It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea readying for 3rd nuclear test: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

North Korea readying for 3rd nuclear test: report

www.reuters.com

North Korea is preparing for a third atomic test that may come in May or June, South Korean broadcaster YTN reported on Tuesday, an act that could further isolate Pyongyang and complicate already troubled nuclear diplomacy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Alright, well is this any surprise and is anyone scared?? I for one don't understand how a country can have such distructive power and yet the whole world doesn't take them seriously.

I am woundering if there will ever be a day when they finally do something, instead of fear mongering and saber rattling.

Come on Kimmy!!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Someone better tell the World Police............

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This not scare me at all. The reason is Kim Jong Il just want's attention he's not getting. Soon the country will go through great turmoil because Kim Jong Il will have to chose one of his son's to be his successor and North Koreans would not want to have a fascist monarchy. Unless they have brainwashed the North Koreans so much that they're basically sheep to Kim Jong Il and his family.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It's sad when all a country has is nukes....threaten a nuke test... consessions for reilef if no nuke test...get relief...threaten nuke test... and on and on it goes!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

A while back on discovery channel aired a program about Kim Jong Il and why he wanted get nukes for his country. One of the people close to him. Said that" Kim Jong Il wanted to get attention for his country. If he didn't have nuclear weapons, foreign country's will taken them over."

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

I wonder what Kim would do if the UN just ignored his childish antics and instead said, "how about we test a nuke on your palace ?"

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

I would imagine him pooping him self.
www.youtube.com... I encoded a link to the documentary about Kim Jong Il on the discovery channel. This perfectly draws the image people are wanting to know about him and what goes through his mind 24/7.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Oh yeah? The boy will cry wolf but eventually the wolf will show up. Same thing with North Korea. In my opinion the world knows that if they attack NK thousands of people will be killed. NK although not a military threat could most certainly do damage in a short amount of time. I mean here we have a country openly testing nuclear weapons and threatening countries with them yet the world does nothing. The world dropped the ball years ago with NK. The same thing is happening to Iran. Iran will eventually have the bomb and the world keeps whining and begging them to stop with sanctions. I'm not for bombing Iran but my god if you're going to bomb Iran and are really scared of them acquiring nukes GET ON WITH IT! The reason we don't go after Iran militarily is the same reason with NK. Although we could destroy Iran they will not go down without a fight. And that fight could take out hundreds of thousands of people.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It is really sad, but a point that is to be made. The problem with North Korea, is that it is a military dictator, it is the military that is in control and keeps him in control. He can not choose not to develop such, with out the agreement of his military. The die is cast and he has cross the rubicon, how the world reacts to this test will either give him reason to proceed or not. I do believe that we should not react, cause every time he does this kind of test, the world reacts, and it validates his position. I am just wondering what would happen if we do nothing and not react, chosing to ignore him and simply tighten a noose of isolation around his country, where he would have to approach with the intention of seeking help. The other part of this is that this material has to come from someplace, so we have to move cautiously. The other part is pride and honor that he has to maintain. We can not go in and demand that he disarm, nor use the carrot and stick method. If we want to get him to disarm, we has to show him respect and where he cannegotiate in a position of strength. By having him realize that there is strength in peace, that he can get alot by not having nuclear weapons, then they would consider such. If not, they are going to ignore such.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Quote from the article

"North Korea should come to its senses. The people are suffering and they spent 6 billion won ($5.37 million) in fireworks on founder Kim Il-sung's birthday. Imagine how much corn that could buy," South Korean President Lee Myung-bak said.

And that is the point. This guy is a madman. I think North Korea has to be the most deplorable place on Earth. I also read recently another article about Kimmy wearing designer clothes and expensive watches all while his people starve.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I hope Israel is upset about this.....oh no wait they won't care will they.

Out of these countries which have threatened war the most and which have nuclear weapons?

A)The United States

B) Israel

C) Iran

D) North Korea

If you chose either A, B or D then full points for you!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Very true. NK is a kind of anomoly. They are seen as an enemy and have been for a long time, yet they are almost completely ignored by the world and are allowed to not only develop, but test nukes. Something weird there I think.

And yeah, the US and Israel have nukes, but I don't think we have ever threatened to use them except is retaliation.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if other countries get Nuclear Weapons, right?

Well yes and no!

Not if you're a stable normal country.

But a big yes if you're a third World, Muslim country with a madman running it (Iran).

And another yes if you're a Muppet like Little Kim who keeps threatening War and is selling arms to terrorists (same as Iran).

So we do need to keep an eye on what's going on because these Nuclear Weapons in the WRONG hands could literally wipe out mankind and I've got too much to do yet before I die!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Oh brother come on............the US has been selling arms to terrorists for 50+ years. If you were a Russian fighting in the 1980's in Afghanistan I'm sure you would have viewed the US as selling arms to terrorists.
The irony and hypocrisy of Americans nowadays is what's so mind boggling. And I was born and raised in this country. People are so brainwashed nowadays..........it's like cheering on a professional sports team. Go America! Kick ass and take names!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm not concerned, if they used one the "war" would be over after a quick exchange, NK has a small land mass so they can't absorb that many strikes and continue. I'm sure Kim knows that he can't fight a nuclear war, those nukes are their survival insurance, nothing more.

What South Koreans should really be worried about is 1.2 million NK soldiers streaming over the DMZ. With nukes off the table it would be a long, bloody and costly fight to the last man.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Correction, the US sells arms to people that AT THE TIME are our allies. It's the whole "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

However, these people later betray USA (i.e. Osama, Saddam, Iran)

So yeah we sell to whoever is a benefit to us at the time.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I think you are right, The question is without nukes and help from China, would North Korea still exist?

NO, in fact it would have never existed had the Chinese not gotten involved. America was advancing well North and would have wiped them out had the Chinese not started crossing in from the North with all there support.

That is why there is a South and North.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
Alright, well is this any surprise and is anyone scared?? I for one don't understand how a country can have such distructive power and yet the whole world doesn't take them seriously.

Well sure they've got nukes. Scary.

But do they have any oil?

Besides I think between South Korea and Japan they're more or less contained. The likelyhood of them firing a nuke at the US is basically nil. The worst case scenario is they attack South Korea. Who is not Israel.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by belial259]

top topics

join