It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New UFO Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

That has got to be the most unintelligent response I've seen in a long time on ATS.

How the hell can you deduce they were using LED lights that were clearly ABOVE the city. Not only that, the objects did change shapes and brightness, sometimes seeing a double light source on the object that was practically right over the houses. Is it just that you don't want to believe or are intimidated?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

most probably a very expensive RC flyer

it moved but kept to a small area maybe because its trying to keep within range of its signal. unless, there was something of particular interest to the orb in that area.

theres a video of an orb that moved around in too wide an area over a city to be an RC but I feel too lazy to dig it up

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

What about the 2nd object that was barely moving at times? I can't stand it when people come so quick to answer what we're seeing.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

[

How the hell can you deduce they were using LED lights that were clearly ABOVE the city.

Clearly above the city? Go outside and look at a building in the distance now put your hand over it. Is your hand now clearly over the building and in the sky?

Not only that, the objects did change shapes and brightness, sometimes seeing a double light source on the object that was practically right over the houses.

Yeah well in my earlier pic you can see that if you change the angle of the light you get a "double light"

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by Clisen33

[

How the hell can you deduce they were using LED lights that were clearly ABOVE the city.

Clearly above the city? Go outside and look at a building in the distance now put your hand over it. Is your hand now clearly over the building and in the sky?

Not only that, the objects did change shapes and brightness, sometimes seeing a double light source on the object that was practically right over the houses.

Yeah well in my earlier pic you can see that if you change the angle of the light you get a "double light"

Yes I saw that, I also stated that one of the objects was right over the houses with the city lights BEHIND the object. Tell me how you can do that while holding an LED, and having your whole arm in view.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Zaiger.....

It could be RC planes.

If you look carefully at the "groundscape", there appears to be a field area (perhaps a sports ground) with lighting on it, upon which the objects appear to be somewhat centred in their movements.

This would be consistent with RC planes being flown from a lighted, open area.

I cannot grab a still frame from YT to point out there area.....could you do that? At 3.29 it's close to centre screen of the lights.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
After looking at the video more, the only thing I can think of is that they are indeed RC planes because of the way they seem to blink out when turning.

It just seems odd the way they are moving and accelerating to be RC planes, maybe it's just an optical effect.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d5add259c54.jpg[/atsimg]

And there you go.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'd say Radio Controlled Model airplanes
with a light attached to it.

i use to have one and those loops
I could duplicate with the right equipment.

He is far enough away from it so
the sound is not heard with a small engine.

care for some night flying anyone

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I think it is legit

For it to be R/C would mean a lot of money and sophisticated radio and video gear on the craft as well as monitor on the ground because of how far and wide it traveled. You can get some 1st or 2nd gen military drone gear but it isn't cheap. and quite audible in operation.

If it was a remote R/C helo it would have been very audible and also not possible for the distances the light was seen to travel. Even a pro R/C helo pilot cannot fly those at night under normal conditions.

while what is seen may not prove an alien vehicle, I would say it is a very good possibility.

cheers

s&f

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Bad acting

No matter how much he zooms in or hoe low or close this thing comes it never really changes size. So it think it was added in or reflection trickery, like so.

i'm with you on this one

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just did a couple quick edits of images.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ff37626e9fc.jpg[/atsimg]

This was before it did the nose dive, then swooping up, looks circular.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e119402b8fb6.jpg[/atsimg]

This was during the swoop upward into a turn, you can clearly see it being 'flat'. I can remember a thread about a RC plane that was flat and round, with LEDs on both sides. Possible recreation?

EDIT: When it turns, the object blinks out, meaning that the lights aren't visible because we are seeing the 'front'/'back'/'side' of it, that's assuming were calling it an RC plane.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Clisen33]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Not CGI, what's there is real, I can't explain why but you get a feel for CGI movement and camera control and those things are not cgi.

What I feel they are is as others have said is RC planes, the reasoning behind this is that if you watch the 'things' move you will notice the lights on the plane are running along the wings on top of them and when the things are flying the lights always remain long / flat towards the direction its flying ie exactly how a RC plane with lights along the wings would look.

Also you will notice the lights go out when the plane banks so I am sure the lights on on top of the wings only. When the item dips above the streets you can almost get a white led feel of the lights, that slightly blueish glow white leds give.

As for the acrobatics, totally consistent with RC planes, those little buggers can nip and turn much better than the real things and as for hovering, I think that's just the plane flying towards the camera making it look like it's hovering but not.

As for reflections, I'd rule that out as reflective creations are normally much brighter than what is seen by the camera infront due to them being much nearer to the camera in real life, those things are not in any way the brightest items until one of them flies nearer the camera. They remain consistent with items in real space at distance to the camera.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Mclaneinc]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
To me this has the movement of a stunt kite (with lights attached to make it glow). That would explain why there was no noise from it and it could stay up as long as there was enough wind to keep it there. They look like they're being flown from the middle distance as one drops down in front of the far off buildings. It would also explain them being able to "hover". As one of the other posters says about the RC plane idea, a kite with lights would also change shape and brighten up or dim down depending on the angle it was presenting to the viewer.

Just my thoughts.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by shooderz]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/101a0308e619.jpg[/atsimg]

I enlarged the emboss edit, if you look closely, you can see the "bubble" effect coming off the top and bottom of the "flat body", which reinforces the idea that it has LEDs/Lights on the top and bottom of it. Just like the one reported a while back on ATS.

RC UFO

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Clisen33]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ok, this I believe is pretty legit looking film. Not CGI, nor faked. What ever it is, is really there in my opinion. What exactly it is, I dont know.

I actually heard earlier in the day the guy who took the footage, being interviewed. He seemed very genuine. If he was after big money or fame, he would have travelled 40 mins up the highway to the Herald-Sun or the Age, but he just wanted it to be seen. So the local paper (Geelong Addy) was good enough for him. I think that discounts him trying to make some bucks of this.

All I can say is he seemed really driven to find out what exactly it was. In his words he said it was like nothing he had seen, he said they flew up way to fast to be anything like an RC plane (although thats what I'm leaning towards ATM). Also he noted it flew down at street level, very slowly above the houses...???

I was pretty peev'ed that at the end of the interview Denis Walter (I think) suggested it might be...Then he cued the song for the Flying Purple People Eater. Not helpful in solving the puzzle, as ppl will think he's slightly crazy or nuts. This did not appear to be his character at all.

I'm eager to see this solved, I hope RC planes can be proven wrong, because otherwise its some great new footage!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Zaiger…..

Many thanks for your help.

I have circled the lighted field noting the still frame makes it more difficult to distinguish than on the YT video.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4da728e7bb1d.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a link to the Geelong RC aircraft club website:

www.gmaa.org.au...

Here is a link to their newsletter showing the grounds from which they fly:

www.gmaa.org.au...

The newsletter also notes an event was held at Geelong on the 20.4.10.

Seeing the objects were filmed on the 19.4.10, it’s possible it could have been people practicing for the event on the 20.4.10.

Tonight I will write to the one of the club committee members & ask them for their comments regarding the video.

Coincidentally, I am flying to Geelong on Tuesday for a meeting, so it might be possible for me to meet with one of the club committee members in person & show them the video & discuss it with them.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Here's the e-mail I just sent to the editor of the Geelong RC aircraft newsletter:

Sent: Thursday, 22 April 2010 18:39
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Regarding The "Geelong UFO" as Filmed on the Night of 19.4.10

Dear Madam or Sir

I am writing to you regarding the “Geelong UFO” video posted on YouTube on the 19.4.10 as per the following link:

www.youtube.com...

The “Geelong UFO” was also the subject of an article in the Geelong Advertiser as per the following link:

www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...

I am of the opinion the video might be showing remote control aircraft being flown at night on the 19.4.10.

As a member of the website “Above Top Secret” (www.abovetopsecret.com) I am discussing my views with other members in the “UFO Forum”.

In view of this, I would be very keen to know if any members of your club would be interested in commenting on this video.

I also note that coincidentally, I will be flying to Geelong on Tuesday for a meeting at Geelong Hospital.

I mention this in case one of your members would like to catch up with me for a quick coffee (my shout!) whilst I’m there.

Kind regards & thank you for considering my e-mail.

Hunka Hunka Burnin’ Love

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sperical123
reply to post by zaiger

If you think it's trickery i challenge you to recreat this video or anything close???

Okay to start off what is the big difference between this
*snip*

and this
*snip*

One is a video, and one is a still?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join