It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is NO Such Thing As Indigo Children (Pseudo-Science Ones). Yup It's True.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There are 2 phenomena that have remained constant throughout human history:

1. People like to think that they are special.

2. People like to think that their children are special.

This indigo crap is nothing more than that.... ZOMG I can think for myself, I must have alien DNA!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I think you are right. What we see here is a new beginning.
For now it's still an option. Divide and conquer starts at the very beginning of this new spirituality based religion.

So recognizable

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Yes, thanks for the information, as others might find it interesting. I once wrote a term paper on the topic for a physical science class while I was in middle school.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't know how i feel about this label, but if it is true i definitely feel like an Indigo Child. My parents never thought i was one, never mentioned it to me or anything like that. I didn't know about Indigo Children until a year or two ago and when i read the description i felt it fit me almost perfectly.

Descriptions of indigo children include the belief that they are empathetic, curious, strong-willed, independent, and often perceived by friends or family as being weird; possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose; and also exhibit a strong inclination towards spiritual matters from early childhood.

I am very empathetic, i hate seeing people in pain, i hate seeing people get angry and people yelling. I am very curious, i want to know everything about life, how everything works and how everything is made. I remember my father being annoyed at all my questions when i was young. I am very strong willed, i want things to go my way because i know it's the right way. I am super dependent, i love being by myself and most people piss me off because of their outlook on life and what they focus on. I have always been labeled as weird, especially in high school. I know why i am hear on earth, i want to help save the world. It upsets me at how humans are treating our earth and i am trying to bring awareness through photography of animals. I have a great fascination with everything spiritual and religious.

Indigo children have also been described as having a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here." Other alleged traits include a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability, and resistance to authority.[2][4]

I don't think i am too smart, but i am very humble. I wouldn't say my memory is all that great and i realize that memory is important for being labeled "smart". I don't think i am that intuitive. I do have a great resistance to authority though, teachers police, parents and bosses. Luckily i know to keep my mouth shut and i know what to say most of the time.

So i don't know if the whole indigo Children thing is true or not, but i definitely feel different than 90% of people.

You could be right, we could not be sent here from another planet, that would seem to make the most sense. But i think it is fine to label people like this especially if they feel that what is going on in the world is wrong, which i do. The solution is so simple too, but no one wants to listen. It is quite sad really. Oh well

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
ok, well here is an example why the thread title ( does not reflect itself

this thread, as stated, is about how indigos are no more special in any way than other people
it is an agreed fact though that some people do show to have blue or indigo auras through korilian photography

so here is an example, say i made a thread about how black people are no more special than asian people, and then i titled the thread "there is no such thing as black people"

see what i mean?

[edit on 4/20/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
ok, well here is an example why the thread title ( does not reflect itself

this thread, as stated, is about how indigos are no more special in any way than other people
it is an agreed fact though that some people do show to have blue or indigo auras through korilian photography

so here is an example, say i made a thread about how black people are no more special than asian people, and then i titled the thread "there is no such thing as black people"

see what i mean?

Everything within context my friend. In the context of my thread, Indigo Children do not exist. I'm not making a blanket statement I'm stating why I think that the term Indigo Children does not exist.

Your just splitting hairs.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
So generally they are classified as having a high IQ, having a sense of purpose, rejecting Authority and being extremely perceptive.

What did we use to call these people before the 1970's? Humans. Humans of above average intelligence.

I think for me the title Indigo Children arent so much as high IQ, having a sense of purpose or rejecting authority. Those are the least important qualities. The most important qualities are the empathy and seeing what is wrong with the current world.

This has nothing to do with intelligence. Also most Indigo Children aren't labeled by their parents, because most indigo Children's parents have no idea why their kids are like the way they are.

Those parents are doing it for some reason, either to make money or to get the word out about this.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Chamberf=6

but in the end indigo children are people who have documented indigo auras by korrilian photography, that's all

so to imply that people with blue auras don't exist is incorrect

everything else though is true, they are no more special

k.. the word is Kirlian... NOT 'korrilian'. maybe you are playing a little too much star wars games. it's not pronounced corillian .. it is 'KIRLIAN'.. pronounced 'kur-lee-an' make a mental note of it.
I say this because you spell it like that at least 6 times in your posts and then tell people to google it... no dice.

so actually what i mean is

there IS such a thing as an indigo child (a person with a blue or indigo colored aura) but the definition does not go farther than that

any information beyond that are just opinions that people have come up with based on how and why different auras are different colors on different people, most assume that auras are connected to people personalities or something,

i personally don't follow that train of thought

but basically yeah, indigo children have blue auras, that's all

everything else is just opinion

so what the hell?

what 'causes' certain people's auras to be certain colors then?
you ascribe to this belief sysem so much as to place yourATS online identity centered around it..
but you actually don't understand that the person that started the term 'indigo children' .. focusses their work around 'colorology'.. the belief that certain 'colors' of auras ascribe to specific emotional/mental/physical states.

for someone to have a 'blue aura' or 'indigo aura' .. indicates a combination of specific emotional/mental/physical state... resultant in a 'spiritual color' .. www.nancyanntappe.com...

thus it wouldn't be crass to follow that line of thought into thinking that certain personality traits would repeatedly over the long haul. be more prone to produce specific 'states' that would visualize as 'indigo' yes?

I'm not defending or negating the concept of 'indigo children' in this post.. (i would never consider myself one)

i'm merely showing you logical thinking that you're missing here.. based off the originator of 'indigos' line of thought.. that is relevant to this discussion.

i am also pointing out that you, who call yourself 'indigointheflesh' .. do not really understand what the hell indigo is actually about.
which, i think is entertaining... and completley relative to this thread..because it's common in people who claim to be 'indigos' ..
(WE've got a LIVE ONE HERE FOLKS!!) ..

(how the hell can you/or anyone else call yourself an indigo if you can't see your own aura ALL THE TIME as INDIGO??.. or on camera. . .or other scientific means?? (kirlian doesn't count IMO) .. kirlian is showing the electricity/magnetism.. it can be a photo of an iron bolt or sunglasses for all i care and will look the same)

so in stating that 'indigos jsut have blue auras nothing more' is flase (ACCORDING TO THE AUTOR'S INFO) .. because according to HER.. having a blue/indigo aura MEANS something specific about the person.

but again.. to counter BOTH our points...

she says..

This Indigo label described the energy pattern of human behavior that now exists in over 95% of children born in the last 20 years.

www.allaboutindigos.com...

so what the helll ever.. we're "ALL" indigos now .. and you are not special 'in the flesh', because of your auric color .. according to Nancy Ann Tappe. maybe special because of other things.. but not because of the color of your aura.

-

[edit on 20-4-2010 by prevenge]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

So you're basically saying that you've retained some childlike innocence into your matured personality. That's awesome, and more people should be so blessed. I also am an extremely empathetic person.

But this "Indigo Child" stuff is very specific. It's extraterrestrial souls/spirits that are coming into our present time to help heal the world.

This thought offends me on several levels. Firstly, humans are already capable of these benevolent mentalities. All the qualities (besides being ET) describe things that humans have been doing since the beginning of time. Logically speaking, if we can already do all these things, then what's the point of being an Indigo?

Secondly, I don't think humans need any help whatsoever from outside sources. Whatever the problem is, we always have the power to change it. It's just a matter of personal choice, multiplied by 7 billion people. The thought that some outside agency would carry us into enlightenment like a mother carrying a child is offensive. We don't need their help, and they shouldn't be messing with our personal affairs - if they are benevolent, they probably wouldn't be getting directly involved.

Thirdly, it creates a mentality of superiority in the individual. This is never healthy. Even if they don't say it, they think it. This is extremely common among all types of belief systems but it's just as ugly with 'Indigos'.

Fourthly - and I understand this isn't your experience, but it is nonetheless the experience of many others - I just don't like the fact that parents are pushing this belief onto their kids since infancy. This is also an extremely common practice among different belief systems, but likewise, it is just as ugly in this case.

Ultimately I think people rail against "indigos" because they consider it as arrogance masquerading as uniqueness.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

So you're basically saying that you've retained some childlike innocence into your matured personality. That's awesome, and more people should be so blessed. I also am an extremely empathetic person.

But this "Indigo Child" stuff is very specific. It's extraterrestrial souls/spirits that are coming into our present time to help heal the world.

This thought offends me on several levels. Firstly, humans are already capable of these benevolent mentalities. All the qualities (besides being ET) describe things that humans have been doing since the beginning of time. Logically speaking, if we can already do all these things, then what's the point of being an Indigo?

Secondly, I don't think humans need any help whatsoever from outside sources. Whatever the problem is, we always have the power to change it. It's just a matter of personal choice, multiplied by 7 billion people. The thought that some outside agency would carry us into enlightenment like a mother carrying a child is offensive. We don't need their help, and they shouldn't be messing with our personal affairs - if they are benevolent, they probably wouldn't be getting directly involved.

Thirdly, it creates a mentality of superiority in the individual. This is never healthy. Even if they don't say it, they think it. This is extremely common among all types of belief systems but it's just as ugly with 'Indigos'.

Fourthly - and I understand this isn't your experience, but it is nonetheless the experience of many others - I just don't like the fact that parents are pushing this belief onto their kids since infancy. This is also an extremely common practice among different belief systems, but likewise, it is just as ugly in this case.

Ultimately I think people rail against "indigos" because they consider it as arrogance masquerading as uniqueness.

I don't have time to get into detail, but i agree with you almost completely. The alien thing is a bit whacky, but you never know. Hell most religions sound completly whacky so who knows.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Since you like to point out others mistakes in spelling, the name of the person you are refuting is indigothefish. Not indigo-in-the-flesh LOL

As you like to say: "Make a mental note of it."

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by quango

Shouldn't people have the right to believe whatever they'd like?

Yes but freedom of speech also gives the right to criticize or point out elements in belief systems that you don't like or believe are just plain false. People have the right to question their own beliefs and the beliefs of others and any belief system that does not welcome open inquiry or doubt is likely built upon deception or blind belief.

I agree fully with the OP, Indigo Children is just another facet of the child worship crowd, parents obsessed with living out their fantasies or attempting to relive their own youth through their children. Of course its also built on new age beliefs and lot's and lot's of unsubstantiated pseudoscientific ideas. That's why the characteristics of one of these Indigo Children is vague enough to fit almost anyone if you stretch it enough (same way horoscopes and prophecies work, keep it vague and people will project their own situations on to it, their minds work to make it fit)...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I agree with you 100%.

There is no such thing as "Indigo Children", it is nothing more than a label.

And society has quite enough labels, ignorantly, thank you very much.

Why the Hell do people feel the necessity to put themselves in a box?

Putting ourselves in a box is nothing more than pigeoholing ourselves.

I am neither "left-wing" nor "right-wing".

I am neither "Republican" nor "Democrat".

I am neither "pro-Government" nor "anti-Government".

I do know however that those paradigms are abused by many such people.

Those labels are nothing more than mismanaged marketing.

um, indigo is a color, it's deep blue

and indigo child is a person with a blue aura
you can have your aura photo taken and seen with korrilian photography

the existence of auras and their color are debatable

but an indigo child is a person with an indigo aura
not a person who 'does not fit in'

Sorry, I do not believe this, aura's change colors as the person's mood changes.

And as well as the person perceives things, from events to people.

It is as well something that changes as the person protects themselves from outside forces, whatever those are, because it is our spirit which is the aura, and our body is nothing more than a vessel for our spirit.

We are spiritual beings, with physical bodies, which just like cars need maintenance.

Our spirit is like the driver behind the steering wheel of whatever car our spirit chose to inhabit, at the time of our birth, which is sometimes beyond our control due to the parents lives from smoking, drinking, and other genetics, which affects that body, which is why we get birth defects.

And just like some people behind the wheel of an automobile are dangerous, some spirit's inhabiting a body is dangerous, depending upon many things.

It all depends upon the way that spirit was fed, through various religious, educational, and fitness ways in whether our spirit drives that body to do a great many positive things, or a great many negative things.

Nothing is more dangerous than allowing other people to impose ignorant labels upon other people, because it only ends up with people selecting people with those labels, and finding them as either a trouble in where society no longer needs them and eradicates them, or finds a reason to put them into a Concentration Camps and eliminates that particular "box" altogether along with all other "boxes" through ignorance.

Those labels, from "Indigo Child" to non-conformist only leads us into a worse state as a country, and destroys individuality and free-will.

And leads us faster and faster into both the Police State and as well the Nanny State.

Soon enough it will be illegal just to think and know the truth.

Because those in power will want us to believe only one way.

The way of ignorance in following blindly through complete subservience.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by prevenge

Since you like to point out others mistakes in spelling, the name of the person you are refuting is indigothefish. Not indigo-in-the-flesh LOL

As you like to say: "Make a mental note of it."

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

AHAHHAHAA!

lol my bad.

still.. it's KIRLIAN!

(don't forget it!)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
indigo was a pet beta fish of mine, no i did not center my 'ats identity' around 'aura color', just a pet fish i connected with

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
hmmmmm

before i leave this thread though

just wanted to say yes, i did read breifly through the remainder of posts that accumulated during my absence

i did not know that is how krillian (sp?) was spelled or pronounced

i admit defeat within this range of knowledge, please continue without me

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wow, wikipedia - what a credible and reliable source that has little moderation...

Actually investigate this phenom, not report second hand arguable information from a highly dubious site. The idea is to make up your own mind after research, then go in search of answers to questions that you have after having a full grip on the subject matter.

Too much 'going off half-cocked' on this site. No-one ever said that anybody was 'better' than anyone else. That is part of the old paradigm. It is about discovering human potential and advancement, not heirarchical or class systems.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
By labeling yourself,you have already limited yourself and ironically the lure of being different and special is erased because of these barriers that you have set yourself in.You have become,just like everyone else.

I have traits exactly the same all all these supposed "indigo" in the course of my childhood and adolescents but honestly,who hasn't ?And even if I was some kind of "indigo" kid,what good I am really?Have I contributed significantly towards the betterment of society or am I just going to continue living in delusion that I am "different" ?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

i did not know that is how krillian (sp?) was spelled or pronounced

i admit defeat within this range of knowledge, please continue without me

hey.. i actually want to apologize for how aggressive I was in my post re: your spelling and knowledge of the indigo concept.

sometimes I think I go a bit too far with pressing my point home, and get a bit brash.

ps- I enjoyed your thread on gourds.

-

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

She basically just described me. We'all people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join