It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post Writer: Internet Journalism Is "Sort Of Like Terrorism"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Washington Post Writer: Internet Journalism Is "Sort Of Like Terrorism"

infowars.net

A Washington Post columnist who appeared on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday described tea partiers as potentially violent and decried internet journalism as "sort of like terrorism"

When asked about her views on the Tea Party by host Bob Schieffer, Kathleen Parker, a Pulitzer Prize winning commentator, declared it to be dangerous:

"...this heated rhetoric and some of these words...that are pretty loaded, 'reload,' 'targeting'...there's a danger there." Parker said.

After describing the movement as dangerous Parker then said she wasn't saying that it was dangerous:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The washing post has officially discredited its self. They are upset because no one in their right mind trusts main stream media and are turning to the alternative media. IE internet Journalism.

Who is the real terrorists? Lets think back now.who was it thst was pushing the WMD lie? Is that not terrorism? I mean they are saying "We HAVE to invade or the biggie man will get you". That is terrorism.

Fox, the Criminal News Network er a CNN I mean, The times, the post, And all news agencies who helped cow us into thinking we where all gonna die are the REAL terrorists.

infowars.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Vinveezy]

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Vinveezy]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is when things start getting FUNNY.

This is like Cassette Tapes calling CDs Terrorists !

Hilarious!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The beauty of internet journalism is that it can't be fully controlled and regulated by some governments who would really like to do so, especially in the United States.

There is a lot of crap journalism on the internet, a lot of hoaxes and disinformation... But online communities, especially ATS are very good at collectively checking for other sources and calling out fraudulent news when it is posted here.

The truth finds its way here and is usually fully vetted and verified by a virtual army of incredibly intelligent ATS members rather quickly.

You bet this is terrorism, THEY are terrified of the truth and the speed at which it can spread on the internet.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
lol
I just think she's terrified of us

terrified that we're doing her
job better than she is
and we're not getting a paycheck .... why???
cuz we REALLY can handle the truth

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

This is like Cassette Tapes calling CDs Terrorists !

LMAO!!!! I know seriously but it is more like a broken record and a blue ray disk lol. nice analogy man ima use it

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sig worthy!

Let's put these shills out of business!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I thinks it's high time the term was changed from "Mainstream" Media to "Corporate" Media, to reflect their stance.
Nearly all of what they report, and how they report it is slanted to deflect any negativity from issues in which they might have a financial interest. They are hardly going to report any negativity if it affects a cnother corporate entity in which they have shares!

So, when we take the above into account, then look at all the padding on these "news entertainment" programmes - pulp news and "celebrity" gossip - it becomes clear that they are are as much into bias and censorship as the government. The real reporting is now internet based, by people on the ground at events, not some corporate hack submitting a story and having it edited and cleaned up to reflect corporate policies and biases.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You could have posted a more reliable news source than Info Wars...but I found elsewhere that this was indeed said, though the context is a bit different, it's still a horrible politically charged statement, the media is very scared of the internet, and many libertarians...and even scared of Tea Parties, which I don't understand.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

The progressives are getting more bold with every day that passes. They will not rest until they have everything under their collective wings including free speech.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

The incessant hypocrisy spilled onto the airwaves on a daily basis by the MSM is nothing more than a steamy pile of you-know-what.

'Internet Bloggers are the bad guys' - MSM

According to WHOM?

WHY?

"Because WE can't control them!" - MSM

BAH!!

Chrono

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I thinks it's high time the term was changed from "Mainstream" Media to "Corporate" Media, to reflect their stance.

I like Cliff Highs term "propagandist press". Let's hope they all follow Murdochs example, start charging for access and go out of business within a year.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If someone doesn't agree with their interpretation out of the trillions of possibilities then these yahoo's at the post claim it scares them? My GOD people get a freakin' life! Are these fools really this sheltered, are they still using 56k connections, no wonder they can't report quality news and are losing money. They are making it clear and obvious the same way Obama has done as well, if you can't compete with people's ideas then just call them crazy or terrorist or child rapers or something horrible, then by having done such you have won the argument in your own mind....and of course monkeys fly out of my butt too!

Gee, there couldn't ever be a conflict of interest and not only that but who cares what the Washington Post thinks about journalists on the web, they once carried my blog, I guess they have cold feet now, since they can't predict reality like some kind of Nostradamus. They must want reality to be some overgeneralized magic neatly tied up into a safe little corner to make themselves feel secure and correct in their political opinions, maybe they are wrong, maybe they are acting like mobsters for saying such a thing ,maybe they are more crooked than they appear?

Maybe bloggers are terrorists and maybe I can fly around the moon with magic fairy washington post ink? Who knows, maybe everyone that doesn't agree with them wants to hurt them and maybe the government wants to save them from these horrible opinions that scare them into the pollyanna racket they wish to save from 300 million internet users. This game has long since passed, It was over back in the 1990's, they need to get over it and stop crying crocodile tears about it. Nobody's gonna hurt somebody cause of WORDS they write or say....maybe we should ban english as well to protect us from terrorism, oh wait the school systems are already working on that....these people are making themselves look like idiots and anti free speech mobsters.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by bubbabuddha]

top topics

join