It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chomsky has ‘never seen anything like this’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Quit interesting article shows up in Tehran Times from Chomsky... Many things to think about where we are and to where we are heading.

“It is very similar to late Weimar Germany,” Chomsky told me when I called him at his office in Cambridge, Mass. “The parallels are striking. There was also tremendous disillusionment with the parliamentary system. The most striking fact about Weimar was not that the Nazis managed to destroy the Social Democrats and the Communists but that the traditional parties, the Conservative and Liberal parties, were hated and disappeared. It left a vacuum which the Nazis very cleverly and intelligently managed to take over.”

“The United States is extremely lucky that no honest, charismatic figure has arisen,” Chomsky went on. “Every charismatic figure is such an obvious crook that he destroys himself, like McCarthy or Nixon or the evangelist preachers. If somebody comes along who is charismatic and honest this country is in real trouble because of the frustration, disillusionment, the justified anger and the absence of any coherent response. What are people supposed to think if someone says ‘I have got an answer, we have an enemy’? There it was the Jews. Here it will be the illegal immigrants and the blacks.

We will be told that white males are a persecuted minority. We will be told we have to defend ourselves and the honor of the nation. Military force will be exalted. People will be beaten up. This could become an overwhelming force. And if it happens it will be more dangerous than Germany. The United States is the world power. Germany was powerful but had more powerful antagonists. I don’t think all this is very far away. If the polls are accurate it is not the Republicans but the right-wing Republicans, the crazed Republicans, who will sweep the next election.”

“I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime,” Chomsky added. “I am old enough to remember the 1930s.

www.tehrantimes.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

This is a very good article.

I have always liked Noam Chomsky, he has been a man fighting a lone fight in the US for peace and justice. He is not writing for longtime praise and appreciation, he is writing to make an impact on the their current political environment whether it was Vietnam in the '60s or The wests eroding democracy and corporate dictatorial wars.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UndeniableDeath

Sometimes is good to stop and listen old man talking. Respect.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by UndeniableDeath

Sometimes is good to stop and listen old man talking. Respect.

Definately, a very interesting article, just a look at British politics at the moment. The Majority hold the 2 main parties in contempt. I'm hoping we have learnt from history not to support a far right national party.

Interesting times

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thank you, not heard from Chomsky in a while. Always respect his point of view. He see's right through all the bullsh.

S&F for great material.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This reminds me of something Tom Horn wrote about in "Apollyon Rising 2012":defenderpublishing.blogspot.com...

Forebodingly, the end of Bush’s second term witnessed such civil clamor for renewed "hope" amidst widespread messianic fervor surrounding the election of America’s current president, Barack Hussein Obama. Bush’s Angel in the Whirlwind administration was indeed prophetic in that it accomplished exactly what elite occultists wanted: a fire burning in the minds of men, fanned by multinational chaos and desperation, resulting in universal entreaty for an inspirational and political demigod—a savior—to arise on the global scene promising a New World Order.

...When Bush was giving his second inaugural speech four years later, he again offered cryptic commentary, saying, "For a half century, America defended our own freedom by standing watch on distant borders. After the shipwreck of communism came years of relative quiet, years of repose, years of sabbatical - and then there came a day of fire...." A few paragraphs following, Bush added, "By our efforts, we have lit a fire as well - a fire in the minds of men. It warms those who feel its power, it burns those who fight its progress, and one day this untamed fire of freedom will reach the darkest corners of our world."

...The phrase, "a fire in the minds of men," is from Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s nineteenth century book, The Possessed (The Devils), a novel set in pre-revolutionary Russia where civil resistance is seen championed by nihilist Sergei Nechaev who tries to ignite a revolution of such destructive power that society will be completely destroyed. The fact that a United States president would quote this phrase in an official speech of record was astonishing to many analysts, given that The Possessed is about violent government crackdown on dissent that sparks civil unrest and revolution marked by public violence.[2]

Editor's note: All notations will be cited when this series of articles have concluded. The information is free to share with anybody and to repost but is COPYRIGHTED by Defender Publishing and the author. If you wish to post elsewhere, please include this copyright statement.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Chomsky is nothing more than the controlled left.

And I say that as one who has long followed his work and was inspired by his outspoken stands - when I was in college.

I certainly hope a strong, charasmatic, honest figure WOULD come into play and displace our current kleptocracy - but I just don't see that happening.

Our country is following the globalists roadmap to a T - and as long as they slowly turn up the heat in the pot - too few americans will realized their being boiled alive until our soverignty is officially dead.

If an honest man were to become president - the BEST thing they could do would be to declare martial law (temporarily of course) - and restore our republic to it's pre-civil war state.

They would have to add a few new amendments - after they repeal a few thoroughly corrupt ones - that would essentially outlaw private banks making currency - and anything but basic, equal, tax payer public funding of ALL political candidates.

Ahh - that would be a Good Day!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Noam Chomsky is great when you're 15 or 16 and you're just starting to get into politics but once you wise up to what total pedantic bull# the guy usually spouts, you tend to move on. While I respect him somewhat, he's mostly just a shrill for the left hand of the corporate zombie corpse that is groaning it's way through the highways of our "political system".

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

what the hell are you talking about, chomsky is an anarchist. the leading anarchist figure in america. and i quote: "I have often thought that if a rational Fascist dictatorship were to exist, then it would choose the American system" "If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war American president would have been hanged." "Tough love" is just the right phrase: love for the rich and privileged; tough for everyone else"

explain to my why you think he spouts bull**** and why hes nothing more than the controlled left?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
His use of the word "honest" there is very odd.

Do you think he just means perceived as honest, or actually honest?

You'd think he'd want someone honest to get into power, it seems odd that he would think that might lead to such a dire scenario.

I can understand his views on the reactionary right, that's standard fare for Chomsky, but why this use of the word honest?

Sorry if I'm over analysing, but it's really weird to me.

[edit on 21/4/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hasn't Glenn Beck been saying this for over a year now? Is Chomsky trying to ape Becks gig?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds

Do you think he just means perceived as honest, or actually honest?

You'd think he'd want someone honest to get into power, it seems odd that he would think that might lead to such a dire scenario.

I can understand his views on the reactionary right, that's standard fare for Chomsky, but why this use of the word honest?

Sorry if I'm over analysing, but it's really weird to me.

[edit on 21/4/2010 by harpsounds]

One who doesn't have skeletons in the closet, and actually believes what he says and lives it in a way that people find accessibly normal. Someone who is what they would be if they had integrity.

Chomsky is interesting. I don't agree with him regularly. However, worth a read.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Hitchens attacking Chomsky.

What a shame.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel

What a shame.

You could clone Hitchens, set him next to Hitchens, and Hitchens would attack Hitchens

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds

In the same sense Hitler was "honest". Hitler really believed what he said.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel

What a shame.

Christopher Hitchins? The "drink-soaked ex-Trotskite popinjay"? So funny.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Chomsky is the closest thing to a real moral voice in America. This is quite shocking that he says this.

Incidentally, to those attacking Chomsky, perhaps you should give details rather than just calling him a left-wing shill. His criticisms of the people that create your attitudes are a helluva lot more incisive.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just posted this idea -

Its dangerous...

All totalitarian regimes are based upon PATRIOTISM, ALL OF THEM sent to take the country back.

Given the rhetoric, this would be fitting

All they need is a leader and boots

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I saw the article here:

www.truthdig.com...

Loved it. I loved the rebuttal comments just as much.

I never really know how to feel about Chomsky. However, I do think Hedges has it right about a lot of things, especially how "the machine wants violence to justify further oppression."

The more I think about these things the more I'm inclined to think that the natural progression of a civilization is mental illness and chaos.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The article asks -- can you read what Chomsky wrote on Vietnam anymore? The answer is no ---

This is not true! I actually emailed Chomsky about getting his book "At War with Asia" back in print -- this was 2000. The next year AK Press reissued At War with Asia -- the best book on the Indochina genocial attack.

www.amazon.com...=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0394462106&pf_rd_m=AT VPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08JGZABEY8E9P8QPNF19

[edit on 21-4-2010 by drew hempel]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join