It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii's Anti-'birther' bill moves forward!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

A proposal aimed at stopping repeated requests for information from so-called "birthers" might also shut out legitimate information requests by the public

An amended version of Senate Bill 2937 advanced out of a joint House-Senate conference committee yesterday and now faces a final vote in each chamber. The bill says government records are open to public inspection unless access is restricted or closed by law.

Government agencies would not be required to respond to follow-up requests for information if, after a "good faith review and comparison," the subsequent request is deemed duplicative or substantially similar to a previous request.
Source: www.starbulletin.com...

What the heck is this. Good intentions-sure. Wrong final results-for sure. I understand their concerns but to pass a law? Well, at least is isn't barring the agecny from responding, just to repeated requestiers.

I don't know. Sounds like they are just asking for problems/lawsuits.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b5ee52a2882.jpg[/atsimg]
[edit on 4/22/2010 by anon72]

[edit on 4/22/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
So instead of actually coughing up a original document, they decide to pass a law preventing people from even filing or asking for it.

Smooth move.

It sure speaks volumes to me, and I can read in between the lines.

Just another drop in the bucket exposing our corrupt government and it's ridiculously asinine mode of operations.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Heres something for ya, well maybe

Stanley Ann Dunham, google maps

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Very well said
an average person with half a brain could figure this corruption out!
instead of truth, we get flouride-kool aid,and change we can beleive in

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It makes no sense at all to know that almost two million dollars have been spent to keep the public from knowing what Obama wants to keep secret.

I have to repeatedly tell myself that this issue has to be much more than just about a birth certificate and something tells me that I am probably more right than wrong. I for one hope we find out before its too late because with presidential executive orders to prevent the public from knowing and now we have Hawaii politicians doing the bidding of the Obama regime.

Good find, but not really an unexpected action from everything that I have seen so far. This is not the end of the issue, because Obama has much more to hide than just his non existent original fake birth certificate.

Time will show us what Obama was hiding and when we know, I for one hope the naysayers can come to grips with the truth.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This would have been so much simplier if Obama and Michelle had not spent millions to 'seal' their grades and Obama's birth ceritificate, if everything was nice and legal and Obama's college scores were as high as he brags about then why the deception, what happened to the transperency he promised, oh yeah that was another lie.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well, this is no good. They could decide to class all kind of legitimate researchers as timewasters or the like.

A local government could do something like this:

They waste a load of our money on illegitimate expenses
An insider files for the information on expenses

Now that the information has been released to their insider, they might be able to decide that everyone else filing for that information is frivolous.

I don't believe any birther claims, but this idea smells like one that could be abused in all kind of situations. I think it's best to leave things more open and just have to deal with cranks every once in a while. Sometimes the cranks are right, we need those people out there pushing for more information on things, even if most of the time it's a failure, because the few times they do find something interesting is worthwhile.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think the smart thing for Obama to do is to tell Hawaii not to get involved in the matter and continue to do your jobs. I am no different than the next guy type of claim.

Leave it up to Hawaii to say: No but you are different, we'll handle this.

That way he could step out of it. Now it just looks real bad-in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There is legitimate questions, then there is obsession and harassment.

Birthers fall under the category of obsessive.

First off, there is the ever valuable 4th Amendment that Birthers wish to stomp all over, throw out the window, set fire to, then bury.

Yes that insignificant little law that makes it so gestapo agents like birthers aren't able to go around and start "citizen arresting" people on sight because they think that they aren't supposed to be here.

Then there are the existing laws that state that you aren't able to get the personal papers (like birth certificates) of anyone that isn't a relative of you.

(Course birthers don't care about that either.)

Can you imagine the world that birthers want us to live in?

No 4th Amendment to the constitution, police no longer having to have a warrant or probable cause to search you, take your personal papers and effects.

No more state regulations, so your employer can get unfettered access to your personal documents. Things like health records and birth certificates.

Quite a world you guys want for the United States.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I couldn't agree with you more! Birthers are a lost cause and I'm surprised that they haven't started a movement to prove that Hawaii isn't a state, thereby disqualifying Obama as president.

The State of Hawaii should institute a policy whereby the first request for documentation is provided at cost and any subsequent request made by the same entity be done at a substantial profit for the state. For instance, Charge them $2000.00 per page for the second request, $3000.00 per page for the third etc...

That way, nuts can be nuts, for a price.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I'm surprised that they haven't started a movement to prove that Hawaii isn't a state, thereby disqualifying Obama as president.

Now you have done it!!! Watch out Hawaii. lol What a great idea. See, some many things to be learned at ATS.

Remember to S&F to keep attention on the post so people will be drawn to see your insights and wisdom.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Uh huh. And what Hawaii is complaining about are the sheer number of FOIA requests coming in about the birth certificate. They complain that because of the volume it's costing them time and money to have to respond to them.

But isn't that what the FOIA is for? Doesn't it fall under a government service to respond to requests?

So instead of just dealing with the numbers of requests, they would rather create a law nullifying part of FOIA altogether. And how far does it go? They can now deny requests on anyone's birth certificate, legal documents, or any information that they deem "having been asked and answered". Unless those guidelines for rejection are set and are always a matter of black and white with no shades of gray, then there is the potential for the law to be abused.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You hit the nail on the head. I think we will see more and more of the Pass Laws to get around the original law. Because we can.

See, just more taking care of themselves and not doing the peoples business and what is best for them.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Maybe to you the FOIA trumps the 4th Amendment, but I think you are mistaken.

Like all federal agencies, the Department of Justice (DOJ) generally is required under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to disclose records requested in writing by any person. However, agencies may withhold information pursuant to nine exemptions and three exclusions contained in the statute. The FOIA applies only to federal agencies and does not create a right of access to records held by Congress, the courts, or by state or local government agencies. Each state has its own public access laws that should be consulted for access to state and local records.

Source: www.justice.gov...

Obama's birth certificate is a State record, and so does not fall under the guidelines of a FOIA document.

Birthers are seriously dangerous people in that they are all to willing to destroy the Constitution in order to try and get at Obama.

[edit on 4/22/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think what the new law is trying to do is establish that if a request is made for something and they have responded to the request as required and that that document(s) are easily reproduceable(IE Internet, State Website,etc) then they no longer have to reply to requests for the same thing over and over again.

I can only imagine that they've received 1000's of requests for Obama related documents. As for Obama and Michelle sealing their transcripts, why not. It's not a requirement for being President to produce your school records and not any damn business of the general public.

The day any birther actually provides evidence to any of their accusations is the day I'll start to believe them. Until then, you look like crackpots and give us true "Conspiracy Theorists" a bad name.

DENY IGNORANCE(unless it contradicts with your biases)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
here comes the damage control brigade... the above a*holes trying to deflect attention away from the issue of obama's nationality and turn it into a debate about information security, and people's amendments...by associating "birthers" with words like gestapo, crackpots, obsessive and using their time honored tool of ridiculing anything that alarms them...this is too important an issue to NOT be obsessive about!
for those that defend obamas moves to block examination of his records heres some words i'll associate with you: SHILL, DECEIVERS, ACCOMPLICES, SLEEPERS...
you're vehement condemnation of the issue and those that are genuinely concerned that we are on another fantastic carpet ride shouts volumes that we are on the right track about obama.
" methinks the lady doth protest too much "

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KritikalMass

Hey a-hole.

I couldn't give a rats ass what happens to your country but this is a non issue. Why process 1000's of the exact same request when it's already all over the net.

You also complain about government wasting money and this is a way to save it and time....

Birthers won't be happy until there is home video of Obama coming out of the womb with a "Yes We Can" flag. It doesn't matter to you that he produced all necessary documents to the proper departments during the vetting process.

But I forgot, facts don't matter. But speculation is truth.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

deez you have an extremely obnoxious mouth, like always nothing to back it up! what the hell is a birther to you? something you heard from msm. or how about people who are tired of this country going into the cleaners, when its so obvious that its being done by scoundrels with out a legit reason to be in charge

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

when its so obvious that its being done by scoundrels with out a legit reason to be in charge

Gee, last time I checked, Obama was elected according to the laws set forth in the US Constitution, which means he has a legit reason to be in charge.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

gee, last time i looked, if your not a natural born citizen of the U.S,you are not allowed to be president, but hay seal up them documents, spend millions to keep the truth from getting out! yep guess your right huh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join