It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chomsky has ‘never seen anything like this’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

I'm pretty sure that was meant in a rhetorical way, as in he is not the same person - philosophically.
But you made me smile.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
seems Chomsky is the one obsessed with the white bogeyman, why such self hatred

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I know, everybody has already seen this one, but if you haven't, you may enjoy it...I know I do...Buckley has so much more life force than Chomsky in this clip, Chomsky is like poisonous diet soda, or the father of sickly babies doomed to die soon after birth...

I don't think Chomsky enjoys anything so much as moralizing unto others, he lives to stagger out of the desert and tell us what's what and spoil the peasants' enjoyments....

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I miss Buckley. Such a personality, so fun to watch.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet

If an honest man were to become president - the BEST thing they could do would be to declare martial law (temporarily of course) - and restore our republic to it's pre-civil war state.

unfortunately as the saying goes...the right man for the presidency..will never be president.

same goes for every country and their leader

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Would an anarchist give this statement concerning post 9/11 policy and also concerning those who claim that the government either assisted with 9/11 or ponzi schemed the American public by taking advantage of that situation.

"I will try, and I think we should, bend over backwards to give the benefit of the doubt to the United States government whenever it's possible. Whenever there is any reason to dispute how they interpret something, we'll assume that they are right".

He is a controlled left gatekeeper and a professor of Linguistics at MIT. His studies of language and media studies should be taken into consideration that he manufactures his own consent against those who don't pay that much attention to what he says. This is a guy who said "who cares" when asked about 9/11 truth. Who cares?!!? Um how about all of those millions upon millions of dead civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq? Chomsky has used a formula over the years consistently: blame “America” and “corporations” while failing to examine the hidden Globalist overclass which pulls the strings, using the U.S. as an engine of creation and destruction. Then after pinning all the worlds ills on American imperialism, Chomsky offers the solution of world government under the United Nations. Chomsky’s role in propaganda paradigm is much like that of Karl Marx: to present a false liberation ideology which actually supports the desired solutions of the elite. Marx pointed out the inequalities and brutality of capitalism and then advocated a one world bank, army, and government with the abolition of private property and religion; in other words, the major goals of the New World Order.

He's a redirection agent. What anarchist actually advocates UN World Rule?? He's not an anarchist, he's a poser. A total contradictory POSER.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Anyone who says this with a straight face should just be booted out of MIT.

“CIA support for bin Laden (which is not quite accurate) or the Taliban (also not quite accurate) doesn’t seem to me remotely relevant.”

I seriously question the validity of Chomsky's academic credentials making such an incredulous statement.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Seems rather "race baity" to me. There is absolutely no need to bring up whites, Jews (I get it. It's a religion not a race) or blacks. We are ALL a persecuted minority. I don't trust Chomsky.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've no doubt that if there was a violent revolution anytime soon it would come from the far right. The same ones who paint the left as potential Nazis. The objective of such a revolution would be the installation of a "strong man" figure at the head of government and a totalitarian regime. Also the restoration of the "white man" to his "place in the sun."

Chomsky is only talking about what he has seen before.

We should listen to the people who lived through the 1930's. Remember the old saying -- those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Sestias]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Well, given the state of the popular movements we have today, we’d probably have a fascist takeover-with everybody agreeing to it, because that would be the only method for survival that anyone could think of. I’d even agree to it, because there’s just no other alternatives right now.”

(“Understanding Power”, p. 388)

I guess he'd be good at calling the perfect recipe for fascism, seeing as how he basically he is one.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
While I respect Chomsky's work on linguistics, I find his political insight to be lacking. To compare the US to the Weimar Republic ignores major factors that lead to the Weimar Republic's downfall, such as the worst case of hyperinflation in history.

EDIT: I was just corrected. The Weimar Republic was not the worst case of hyperinflation in history, it is simply the most famous. However, my point remains that the US economy is nowhere near as bad as the Weimar Republic's, which was essentially the biggest factor contributing to its downfall and the rise of Hitler.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Xcalibur254]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

Originally posted by TruthMagnet

If an honest man were to become president - the BEST thing they could do would be to declare martial law (temporarily of course) - and restore our republic to it's pre-civil war state.

unfortunately as the saying goes...the right man for the presidency..will never be president.

same goes for every country and their leader

That's such a load of nihilistic crap man I can't even begin to tell you.

Is it hard to get a Honest man of Integrity into the office of the Presidency? - hell yes - it's hard work - but look at what Ron Paul accomplished with his fundraising - millions in just a day - and he repeated that several times.

And that money came from hard working people like you and me - I donated to THREE different moneybombs for his campaign - each one MORE successful than the last - you think I EVER donated for one of those common crooks who run for president ever before - HELL NO!

He had all the money he needed - the people were just misled by TV - but already he has more recognition NOW than EVER BEFORE.

We can keep this momentum UP and raise a GOOD MAN into the presidency - or we can Give Up - and like R. Nader so aptly said at the DNC last year - those that turn off to politics - will soon be turned on and attacked by the criminal politicians they failed to prevent getting elected!

I don't even think Ron Paul would be the best candidate for president - frankly I would be a better candidate for President - and I'm sure there are hundreds of other honest hard-working Americans who could serve just as well as me!

Us HONEST Patriots may not formerly have sought the positions of power so often filled by men with more ambition than character - but in the face of the Fall of the Republic - we are ready NOW to stand and be accounted for - and if public office is how we can BEST serve our Country - than so be it - we WILL NOT FAIL to serve the PEOPLE - who have it in THEIR POWER to put us there - and to TEAR DOWN the KLEPTOCRACY that has developed in the vacuum created by our collective apathy and in our willful ignorance!

NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTRY!!!

"We shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Country, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall NEVER SURRENDER!"

- Winston Churchill (June 4th, 1940)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

What does monetary policy have to do with his comparisons? That's like arguing:

"I don't think Chomsky has a good grasp on American politics when he compares us to Weimar germany, because we don't speak German. So how could we be like Weimar?"

I think he's more concerned with the despair, hopelessness, misinformation, and cynical distrust of everything/everybody.

As he has said many times, American's don't know why they are having as many problems as they are -- and nobody is explaining this to them. Nobody except for fox noise, glenn beck, rush limbaugh, etc. And they're sure as hell not giving honest answers -- but Americans are so dumb they'll follow these figureheads right into the slaughter house.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

As I stated already the financial aspect was the critical piece in the rise of the Nazi party. Until the US economy completely collapses like it did in the Weimar Republic we're not going to see a changing of the guard. As the economy begins to improve people are going to start placing more trust in the government. The fact of the matter is that most people don't care what the government does as long as they have a means to earn a decent income. So, until the inflation rate hits 3,250,000% per month people are going to continue to put their trust in the same people they always have because under those people they are able to make a living and in the end most people only care about money, and so long as their money is worth something they will be happy living life as a sheep.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Zimbabe had the highest inflation rate in history, and their government did not collapse because of it.

This just goes to show you that government/nations can survive in the face of economic downturns and catastrophes. What happened in Weimar wasn't just caused by a downturn in the economy and hyperinflation, it was caused by a loss of faith in both political parties, combined with despair and lack of hope that things could ever get better.

[/edit my point about zimbabwe is that they didn't fall to fascism.. Their society is still intact, and there is no dictator who came to power.

They also use USDs, now, interestingly enough, which is another reason why a dollar collapse is so unlikely -- it's the reserve currency of the world. From Asia to Zimbabe, most of the world uses dollars as a reserve.]

Chomsky never said that America was going to turn into Nazi germany, either. He said the comparisons were frightening, though.

My whole mom's side of the family is german, and I asked my grandmother how something like that could ever happen in the first place. I remember she told me "the guy living next door, or below you was a nazi. If you spoke against nazi doctrine, he'd turn you in."

So I'd say watch out for that kind of behavior. If some takeover happens, and you become surrounded by people who distrust you to the point of calling some kind of "tip hotline" if you speak against their beliefs -- that's when you know it's too late, and it's time to move out of the country or fight to take it back.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg

[/edit my point about zimbabwe is that they didn't fall to fascism.. Their society is still intact, and there is no dictator who came to power.

They also use USDs, now, interestingly enough, which is another reason why a dollar collapse is so unlikely -- it's the reserve currency of the world. From Asia to Zimbabe, most of the world uses dollars as a reserve.]

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Kaytagg]

No dictator came to power in Zimbabwe ? Check out Robert Mugabe's Wiki entry and then come back and tell me you still think Zimbabwe doesn't have a dictator at the helm....

Zimbabwe uses the USD as its de-facto currency as its own currency has been so dramatically eroded its almost not worthwhile continuing to print local banknotes as the value of same plummets on a daily basis..And this is due to the almost complete collapse of the Zimbabwe economy...

Their society is a long way from being intact as well...

Thirty years ago Zimbabwe was considered "the food bowl" of Africa...Majority rule has seen it descend into a state of nepotism in government; anarchy and violence on its streets; and extreme poverty for a majority of its people...

Zimbabwe probably wasn't the best example you could have used

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Actually the reason that people question Chomsky on matters of economy and finance is that he doesn't ever actually question the status quo like the Federal Reserve or how currencies are manipulated through international banks. What do you expect from a guy who supports UNICEF? Chomsky is a FRAUD, a fake, a poser, and a deep cover CIA agent in all probability.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Zimbabe had the highest inflation rate in history, and their government did not collapse because of it.

This just goes to show you that government/nations can survive in the face of economic downturns and catastrophes...

A Maplecroft risk assessment of Zimbabwe's political future is in sharp disagreement with your assessment of that region. Here is a report from Zimbabwe Daily News just posted yesterday:

AS we speak now Zanu-PF still have the levers of power firmly in their hands. However those hands have been oiled and the levers are sliding firmly out of them. Zanu-PF was dealt a fatal blow by the financial and monetary mismanagement that went on between 2006 and 2007.

Zanu-PF will certainly never dominate Zimbabwe’s politics again. The MDC have been very lucky to be the only alternative on the horizon. However the signs are that they are not a particularly good alternative.

This news analysis goes one to state:

Zanu-PF will survive the next election due to careful political machinations and by virtue of their current hold on power. Beyond that, I don’t see them surviving at all.

And finally ends with this:

Right now Zimbabwe’s political ship is rudderless. There is no clear and firm vision of where our leaders want to take the country.

I don't know about you buddy, but Zimbabwe doesn't seem like any sure bet as far as political stability goes.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So is Chomsky suggesting that Obama will fail at such a devastating level that the vast majority of a country that has been mainly split 50/50 will go extreme right?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo
Zimbabwe probably wasn't the best example you could have used

You're right about that.

Originally posted by Xtrozero
So is Chomsky suggesting that Obama will fail at such a devastating level that the vast majority of a country that has been mainly split 50/50 will go extreme right?

I don't think that's what he was saying.. I think what he was saying is that people are beginning to dislike both parties, and that there might be a power vacuum soon; if that vacuum gets filled by a rush limbaughite who doesn't just pay lip service to the extreme right's views, but actually believers/practices them, then we could be in for a whole lot of trouble.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join