It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build an cyborg...then bind a human soul to it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What if you build an android (using animal neurons,human genes,synthetic tissue printing/grafting and nanomachine logic block,rna processors and dynamic protien/rna manipulation integrated into the synthetic cells) then bonded a human soul to it, like how some haunted objects have souls bonded to them?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by John_Rodger_Cornman]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Very nice idea, dr. Frankenstein.

I wish you luck in your endeavours. It may be hard to find one crucial part for your 'creation', which I suppose is the soul.

But I guess we see walking things greatly resembling those you describe in everyday life; although I am unsure whether the last ingredient is soul but rather material bound psychological ego instinct.

-v

[edit on 21-4-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

A soul will not incarnate if there is no spirit attached to it.
So, to attach a soul to a cyborg is impossible.
Just my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Man i agree,I got my cyborg built and ready with all the creature comforts(heat sensors,GPS,language translators,combat programs and a plasma rifle w/ 30 watt range)but i cant find a soul laying around anywhere i even looked on E-bay

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

I thought the soul and the spirit were the same thing?? What's the difference if you don't mind answering. Thanks

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wondering302
reply to post by lagenese

I thought the soul and the spirit were the same thing?? What's the difference if you don't mind answering. Thanks

Try to see the soul as a hard disk that records all events and the spirit as the processor that runs the hard disk. The spirit is the cosmic counterpart of a human being. We are multidimensional, and the spirit dominates the soul, and in turn, the soul dominate the ego. The game of life is very simple to understand. But to really know this, you must know without doubt that you are in fact multidimensional. You must also know the inner workings of the mind, which is one of the greatest mysteries of mankind.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I believe there is "soul" gland in our bodies..well science sort of proved it..at the time of death..the body weighed less..sounds crazy..I know..

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The soul is a concept without a measurable concrete definition; I think it unlikely you would be able to bind one to a cyborg.

Regardless, where would you get the soul? Capture one from a dead/dying person? unethical don't you think?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
SO the soul downloading thing is like AVATAR I knew there was a second AGENDA with that nice movie lol. But I dont think its possible unless you are using some ancient mass methods of downloading them like a ahh (SPIRIT CHAMBER) which still cannot bring an actual soul back nor transmit it in the same exact soul pattern and you may cause an anomaly which may destroy your WHOLE REALM OF OR DIMENSION depending on how you view LONG DISTANCE TRAVELERS. To me sounds like a DEMONIC trap to get SOULS to stay in this realm of darkness (LONLEY NATAS LMAO) why being tricked into believing they are just living on a planet MARS LOL. Eventually someones gonna have to come up off them SOULS, ABOVE.

THINKS OF VENUS, SMH???

[edit on 4/21/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I heard they do this in Project seagate and that it does actually work, u can remove a soul from a human and place it in a synthetic body not sure on what the actually do to achieve this of course but i have heard that they do it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I'm familiar with how the body weighs 21 grams less after death, but if it was a gland like you said, wouldn't the "gland" still be present after death?
Do you think a gland would just vanish?

BTW on this topic methinks someone watches "Caprica"

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The soul isn't proven to exist, nor is it disproven. The only way to know for sure means your dead. Now if you take your cyborg and transplant a brain or some sort of neuroelectrical memory transfer to a cybernetic brain or computer, now you have some possibilities.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't think it is possible to acquisition someone elses soul let alone bind it to an non-living object. Then again i could be wrong, I don't know much about this subject. How could you entrap something ethereal?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The same way haunted objects like robert the dolly work.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Where is that box of human souls that I had laying around?

Lol. I agree that is the one big and obvious problem with this theory. No tangible "soul" to attach to anything.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by v01i0

Where is that box of human souls that I had laying around?

Lol. I agree that is the one big and obvious problem with this theory. No tangible "soul" to attach to anything.

channel one...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

We have no way of knowing if a soul can be channeled. Because the "soul" is something our science is incapable of measuring, or quantifying, we have no way of knowing if all those who claim to be channeling are simply lying or delusional. (Not that I am saying they are, only that we have no way to prove it)

This is the fundamental problem or divide between "science" and "mysticism." Science is restricted by necessity to what we can measure, quantify, and mysticism is not. Until we can quantify "soul" your proposal is not really viable. It may in theory be possible to do it, but no one would ever be able to tell that it was done, prove that it was done, or distinguish it from a lie or fraud or charlatanism.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I remember Robert the Dolly! They told me if I thought about it before I went to sleep, that I'd get messed with in my dreams. It didn't happen.

On the plus side, I'd be willing to give you a one-time use of my soul for a low, low price. How does $250 sound? I'll just need your paypal information....

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
hahaha. Well I'll take it on credit. Deal?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Then you would have terrible bad karma.
Not even worth thinking about

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join