It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS on an iPad - Perfecto!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I got rid of my touch because of a security breach. Read about it on the web.
There is someone getting into peoples accounts and charging for apps etc . Apple will not reverse the charges.

It happened to me. My password was very complicated. I had no keyloggers. It was never written down.
In fact I only used the password on the device itself . There was no way to get hacked . It was on apples end. Happening to a lot of people and Apple is keeping it under the rug. Just google Itouch hacking ( phones too).

It appears to be the makers of certain Apps, that are the breach, and they
get your account info, and purchase their apps on the hacked account.
They get paid , regardless of the account being reported as hacked because Apple will not refund and will not admit to the breach. There were 40 apps purchased in one day on my account , all apps from the same two App developers. It is happening to a LOT of people.

Needless to say, I sold it. I took my paypal account off Apple, and then not being able to download when I wanted made the device pointless for me.

Now, when they can fix their security breach, and then find some Wifi, I may buy an IPAD.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by HunkaHunka

As a programmer for the last 18 years (professionally), I think it's always a good idea to know what the computer industry can offer, so I find it strange that you think this is something new.

If you look here you can see the point of view of one computer maker, and you can see that wireless networking on a pen-driven device is something from the XXth century.

[edit on 23/4/2010 by ArMaP]

Here's a great article with the following quote.

Perhaps, though, that is ultimately why HP has terminated the Slate. Maybe HP realized what the HP-faithful and Windows loyalists still deny--the iPad represents a fundamental shift in mobile computing that defies direct comparison with PC's or virtually any other platform for that matter.

See... even HP realizes that the iPad can't simply be compared to a tablet PC, because it's not one....

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Explanation: Again I have to ask "Perfecto"???

Here is why...

BREAKING: Apple's Worst Security Breach: 114,000 iPad Owners Exposed
[ATS]

Personal Disclosure:

<< 1  2   >>

join