It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS on an iPad - Perfecto!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Just thought I would drop a note that browsing ats on an iPad is a whole other level of amazing.

Don't believe me and don't plan on getting one? I recommend you dropping by your local best buy or apple store and browse on over to ATS...

Gone are the primitive days in which I had to sit in front of a computer to read ATS... Now I just drag my finger over a piece of illuminated glass...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Just curious, not sounding ignorant (cause I have never used an iPad), but how has it improved web browsing? Whats it like?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Just thought I would drop a note that browsing ats on an iPad is a whole other level of amazing.

Wait until you experience the new ATS 2010 on your iPad (I have one also)... it's excellent.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Is it hard to read though? Wouldn't the width of a website (like ats) have to be compacted to fit in the window of an iPad?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

It's hard to describe, but I really enjoy how brilliant the colors are. Also if I wish to star a post i simply touch the star... I don't "click" anything...

I guess the mere primal nature of interfacing with the web directly with my hands and seeing it in the dimensions the iPad makes available which are different than normal, add to the mystique

[edit on 21-4-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by groomlake9

Is it hard to read though? Wouldn't the width of a website (like ats) have to be compacted to fit in the window of an iPad?

Not at all...

For one you can zoom into anything, but ATS reads beautifully in both portrait and landscape for different reasons

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Explanation: Perfecto?

Please watch this flash [.flv] movie that I uploaded and won a BTS talent contest with OK!

(click to open player in new window)

Personal Disclosure: If you can watch it I'd love to hear your explicit details on exactly how you accomplished it!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I am anxious to see that!!!

Any word on when we might experience it?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Yeah, embedded YouTube and media doesn't seem to work as well on ATS, but honestly, I don't seem to mind it.

I can see most embedded videos on sites like CNN.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I am now leaning further and further towards getting one. Can't wait to se what ATS:2010 looks like on iPad

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
HunkaHunka,
Don't you think, a week after apple released it's ipad, they announced a multitasking OS for the iphone (which will likely be in the next gen of ipad's) that a little self-control and patience would have paid off?

All's well and good being the 1st to achieve the consumerist kudos of being the first to buy, but hey? it has minimal extras... and will be SO yesterday when the newer multitasking 3G models are released.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Not at all... I have been wanting one ever since I got my iphone 4 years ago... And i still have that :-)

I use the iPad to do all of my work now so I am free from heavy machines :-)

That plus I will be buying a 3G model as well, at which time i will give this wifi only model to my son.

This one is just my own personal test run.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

My advice would be to wait until the 3G version comes out later this month. The monetary difference is negligible and it's much more of a machine. No need for WiFi!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It's definitely a cool thing...just not sure how many gadgets a guy can handle.

What about ergonomics? I mean holding it like a notepad for long periods of time seems like it would become uncomfortable. A couple reviewers were surprised at how much it weighed. The have a stand for it...what's your experience been like...how's a comfy way to hold it?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Just wanted to post this video of my ipad after seeing this post.

Also I have the iphone and I use it as a Wifi tether for my ipad so no need to wait for the 3g version (jail break) also when ever a faster Iphone comes out ill just use that and no need to upgrade my ipad!

media.abovetopsecret.com...

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 21-4-2010 by benrl]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
nvm

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Gone are the primitive days in which I had to sit in front of a computer to read ATS... Now I just drag my finger over a piece of illuminated glass...

iiii smell conspiracy here... where do you work?...

//gasp// APPLE??

just kidding.

i imagine it looks cool!

-

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Enjoying Flash? oh wait...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
MS pushed theirs off to next year. Hopefully the market will start bubbling up with these things. Personally gonna wait til a good linux or MS one comes out but in the meantime I am generally interested in these pads. They have been around for quite some time so hopefully they gain some steam and someone other than crapple can put a good one out.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Don't you think, a week after apple released it's ipad, they announced a multitasking OS for the iphone (which will likely be in the next gen of ipad's) that a little self-control and patience would have paid off?

I'm sure the new multitasking OS will be available as a firmware upgrade via iTunes just like for the iphones / ipods

But if you want 3G then you'll need to buy that version.
Shame Apple didn't include USB ports, apart from that I like the thing..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join