.

Oh, my mistake. Reading your post, i assumed you had recreated the helmet reflection...ok, praise to you for a good effort rescinded!
(and now goes to bokronon2010 instead..so there!)
Ok, minor praise for not trying to steal his thunder.

Although, i attributed the image to yourself incorrectly, the four points of error i raised are still very much to the point of the discussion...so i've not completely missed the point really eh!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join