It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New UFO Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
stick a light on one of these

www.wimp.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have to say I am very impressed with this video. As for the guy saying it was a camera trick with a light, I highly doubt it. The object seems to be going behind buildings and does disappear on and off behind the buildings.

As for it being an alien craft I don't know and can't confirm that it is. But I do believe it's genuine footage and that it is capable of being called a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object).

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
In the headlong rush to propose the RC plane we seem to have overlooked that there must have been two of them, for a good part of the video.

I would suggest that someone actually goes and replicates something like this using RC planes with attached LED lights so that, for future, reference, it can be viewed against any further footage that is received?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I don't post much, mostly lurk, but I had to put in my 2 cents worth. I am an avid RC pilot with over 10 years of flying. I have probably 30 planes right now, multiple remotes, etc. I have about 15 ready to fly at any one time. So here is what I can tell you about them and this video.

They are all electric, most of the motors are brushless outrunners, and very quiet. Some can't be heard from 100 yards away.

Battry tech. has increased over the years. The standard are now Lithium Polomar (LiPo) packs. Getting 20-30 minutes run time on a pack is easy, even at wide open throttle and doing stunts.

3D flying (flying an airplane like a helicopter) has become increasingly popular in the last few years. Some of the stunts that can be preformed are unreal.

Night flying is fairly common, although I don't night fly, I know of some who do.

Perspective can be confusing. A plan comming at you and decending, may look like it is hovering and decending, especially from a distance.

I don't see anything in this video that an RC plane can't do, especially the way they hang around the same area. What does confuse me is the lights. Most night flyers mount green and red lights or strobes on the wing tips, so they can tell left from right in the darkness. I don't see that here.

However if they are over a lit field, wo could be seeing reflection off a white plane.

It has me stumped, I know RC planes when I see them, these however I could go either way on. I am just not sure.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Oh come on! Another video of flying dots??? And more believers talking # about debunkers because they don't accept these dots as alien piloted airships?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KnowMore

Thanx for that, much appreciated you added your knowledge on this subject. RC p[lanes does seem to be quite possibly what the witnesses saw, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by shooderz
To me this has the movement of a stunt kite (with lights attached to make it glow). That would explain why there was no noise from it and it could stay up as long as there was enough wind to keep it there. They look like they're being flown from the middle distance as one drops down in front of the far off buildings. It would also explain them being able to "hover". As one of the other posters says about the RC plane idea, a kite with lights would also change shape and brighten up or dim down depending on the angle it was presenting to the viewer.

Just my thoughts.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by shooderz]

Think thats it my dad used to fly kites and the movements match perfectly. 2:38 in this vid...

"kite w/ led"

[edit on 22-4-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I think we may have a winner with this one. This looks more like the video than RC airplanes would.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Don't think it's a kite, at least. Typically you don't fly stunt kites that high, and maintain that sort of control. Nor I don't see how you could have it move in a straight line horizontally. If you give it more string, it would if windy enough, go up and at an angle, not straight in a line. And it travels a LONG way for it to be a kite imo. I've seen and done plenty of kite flying, especially when I was in San Fran. I can't imagine any kite I've seen flying quite like that.

The video of the night flying kite and these objects don't really look the same at all. The known kite video shows it swooping repeatedly at very low altitude (in comparison to the one in the OP video). That's typically how I've seen them fly. You can't just magically give them a ton of string unless there is a fair bit of wind, nor retract it that quickly either. Basically, the higher it is, the more difficulty it is to perform tricks. That thing is pretty flipping high. And at night? Hmm.. must be the most skilled stunt kite flyer in the world there. And his sidekick.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This footage does seem real with real objects... but the question is what are they?

but why every time these videos shows up, Which has been happening more recently with the same objects,day or night time footage and it could never be something else rather then what we may think it is. someone always has a quick excuse of what it is then it gets used by everyone else that comes in here like its for sure, without a question its 100% RC Planes.

The truth is, You,I,US, everyone who says it could be this or it could be something that can be explained or debunked is just pure speculations from both ends and it'll take a lot more then watching videos on here or YT to get to the bottom of it.

If one really has to find out, got to go to that site and try to do the same thing with every single theory you can come up with during the night time and very long hours of analyzing footage,etc etc etc to really come up with an answer that MIGHT be right...

just my 2cent

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I personally don't see how this could be a kite. Sure, the movements are similar, but stunt kites would really be tricky to control at those heights. Keep in mind also I believe he was viewing across the bay. Theres a shed load of houses around this area. Not to mention also that underground powerlines are pretty much an unheard of invention down in Corio. (my nan lives there). The distance covered, which is hard to establish, just seems far to great to even conceive flying a stunt kite. Even tho low level flying is possible, you actually need more wind than a standard kite, as you have the added weight of two lines.
As a poster stated earlier, 1 or 2 kph of wind is barely enough to carry along a tissue. Adding to that, a battery and leds with enough gusto to be seen this clearly over the bay seems almost more improbable than a ufo!

RC plane, still seems most plausible, but I remain ever doubtful. Hope the guys puts the entire tape uncompressod of the web!

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Qumulys]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
BEFORE drawing your CONCLUSIONS after reading the rest of my post, watch from 5:45 to around 6:15 of the video... correct me if I'm wrong but if that were a kite i think you'd see a little boy or girl shortly after it lobbed into the night sky... and that much string? wind? control? height?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"haha, how gulible are some people? Seriously. I drove past Belmont Common on that Monday night and
it was people flying flourescent kites at night. Good story all the same"

Posted by: Baz of Geelong 4:25pm today
Comment 15 of 22
www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from this site listed above, there are a host of other people who viewed this first hand and gave their accounts... It's possible people WERE flying kites during the same day and this event happened either simultaneously or at least on this "Monday night" as well. I reserve that possibility... however i thought this comment should be investigated/followed up or at least exist posted on this topic forum.

I remain in my comfortable location of on the fence. (i go through a TONNE of pants
)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Interesting. But the weather conditions really dont seem to add up to "Baz's" claims. No offense to Geelong folk, but... On second thought I won't finish that sentence. Flouro kites, what kind of flouro is this?? They seem far to bright to be from some kind of flouro paint... Oh I don't know. I just can't trust the word of someone with the name Baz, its a bad flaw I know....
Also, how does it run along at street level, you have to get past the power lines, houses etc...? I also remain unconvinced still. Could still go anyway at this point I think. I hope someone gets hold of this guy and gets him on here, like the Sydney UFO. It made for an interesting thread.

EDIT
Just had a thought, perhaps the wind speed is more of an inland measurement? Maybe some extra breeze could be accounted for if there is some extra coastal breeze from being close to the water?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Qumulys]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It does look very much like radio controlled airplanes. If you watch at 5.45 (preferably enlarged on 480 resolution on youtube) the craft goes into a spin before briefly hitting the ground and getting airborne again. As I've no experience flying these things myself I had a look on youtube to see if I could find a video that matched the maneuvers and lo and behold this...

www.youtube.com...

It also looks like the landing zone for the craft is lower down a hill, overlooking the town which may add a perspective of them being higher than they actually are. For fun and too see one go pretty high anyway here's a cool video with a camera strapped onto one...

www.youtube.com...

I think the main problem with the OP is not the video itself but the continuing trend to use a headline and description that sensationalise the content. I didn't find the content "Amazing". But maybe that's just me

[edit on 22-4-2010 by logican]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think those could be 3D Aerobatic RC Helicopters with lights on them.

When you watch the video carefully, you can see that the momentum, and how it turns when it is closer to the ground, is similar to that of helicopters circling around.

Some of the maneuvers that the objects do are similar to that of 3D RC helicopters flipping upside down, and back. The path the objects make is almost identical.

At one point I thought one of them crashed their helicopter and it was falling to the ground, but it was just an aerobatic stunt done all the time in 3D aerobatic heli flying.

Something like this, but with lights:

They fly almost identical.

I own a few 3D remote control helicopters so I know quite a bit about them. "3D" means their collective pitch can go into the negatives and force the helicopter downwards so that when it is upside down, it can fly upwards.

There are also really cheap electric ones that are not as loud, and lots of light kits are available..

The movement looks way too similar to a 3D aerobatic RC heli.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

UFO sighting over Geelong caught on video

BREAKING NEWS AMAZING footage captured by a Highton businessman shows mystery balls of light zigzagging across Corio Bay, prompting speculation it was UFOs.
Businessman Anthony Raduka filmed the footage from the deck of his Highton home about midnight on Monday.

The footage shows balls of light flying over Corio Bay at great speed, dipping as low as street level before zigzagging back up through the sky.

The balls change colour and shape during the 20 mins of footage recorded.

Mr Raduka said the light was too fast to be an aircraft and it travelled in irregular directions.
Story Link

Fooled me to once before, but they're really RC planes with neon lights. A friend had the exact same thing flying above our house and had like 10 cars stop and look up. They flew in the EXACT same pattern as in this video.

Good efforts, but I'm afraid this is just a very annoying brand of RC plane!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

After seeing that video, I can see how it could possibly be kites. It looks plausible to me.

..but some reason at certain parts of the video it reminded me of a helicopter circling around. You can even see at the apex of a turn the object got wider just like a helicopter would if it was swinging it's tail rotor around during a small turn.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by drifta84
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

i can't wait to hear what happens with this. i really do think it could be RC aircraft, but hopefully not.

Drifta84.....

I hope the RC aircraft club writes back to me.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I do too. I said earlier, I thought these were actual objects, not CGI or anything else faked. I never ruled out RC' but had said the battery life lasted too long I thought.

I am really interested to hear what the RC club says. Seems like I heard or read this was filmed around midnight.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by keithm

My thought was remote control planes, but it was too quiet. This hexacopter (link below) does seem to be quiet enough. I think that because the light stays close to the ground and stays within a fairly contained area that it is probably not a UFO. The thirty minutes of watching it might be within the time that something like that could fly without being refueled or recharged.

www.wimp.com...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by inner_sanctum]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Definitely not bats,anyway.
Second line.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join