It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White supremacists arrested in raids after booby trap attacks on California police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

White supremacists arrested in raids after booby trap attacks on California police

www.nydailynews.com

The Southern California homes of dozens of white supremacists were raided Tuesday as part of a probe into a string of potentially deadly booby trap attacks targeting police officers, authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I knew about this for awhile, I live not very far from hemet and had heard someone was targeting Police officers.

They had offered a reward for information, someone had pipped natural gas into one of the police stations, another attack was a bobby trapped shotgun on the entrance gates, also an unmarked gang unit had been bobby trapped.

What i kinda felt was odd was that not one of these attacks caused any damage, no matter how stupid or incompetent these people were you think someone would of got hurt (not that Im complaining thankfully no one was.)

Also something disturbing is in a lot of the comments on where this story is reported people are already trying to link it to tea party people, I wonder how long until the rest of the media tries to?

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is a sign that they are at war, and they need to start conducting themselves as if they are policing a hostile population. It's a grim mindset, I'm sure, but obviously necessary.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hemet Ca is an odd city too, Its the home base of Scientology (I drove over just to take a look and that is one strange compound over there). Its filled with retired people and small retirement communities, I had not noticed a white supremacist presence although I don't live there, there is a large white community, but also hispanic (there are hispanic gangs I've seen).

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is a terrible event and I'm sorry to see it happen. I'm glad no one was injured and hopefully they can put an end to all of this quickly. No one, over seas or at home, deserves to be at risk from an improvised trap.

Before it becomes a pro-cop/anti-cop thread, lets just agree that this kind of conduct is terrible.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Sounds like another possible False Flag. If your going to setup Traps your going to kill someone.
No exceptions.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
if i remember correctly
authorities were after these guys
before the Hutaree group were
raided. They just didn't know
who to arrest until now.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaz490
Sounds like another possible False Flag. If your going to setup Traps your going to kill someone.
No exceptions.

That's highly dependent on the training and the intelligence of those setting the traps and the ability of the targets to detect them. So, I think it's hard to claim it's a false flag based on the failure of the traps.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
STORY UPDATE: from the link in the OP

None of the arrests were directly related to the booby trap
attacks that have plagued the small Hemet Police Department since
New Year's Eve.

"But we hope some (arrests) will lead us to our suspects,"
Brown said.

THEY WEREN'T responsible
yet they were raided!!!!!!

OMG !!!!

How can u arrest and raid folks just to find
out who committed a crime???

This is martial law !!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that you cannot ARREST someone, without CHARGING them with a crime. What CRIME have they been charged with? You cannot just arrest someone because you SUSPECT that they have committed one, without some EVIDENCE of a crime.
If they are suspending the writ of Habeas Corpus under the guise of the Patriot Act, they are on shaky ground. This seems like a flagrant violation and abuse of power by this local police department.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that you cannot
ARREST someone, without CHARGING them with a crime. What
CRIME have they been charged with?

Absolutely NOTHING other than their
supremacist beliefs. They were SUSPECTED !!!

This is a vagrant violation of the constitution
AND civil rights !!!!

And nobody cares !!!!

The US Gov is systematically ridding itself
of ANY and ALL resistance .... one small group at
a time and are taking all their guns in the
process. This gonna start a war.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The US Gov is systematically ridding itself of ANY and ALL resistance .... one small group at a time and are taking all their guns in the process.

I see, my friend, that YOU see the light. It's too bad many others do not.
The government starts cracking down on those groups that most people don't agree with, first. Then, they start upping the ante.

Pastor Martin Niemöller's famous remarks come to mind here:

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

yep, very relevant
star 4 U

I'm just wondering how long it is gonna take
for society in general to see the light ???

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

None of the arrests were directly related to the booby trap
attacks that have plagued the small Hemet Police Department since
New Year's Eve.

"But we hope some (arrests) will lead us to our suspects,"
Brown said.

THEY WEREN'T responsible
yet they were raided!!!!!!

OMG !!!!

How can u arrest and raid folks just to find
out who committed a crime???

This is martial law !!!!

If they got legal warrants to search the premises, vehicles, etc. of these people or if for some reason they had enough just cause to enter these premises, and then found illegal weapons and narcotics, that is completely valid reason to arrest these people. Also, some were picked up on parole violations. It's not clear if the parole violations are what led to the arrest, or if the parole violations were the result of being in possession of guns, narcotics, or some other situation that was found after the raids - either way, that is another valid reason to arrest someone.

That is NOT martial law, that is how law enforcement works:

You find a reason to do a search, get in there legally either via a warrant or having just cause, and then if you find violations, you arrest people for it. It's how we get drug dealers, it's how we get murderers it's how it's always been. If there was no valid warrant or if it's found the cops went in with no just cause, these charges will be dropped. That happens too, when the cops screw up (which they sometimes do). If these people are willing to turn evidence on those trying to booby trap and harm cops, they will likely get their charges either reduced or dropped, too.

[edit on 4/21/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i thought it was a biker gang? I think the reports said the mongols are responsible, but they are a white/latino/asian gang.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The hard part is we just have to believe in what TPTB are saying. What if
this is just a way of rounding up the people they fear most first? The ones that can do the most damage? Then it's more of a cake walk as they go.

Oh wow ok I agree with Profemeritus.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh wow ok I agree with Profemeritus

Great minds think alike.

Of course, there is another similar statement that is less flattering to both of us, so I won't go there.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
They are slowly eliminating all "fringe" groups. If you have a belief that goes against the majority democrat/republican mindset, TPTB are going to take you out. I await their arrival with loaded guns.

It amazes me that people still think we live in a free society. Freedom means the right to say your a white supremacist, minority hating, nazi A hole.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

It amazes me that people still think we live in a free society

True. There is a group, however, that may not take much more from this administration-namely the US military. Obama's actions against the military, such as cutting the budget, ignoring the recommendations of the military, etc. have created a serious lack of trust in their "Commander in Chief".
We may start seeing more articles like this one from last September:
mediamatters.org...

Newsmax columnist: Military coup "to resolve the 'Obama problem' " is not "unrealistic"
here is a remote, although gaining, possibility America's military will intervene as a last resort to resolve the "Obama problem." Don't dismiss it as unrealistic.

America isn't the Third World. If a military coup does occur here it will be civilized. That it has never happened doesn't mean it wont. Describing what may be afoot is not to advocate it.

[...]

Will the day come when patriotic general and flag officers sit down with the president, or with those who control him, and work out the national equivalent of a "family intervention," with some form of limited, shared responsibility?

Imagine a bloodless coup to restore and defend the Constitution through an interim administration that would do the serious business of governing and defending the nation. Skilled, military-trained, nation-builders would replace accountability-challenged, radical-left commissars. Having bonded with his twin teleprompters, the president would be detailed for ceremonial speech-making.

Military intervention is what Obama's exponentially accelerating agenda for "fundamental change" toward a Marxist state is inviting upon America. A coup is not an ideal option, but Obama's radical ideal is not acceptable or reversible.

Unthinkable? Then think up an alternative, non-violent solution to the Obama problem. Just don't shrug and say, "We can always worry about that later."

In the 2008 election, that was the wistful, self-indulgent, indifferent reliance on abnegation of personal responsibility that has sunk the nation into this morass.

top topics

join